Can anyone help me translate Thiaoouba to Spanish please?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ArioK

Can anyone help me translate Thiaoouba to Spanish please?

I want to translate the book to spanish but translation and interpretation are two very different things. As you very well may know that a direct translation of a sentence will make absolutley no sense if not in some sort of cohert sequential order with proper placement of male and female characters etc.

So babel Fish fales me there. Does the Spanish Forum already have this accomplished ? i will have to go and search it now so I may get to the bottom of that . If anyone can help I really just want to translate the main excerpts at http://www.myspace.com/secretsofgod.

Thank You in Advance,
-Ariok-

Edit: Edited punctuation of the Subject title. [Aisin]
[Edit: Non-working link corrected. Correction made sometime between the time the post was made at and 2006-10-11 GMT, VeskoP]
Aisin

Hi ArioK, thank you for your contribution illustrated in viewtopic.php?t=811 . I'm glad to see your effort and ambitions, keep it up!

I have not proof-read your write-up at http://www.myspace.com/secretsofgod , and hence cannot endorse the accuracy of the excerpt, if I may have the rights to do so as a reader. Therefore, I cannot recommend that the best abstract to be presented to Spanish readers would be a translation of the write-up.

Were you referring to this when you mentioned the Spanish forum? Have you garnered anything from there?

If not, you may consider using this abstract of the book in Spanish directly from http://www.thiaoouba.com/micreal.htm .
ptex

Re: Can anyone help me translate Thiaoouba to Spanish please

ArioK wrote:I want to translate the book to Spanish but translation and interpretation are two very different things. (...)
If anyone can help I really just want to translate the main excerpts at http://www.myspace.com/secretsofgod.
You may wish to contact Tom Chalko (TC). I've been occasionally in contact with him and I learned that there's a Spanish unverified translation but it isn't available because of this unverified unofficial status. It would be great if you could proof read it and correct / adjust it as needed. I believe having a proper translation in Spanish is of the utmost importance so you have my full support there. As a final step it could published in printing in all Spanish speaking countries.

[Edit: Non-working link corrected. 2006-10-11, VeskoP]
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
jamen

The Spanish traslation is available in this web http://www.elplanetadorado.com; then click in "descargar el libro" and it will appear 2 formats, choose FORMATO .RTF... It has a few mistakes but I read the English and Spanish versions and the mistakes are not important. This Spanish version is that Tom Chalko did , like ptex said. and of course I can help to correct the mistakes.

[Edit: Non-working link corrected. Correction made sometime between the time the post was made at and 2006-10-11 GMT, VeskoP]
I am sorry for my English is not my native tongue
ptex

jamen wrote:The Spanish traslation is available in this web http://www.elplanetadorado.com; then click in "descargar el libro" and it will appear 2 formats, choose FORMATO .RTF... It has a few mistakes but I read the English and Spanish versions and the mistakes are not important. This Spanish version is that Tom Chalko did , like ptex said.
I have to confirm if this is the same version TC has. I'll post a little later on this.
jamen wrote:(...)and of course I can help to correct the mistakes.
Jamen, your help is most appreciated and welcome! Do please feel free to correct the mistakes. Also please notice that any mistakes or incoherencies on the translated text, only adds to the level of confusion and cannot be considered worthy resources, although it can be considered to be better than nothing. Again, this is why Tom Chalko is not confident enough in placing it online for download.

One further thing is needed to know regarding pagination: by Tom's request, future versions and translations should observe, as closely as possible, text matching in page numbers of both original and translation.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ArioK

Thank you for that I must get this emailed o all my family. they thank you in advance
soulrider

ptex wrote:One further thing is needed to know regarding pagination: by Tom's request, future versions and translations should observe, as closely as possible, text matching in page numbers of both original and translation.
Now there's the silliness of it all ptex... Tom obviously knows NOTHING of publishing, and I serioulsy mean NOTHING! As if another language will translate word from word from one language to another :roll:
Now before I get flamed, I don't give a rats A** how many rubbish books Tom's released, as I've designed so many books for more years than I care to count, in various languages that it spins me out "he" calls the shots.

I feel for you ptex, as you know how hard it was to produce a revision of TP, and you my friend, did an AWESOME job!

IMO, the "book" should be translated into Latin, and shoved under the nose of the mongrel Clergy at gun point!
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Kestrel

"Mongrel Clergy ? "
"Gunpoint ? "
So descriptive :lol:
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

>> mongrel Clergy at gun point

Through much of my youth I was disgusted at Catholocism for what they did : burning of 'wtiches', killing protestants, book burnings [they have actively tried to destroy much of the early christian history, eg. other accounts of the life of Yeshua (Jesus) such as the Apocryphal books], the murderous crusades, greed for power and money, crazy doctrines, etc.

When I was young I didn't differentiate between catholics and other christians. They were all the same to me. Later for some reason I got curious and started reading Revelations [boy it seemed like pure gobbledygook back then]. Later still I met some Catholics who were wonderful kind caring people. [No I am not a Catholic ! and I'm not trying to sell you a bible either ;)]

I am wondering myself what am I jabbering about :_). Well, I think I am trying to say that Catholics have done some pretty messed up things even in recent history, and I think some of their doctrines are kinda.. well.. really messed up .. but many, if not most, are actually pretty nice people [just like any other religion I guess]. So please please don't hate someone just for being Catholic.

Pretty please? There might just be a Catholic or two on this forum.. who knows! Some of them are pretty open minded ya know.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
soulrider

Zark wrote:>> mongrel Clergy at gun point

Through much of my youth I was disgusted at Catholocism for what they did : burning of 'wtiches', killing protestants, book burnings [they have actively tried to destroy much of the early christian history, eg. other accounts of the life of Yeshua (Jesus) such as the Apocryphal books], the murderous crusades, greed for power and money, crazy doctrines, etc.

When I was young I didn't differentiate between catholics and other christians. They were all the same to me. Later for some reason I got curious and started reading Revelations [boy it seemed like pure gobbledygook back then]. Later still I met some Catholics who were wonderful kind caring people. [No I am not a Catholic ! and I'm not trying to sell you a bible either ;)]

I am wondering myself what am I jabbering about :_). Well, I think I am trying to say that Catholics have done some pretty messed up things even in recent history, and I think some of their doctrines are kinda.. well.. really messed up .. but many, if not most, are actually pretty nice people [just like any other religion I guess]. So please please don't hate someone just for being Catholic.

Pretty please? There might just be a Catholic or two on this forum.. who knows! Some of them are pretty open minded ya know.
Good points bloke, and YERP, I'm a so called "catholic" - almost all my schooling was "wrongolic"... I could give some graphic details on how sleezy the Priests were, or how violent/evil the Nuns/Sisters/Brothers were, but it just isn't worth it... True following Catho's are delusional people... 99% of ALL people I went to school with DO NOT practice Catholism in this current time... to be honest, they've gone further away from that rubbish than you could be if you NEVER went to "church" - THANK GOD!
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Zark

soulrider wrote:I could give some graphic details on how sleezy the Priests were, or how violent/evil the Nuns/Sisters/Brothers were, but it just isn't worth it... True following Catho's are delusional people... 99% of ALL people I went to school with DO NOT practice Catholism in this current time... to be honest, they've gone further away from that rubbish than you could be if you NEVER went to "church" - THANK GOD!
The voyeuristic TV loving part of me wants to know all the gory details :lol:
There seem to be rapists and violent, cruel, power hungry people among the leaders of all groups/religions [beware the wolves in sheeps clothing, eh]. From the horror stories I have heard, which includes someone I know, I wouldn't recommend someone leave their child alone with another male friend or relative. Rape is just so terribly common and it is practically always the men isn't it?.

Although Buddhism seems to be the least effected by these abusive types [or perhaps I am just ignorant], I have still heard stories of the occasional cruel 'master'. I recall talking to two different Japanese people on separate occasions about Buddhism and they both left the impression that in Japan Buddhists have gained a kind of notoriety as hypocrites [but that is just 2 people so I don't know how accurate that impression is], much like Christianity has in Western countries..
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams