Is this forum, what was intended.

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

brettmtl

Is this forum, what was intended.

I have not been here for a while, and it might be just me, but I have one question?

Is this forum helping the planet and ourselves. A lot of times I will read a thread and then want to leave after what I feel is straight negativity. People want to shut each other down.
I thought this was about expanding on the wonderful foundation Michel has established and supporting each other with love and compassion.

It might be just me, but I was thinking, if I feel this, obviously, there will be others.

So I put it out there, what is the intention of this forum?

Mine is that it is a loving and compassionate place that supports all our beliefs and wisdom.

What are your thoughts?

Brett
bomohwkl

There is a danger if each other support all our 'beliefs' and 'wisdom'. We will create a fanatic group who doesn't not other to question our belief. This will limit our understanding.

I see it a place to expand our understanding. Debating is a form of trying to seek a greater understanding. Just imagine a society who just follow what people said and support what other people said, we will create a group of zombie who is unable to think independently.

My 2 cent. You are welcome to debate and expand my thoughts.
PyroKinetic

Hes completely right, if u question urself u will learn more things, like since i started questioning christianity and stuff it lead me to read TP and other very good books full of knowledge and wisdom. But i dont wanna be like my family ignorant and all , they dont even wanna try to understand other beliefs because they are afraid it will RUIN their faith. But i think it will help them open their eyes.
brettmtl

Thank you both for your input and I totally understand where you are coming from.

Debate is a wonderful thing and I would never condone blind belief.

I am getting clearer on where I am coming from.
I just want to put it out there, how would Christ or Thao speak to one another.

As we know there is enough *** out in the world without having to dump it on one another. So I ask can this forum be a safe place where we support each other. Fair enough we can present our point of view, but at the same time we are all here for a similar pupose.

One question, why are there hardly any females on this forum?
Zio

brettmtl wrote:One question, why are there hardly any females on this forum?
Well, there is no information that says that we are a man/woman. I could be a woman, since I never said I wasn't one or the contrary. Anyway, this has no importance in our development of our spirituality. Women can be as good at men.

I went to other forums, and most of the people there are very immature. We rebuke them for their good and they go crazy... On the contrary, the members of this forum are mature, because they know the Truth... well, tend to know the Truth at least :wink:
But as Ptex said to me once, we are never safe from unwanted people, since this forum is accessible for everyone.
dloheb

wisdom would support itself, I would think
brettmtl

You are right Zio I have no way of discerning how many males or females use this forum.
My point about females is that woman balance men and vice versa. Hermaphrodites are the perfect example. It is like science and religion or light and dark.
This is not about woman being better than men or vice versa, it is just that without the input of woman, discussions can become very intellectual and dry. But hey as you say Dholeb wisdom supports itself. But wisdom without love and compassion is fairly ruthless.

Maybe my expectations are too great and after all, this is purely a discussion forum, where any subject can be raised.

Thank you for your interest and time.

have fun

Brett
Lena

whoever said that females aren't dry and intellectual and men aren't be loving and compassionate? I think you are placing too much emphasis on gender stereotypes.

I am female, btw