Critical Point in History?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

NJones

Critical Point in History?

On page 52 of TP it reads:

‘A certain percentage of these people are arriving at a very critical point in history and we feel that the time has come to try to assist them. If they will listen, we can ensure that they take the right path. This is why you have been chosen...’

Has this been discussed here before? I could not find any mention of it, to me this is one of the key sentences in the whole of the book. Especially as it is italicized.

But what does it mean? It cannot, in my opinion, be referring to a forthcoming global natural disaster as it clearly states 'A certain percentage of these people'. Any global disaster would affect everyone.

So what is this critical point in history? What happens to the people who have not chosen the right path by this point in time?

Any thoughts?

Nicola
Alisima

There are always critical points in history, you simply do your best and that is that.
Don't read my signature.
NJones

There is more to it than that. I have since found the following on TFOC forum:
Hi Tom,
I have been re-reading The Book and I am intrigued to know your interpretation of the following sentence:

`A certain percentage of these people are arriving at a very critical point in history and we feel that the time has come to try to assist them. If they will listen, we can ensure that they take the right path. This is why you have been chosen...`

What do you think of the `very critical point` part? [A.J.].

Thao deliberately allowed many interpretations. I have discussed this with Michel and all he could say was that that he was asked to highlight the above statement.

Since the development of individual intellect seems to be the essence of existence - the "critical point" must refer to intellect. 2000 years ago it was expressed as follows:

"Whoever has something in hand - will be given more, and whoever has nothing - will be deprived of even the tiny bit that person has".

I think that the "critical point" is about understanding of the Universe. If we do not attain enough understanding - our intellect will become polluted with propaganda, fear and misinformation SO much that the situation may become critical for our existence, both individual and as a society. [Tom]
So Michel was asked to emphasize the statement but was not told the meaning behind it.

Curious?
Rezo

ramble v 2.0

I think that the "critical point" is about understanding of the Universe. If we do not attain enough understanding - our intellect will become polluted with propaganda, fear and misinformation SO much that the situation may become critical for our existence, both individual and as a society.

The thing about this concept that confuses me is --- real confusing for me:

a). theres reincarnation
b). dont fear death
c). but we cant reincarnate and will cease to spiritually exist -- because were 'confused' from lies of powerful people that mess things up for everyone????

I have a problem with what he's saying there -- he is implying that decent efforts of some individuals will mean nothing for their own spirit, since the society as a whole is killing itself.

I seem to resonate with the idea that Universal understanding means community understanding, that a person cannot exist in a vaccuum....even the man who stays at home all day and never goes anywhere, is being helped in ways from people that make groceries, electricity company, other people. We all need each other to exist as well, to exist ourselves.

And to be able to collectively do it, conspicuously/sustainably, seems to involve/require an INCREDIBLE amount of trust - one that just doesnt come very easily. Maybe those of us that want to create better communities need to trust oursevles more.

For example: astral travel. Collectively, religions NEVER DISCUSS this very important means of learning how to be able to inner/inter-dimensionally travel the vast expanse of lives -- lets say religion is a microcosm of global society -- and me, I practice astral travel or TRY to [the other night I tried to do it and came 99% close to consciously doing it, within only a minute or so after lying down - and got SO scared and chose to stay] anyway --- a community of people online is good, but a physical place to go to learn astral travel is ESSENTIAL I think, if people who need to learn this skill can ever hope to shed that really distracting fear. [sure is for me!]

AND - astral travel to our higher selves, is probably a simple task once the keys are used. Just like in life -- and Thao says repeatedly 'it is very simple, Michel' in different instances -- that, for example, natural cures versus pharmaceutical ones. SO many, so easy, but NOT easy to do, if you work in many kinds of offices [ive worked in a few different ones - certainly havent seen too many kinds but id guess enough], where everything is, for the most part, cable news there, big pharma and unhealthy food promotional type environments]... short story: nature has all answers but collectively, the opposite kind of mentality/spirituality seems to constantly be a very strong force to deal with. [Im not talking about recent political situations but im sure they play a part but not as reported]. Thankfully that was only a short term gig for me.

Sure theres yoga and meditation, but name a place you can go in the *physical* world to travel astrally with a teacher, like Michel and the others did, WITHOUT drugs, that doesnt charge too much $$$$$.... I dont think it exists here on earth, or anywhere else nearby!! [I mean, maybe it does, let me know if so!]

wow that was long. hopefully it made some sense and didnt repeat too much what has already been said by others.
Robanan

Re: ramble v 2.0

Rezo wrote:I think that the "critical point" is about understanding of the Universe. If we do not attain enough understanding - our intellect will become polluted with propaganda, fear and misinformation SO much that the situation may become critical for our existence, both individual and as a society.

The thing about this concept that confuses me is --- real confusing for me:

a). theres reincarnation
b). dont fear death
c). but we cant reincarnate and will cease to spiritually exist -- because were 'confused' from lies of powerful people that mess things up for everyone????

I have a problem with what he's saying there -- he is implying that decent efforts of some individuals will mean nothing for their own spirit, since the society as a whole is killing itself.

I understand your confusion, as such I would like to inform you that no-one (Tom, Michel...) ever said that "we cant reincarnate and will cease to spiritually exist -- because were 'confused' from lies of powerful people that mess things up for everyone", first things first, I feel I have to bring to your attention that the above sentence (point "c" in your quote) is simply your own deduction. As Tom (J.C.) may advise you to think futher, long enough to clear the confusion, I would like to give you a hint.

From TFoC one can understand that there are things that inhibit your spiritual progress, nevertheless the path to spiritual destruction is filled with so much pain and agony that no soul can bare, specially when on the opposite side everything else is so intresting, wonderful and exciting. The society may or may not misinform you, you can cope and meet with this kickback using your intellect, wisdom, and the most important thing your heart. Please note that if you reduce your spiritual existance into it's most primitive form, you are the creator of the universe.

In my darkest times I could hold to one thing that I could say it was real and it was actually there with a 100% accuracy; that was the love I felt inside me. Today, everything I am and everything I know, everything I understand, and everything I notice have that simple truth I found in me and my life at their basis. I also mean to say, the critical point in ones life includes but is not limited to establishing which things are real and which things are not. Misunderstanding the love you feel inside, can afflict you with the "Curse of Love", which will make love and loving, a painful experience for you and everyone around you. Have you met people who complain that Love is nonsense? I have... and as in contrast and to give you an example I appreciate the job Oprah is doing at her show.

If there is a specific sentence that confuses you, you can tell me about it as you may whish to know my opinion. You are right in saying that "the critical point" in ones life and in the life of a society (and the civilization that society belongs to), is about understanding the universe. Now, don't you feel one has to brake that concept into small achievable steps?
Rezo wrote:[the other night I tried to do it and came 99% close to consciously doing it, within only a minute or so after lying down - and got SO scared and chose to stay] anyway --- a community of people online is good, but a physical place to go to learn astral travel is ESSENTIAL I think, if people who need to learn this skill can ever hope to shed that really distracting fear. [sure is for me!]
Sure theres yoga and meditation, but name a place you can go in the *physical* world to travel astrally with a teacher, like Michel and the others did, WITHOUT drugs, that doesnt charge too much $$$$$.... I dont think it exists here on earth, or anywhere else nearby!! [I mean, maybe it does, let me know if so!]
Does your Fear stem from the confusion we just talked about? If so, you should drawn yourself in the Love you feel inside while consciously doing astral travels, when you'll see the bright side by yourself with your own perception, you'll be empowered and you will know that you have power over everything else in the universe. Make the room you have chosen for your astral travels a safe and pleasant place. You will be amazed how loving and caring cats are, people in Ukraine belive cats draw evil spirits away. You will be amazed to find the truth behind this traditional belief.
Rezo

I have a cat. She is very nice and I always feel calm when shes around :) Shes pretty smart and id say shes sensitive to presences, Ive seen her chase and run real fast around the house then just stop for seemingly no reason. However I never have yet been able to sense any sort of disturbance during that time.

What you said, is pretty much how I feel. Pretty spot on.

I actually understood Toms quote and only made that deduction [obviously my own, certainly not his] as a possibility, for example, he never explained it clearly, for me, so, I took a pessimistic possibility. Ive been a bit pessimistic about things in my life recently, not everything but some things have gotten me a little sad you might say. Im trying out some peaceful visualizations now, Ill try to incorporate some of your suggestions, although I dont quite understand the cat one. Should the cat be in the room while I go [she might wake me up inadvertantly most likely LOL] ?

It may be because I havent been in an intimate relationship [romantic love type] for quite some time, part of me misses/forgets how, and at the same time, well, I could say im a shy person but I dont think at some level Ive chosen to back away from it. Some family members tell me that, I dont think its true. Who knows though. Makes me feel kind of .... lost without direction in a way. Sometimes while awake this is how my heart can feel. Not to the point of severity, but certainly a lacking.

I think my astral travel fear comes from my fear of ego dissolving .. a common barrier Ive read about -- something is unresolved, otherwise, my transition to that plane wouldnt be uncomfortable. Its good/interesting, how interdimensional travel requires major mental-emotional cleaning. Just hope its not too difficult or too 'over-the-top' of an experience.
By the way even after coming back to my body, and waking up, it was weird, i had the sensation, i could still feel i was up there, even though my head was in my....head. lol. like a reverberation.

Im not necessarily aiming to accomplish astral travel right away, but it certainly is a goal that I have.
Lena

but if cats have been mistreated they make nasty mean pets :(
Rezo

awwww im sorry :(

we used to have a cat, then had construction done it was SO LOUD she ran away :(

actually i wish i had....all that noise.....well i did, for a while I took walks and stuff like that -- but there were times i didnt also :?

anyway we have a russian blue, shes been with us since may '01. cute little thing

dinners ready, gotta go
Lena

Luckily I've had really good cats along with the bad. I love them all though
Robanan

Dear Rezo,

You are right, I haven't explained the cat advice clearly enough, Lena is right cats should be treated with care, the key is to notice, understand and respect their individuality, I know a cat who stopped eating, and was depressed until it ran away. It was being treated like a toy, a furball to play with, both by the grownups and the children in that family. anyway...

The cat should be there to give you what you require of it. I don't mind my cats climbing on my shoulders or falling asleep on my lap when I'm meditating, it makes me even feel joy and it joys me to feel their trust and acceptance. It's all about makeing the experience as pleasant as it can be for you. My point is that as it is written in the book you can call upon nature to assist you, that is challenging since we are on a category 1 planet but still, the point is to see and feel the real things. You can experiment with many things, including cats. I picked up this example (it was supposed to be an example) because it's close to me.

Cats, "play" as it comes naturally to them... they can use any thing to compose their playing sequence, from a small piece of paper on the ground up to the challenge of climbing a wall, they can use any object, sound, smell or any combination of them to hunt or hide from as they simply play, very naturally and spontaneous. This is as far as my observations and understanding goes, I really enjoy watching the storm as it builds and comes up :)

I can allow myself to advise you to make more friends, use everything available to you to make more friends, you'll see that if you are loving, and you will have friends who are loving and caring and as understanding and respectful as you yourself are, Romantic connections will find their way to you all by themselves.
Zio

Lol, at first we were talking about critical point in history, now we're talking about cats.

About critical point:
Yes, you are absolutely right: We are getting more conscious about what the Universe is. We regain our technology to communicate really fast. If we were in the 1700's, a lot less people will know about the Universe. But because of Internet, more people are being conscious. WE are the generation that plays the final role on Earth. Well, at least trying to, since a lot of sources are telling that this planet is soon to be gone.

About astral body/soul:
For me, it is easier to accept TP and TFOC when we have read a french author Bernard Werber. He romantise (Is that the verb?) what is after-life, what's reincarnation and all (even though I'm not sure he himself understand.
Our soul goes from physicals bodies to others. We gather experience (like in a game), and after we lived in a physical body, we jump to another, because we must change our environment we live in. Like for example, the soul of a president might want to experience how it is to be a poor african after his death.

About astral travel:
Well... Hum... I didn't really travel, but when I sleep, I was conscious that I didn't feel... inside of me. You know, after laying down and before sleeping, there is a phase where we don't feel much inside of us right? I don't think that's astral travel, but it's a start... I hope. My brother feels the same, but he cannot control it (being conscious about that phase and maintaining it), unlike me.

About cats:
OMG!!!! I <3 CCCCCCAAAAAAAAATS :D. I know the true potential of cats. Egypt ppl used cats because they can see our spiritual thingy. Well, I'm 100% that they are the best friend of human.
shezmear

Re: Critical Point in History?

NJones wrote:On page 52 of TP it reads:

‘A certain percentage of these people are arriving at a very critical point in history and we feel that the time has come to try to assist them. If they will listen, we can ensure that they take the right path. This is why you have been chosen...’

Has this been discussed here before? I could not find any mention of it, to me this is one of the key sentences in the whole of the book. Especially as it is italicized.

But what does it mean? It cannot, in my opinion, be referring to a forthcoming global natural disaster as it clearly states 'A certain percentage of these people'. Any global disaster would affect everyone.

So what is this critical point in history? What happens to the people who have not chosen the right path by this point in time?

Any thoughts?

Nicola
Do you remember the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?

How the thiaooubans had a chat out the front of the city with Lot...

It seems that percentages are a part of deciding, when and how to do things...

also I feel reading it again, their is a time to act and a time to wait, from their perspective, you don’t cast perils before swine, or in that, talk to people that have no ear for what you are trying to communicate to be effective you have to wait till they through there own trial and tribulation come around to a point were when you speak they will be able to have some grasp of what you are saying, at some point in everyone’s existence`s they slowly but surely choose to realize the truth, another analogy to talk about timeing is like fruit, you only eat it when it is ripe, don’t you?....:)LOL
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Rezo

I sincerely believe these 'percentages' are spoken in the context of a global scale.
I also believe the internet is the main tool in which this is happening.
Ptah

Surely its the percentage that chooses to seek!

Eg; The people here, the people unsatisfied with the nonsence in the government and media.

A soul could have reached its critical time on earth, without reading TP!

I cant for one, think of a G.I. that would not reincarnate a soul for just missing something! Thats a bit like believing in heaven and hell! How could any one offend GOD!

Also this implies that NOW is a critical time. To me that even though a 1st catagory soul maybe almost on the verge of moving up a catagory at any point in history, they may not due to the belief systems and hereditary empathic/learning a society or civilization impose on an individual. RIGHT NOW there is so much information to an individuals fingertips and if they are just slightly open to new ideas they can very easily change themselves, and a new path will be found. I could quite easily say that those here are on the right path. Given that the soul is immortal, if you miss it now, the next time youll get it.
ptex

Very interesting point!
/ quoted from TP page 127 wrote:‘One day you are a beggar and then you can be a Queen, such as Labinola who, of course, was not only at the top of the wheel but also learned a
lot and greatly helped others. And yet, in many cases, a beggar will learn as much
as a king and in some instances he will learn much more.
Since we have no idea on which side of the "wheel of life" we're on, although it leaves me wondering what will happen the next lifetime in case I don't "upgrade" this time, I chose not to give this too much attention basically because I feel there's the opportunity right here and now to make it already and this is tremendously inspiring for me, to know that such chance exists... something that I didn't have the slightest clue before I read TP :sunny:
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth