Drugs any one?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Drugs any one?

High times…

This article is kind of hard to stomach but it is real and a eye opener, hear in Melbourne new drugs a hitting the street stuff far more potent and addictive then was around when was young, I’m guessing the pretty well every one this forum is drugs free myself well and truly but when I read this, I was a little horrified…

In Melbourne I used to get people try and sell me drugs all the time, the hard stuff to like heroine, it’s funny to have someone look you in the eyes and say “want to score” knowing that they are trying to sell you something that will utterly screw up your mind and life…yet it is made out to be a good time….

Like someone coming to your door selling religion....

http://www.rotten.com/library/crime/dru ... phetamine/

It seems to me that were there is a will there is a way, I guessing that drugs can be produced on any category of planet but it is only the truly young that continue with this sort of behavior…

I do not recommend the rest of the site, you have been warned…:!:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
soulrider

huh??? :?

I'm confussed??? Must be the drugs? :? :roll:

FOC ??? *not that I recommend any of Tom Chalko's works :?
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Lena

what brought you to that website in the first place, shezmear? :roll:

it is indeed sad the sacrifices some people will make to "have fun"
shezmear

soulrider wrote:huh??? :?

I'm confussed??? Must be the drugs? :? :roll:

FOC ??? *not that I recommend any of Tom Chalko's works :?
Soulrider, try as I may I have read you post at least 7 times and I can`t seem to make head or tail of what your point is,I`m sure if I could hear you say it, I would be able to go, O.k I know were you are coming from but I just don`t...

What is your point/points?

Lena why do you ask? I trust you read it...
J.C
Rezo

its weird how people have an urge to make happiness out of even house hold chemicals. I mean, Im starting to wonder more now about why the herb Ma Huang was banned in my country, does it have anything to do w/this meth thing? I hate to think about it but, theres some real bad stuff out there. Reading that made me cringe, repeatedly.

Some people are just 'tired w/reality'. Ill take reality any day, thanks very much. The recurrent counter arguement always seems to be 'but what is real? if you dont know, you should look outside the 5 sense prison.....' ok, any david icke/ayahuasca fans out there might have heard this phrase before. He makes a very articulate assertion about it, of course. David was part of a convention few years ago, I think another guy, 'Zoe 7' was there....this individual took ALL KINDS of ordinary type stuff, and wrote a book about how to do them/what it did to/for him.....I know about it because I am curious as to what makes people do this, as I have been a former occasional marijuana user.

Drugs replace the higher self, with something, I like to call, a 'lower self'. Has anyone seen Terence McKennas talks online [youtube, or video.google.com]? He seems to get at something, but then.....to me it just seems it just 'doesnt really'. No offense to him, just my opinion. A circuitous route, as in a black hole, e.g. the movie 'altered states.'

Sadly, as a human race weve been duped [and chose to accept] somehow into believing that the only way to *really* enjoy yourself is to step away from it [drugs being an 'ultimate' example]. Secret feelings desperation can sometimes play a part. The bad thing is, media constantly, without caring about what theyre doing, paint an image of carefree attitude, which I believe, subliminally encourages *consistent and *repeated 'explorations' of such types. A prime example is the middle-class 60s drug-intensive counterculture in US, some argue it came from a government mind program.

Whats worse, and much less talked about though, are *forced* druggings of others w/these types of substances. What to do about that??
shezmear

One of the things which drugs do is up set the natural drugs in the brain for example each human has their own supply of opium, which is used in various times such as, if someone is tramaterised the body will trigger a release of opium to deal with the situation, however if you increase the amount of opiates with in the body, the brain stops making them, so in effect when someone has been abusing these types of substance, they actually get chemically imbalanced with in the brain because the brain says hey, I got plenty of opiate’s, I don’t need to produce my own, which will manifest as depression which can fuel the drug taking, this is why some times drugs takes say, I take drugs to feel normal again…

I don’t know about people being forced to take drugs, part from the mentally ill…I think they are more prescribed and attempting to treat something, as appose to “have a good time”
J.C
Lena

well there's also date-rape drugs.

shezmear, I was just curious why you were researching crystal meth or how you came about that site. I read some of it; most of it I was already aware of because they taught us about drugs in health class last year and I've read magazine articles about it.
survivor

Shezmear, that "drug" site (although sad) is very amusing. I like the extreme Before and After meth makeover.pic.

Also, I think soulrider is trying to say that, it's one's choice to indulge in drugs and we know that, that is true. But, we also know that, people only manufactor drugs for Money and Power.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
shezmear

Lena I came apron the site when one of my old work friends herd a talk given by the site owner, he looked at the site and sent me to it with out warning, I was drawn back to the site in a attempt to try to help myself over come the fear of death of the physical body, given that I have a almost zero threshold of violence and blood and guts, never could get used to it, but I accept it is a part of life so in that I try and have some handle of what it is and what form it takes, so when it arrives I’m able to make a decision as appose to go into shock….

Nice to see you back survivor, and I must confess I did laugh a bit but more because I think the writer was genuinely trying to be funny....and so played it up, the before and after photo shot kind of threw me….
J.C