TP the Movie?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

ronald

# 1st 3 sec. <START>
Fade in from black towards an equalizing color spectrum.

# 3sec. to 6sec. <MAKE RELAXING ATMOSPHERE>
Softly bend the equalizing color spectrum in natural forms while cross fading the colors.

# 6sec. to 9sec. <SHOCK EFFECT TO PREPARE FOR AN ALERTING MIND STATE>
Direct and sharp cut off to black. 3 sec. of nothing.

# 9sec. to 15sec. <IMPRINTING OF MAIN MESSAGE> *
Display the quote from the top of page 52 over the entire screen.
Soft and equal back ground, clear and expressive font type.

page 52
‘A certain percentage of these people are arriving at a very critical point in history and we feel
that the time has come to try to assist them. If they will listen, we can ensure that they take the
right path. This is why you have been chosen...’

* Since the above quote may not be directly understood by a person who did not read the book, it may provide a sense of mystery that encourages further investigation.

# 15sec to 18 sec. <IMPRINTING OF ACTION>
Direct and sharp cut off to black background.
Display the word READ in the center of the screen.
Clear and impressive font type, letter color is white for strong contrast.

# 18sec. to 21sec. <ADVERTISEMENT>
Direct and sharp cut off to black back ground.
Gradual but swift fade in of the book title 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' into the center.
Use illuminating fonts with glowing golden aura around the letter edges, but not too much.

<END>

It may be easier to add an audio part later to accentuate certain points and if needed make more mood.

I'm interested to see what we can produce together.
..Anyway this would be my version of a Teaser.
survivor

Yes it is impressive. Soulrider, keep the good work coming.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Zark

Soulrider, that was very cool. That could be used as an intro page for this website, if that is ok with you?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
soulrider

nice work Ronald, there's some nice ideas in there, thanks.

I was thinking a bit more visual imagery, which will have to be "created" as our silly friend Michel forgot to take his video camera when he was abducted :roll: :lol:

eg: flying over Mu, flying throught the forrest's of Thiaoouba and over the Golden Doko, Giant Ant's attacking humans on another planet, Michel's view when leaving earth etc... that sort of stuff, along with text, audio and "punch"...

c'mon people, I know you all have ideas, just throw them out there so we can all filter out the "cool" stuff.

Ta.

EDIT: Sorry Zark, forgot to reply - YES! use whatever you like that I post as I've stated before - no stress :wink: 8) although, I can edit the format/scale to work as a flash or GIF banner if you like????
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
kaminoko

Re: TP the Movie?

I thought the same thing.... Thiaoouba Prophesy should be made into a movie. I think something 3D like the final fantasy styles could work or more lifelike such as 10,000 B.C. or Zanthura. I hope it is done as true to form to the book as possible. I think it would inspire many to read the book as the book, from what I can tell, is still virtually unknown to the world.
drummer

What's the point? I mean really - what is the point of making a movie? Then, why not to make a Radio or TV station? Remember what the author of the book said in the end? He advised people to group, one by one. Personally I admire the phrase - whoever seeks, will find. Other brilliant advise is from The Freedom Of Choice author - Help people very carefully, only when asked. I live my life that way and seriously - I do not see much people who would be interested in watching a film or reading the book. And even if they watched some movie - it would be just some movie, and it is not the aim anyways. People watch TV all the time.

My personal advise would be a combination of those bolded above. I see no point of showing or telling anything to anyone who is not interested in the matter.
ArioK

I just know that most people only read a handful of books in thier entire life. At least my generation does. A movie version of Thiaoouba would get people to read it, without a doubt in my mind it would. For example the movie Twilight came out and those that didnt know it was a book before it became a movie went straight out and suddendly became varicious readers and would not put it down for days on end. I know of several accounts of people doing this with all 4 Twlight books immediatley after seeing he movie when previously they have only read less then 15 books in the past 20 years. The accounts were my friends roomate and my girlfriend.
" All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Lord Buddha.... Think Love, Be Love.
soulrider

drummer wrote:What's the point? I mean really - what is the point of making a movie? Then, why not to make a Radio or TV station?
:shock: You do realise the cost of a Radio or TV station is in the 100's of millions to start up if not more, plus the legalities with governments to get the rights to create one - basically that's an impossible task :scratch:

A movie/doco/short film would have been a better idea. Unfortunately I'm getting very little support for this type of project. No one is willing to take it on board because no one in the industry believes in it. The author of TFOC is also not willing to share any of the fine details that would make this work. I'm on my own... I thought about creating various scenes from the book and release them over the internet, but due to the lack of support, I'll be only doing some for my own enjoyment.

thanks to all those with some positive feedback though, it was nice while it lasted.

I'd have more industry support if I made a flic about a druggy hooker that kills her clients than anything TP realated - which I find really sad :(
suneyes27

Hey Guys, I'm new here :)

I think soulrider is being very forward-thinking in wanting to spread the message of the book with a visual interpretation of it. That said, I understand the concerns of a lot of you who are worried that our limited imaginations wouldn't do the real experience justice. And I'm sure it's obvious to most of us that Hollywood shouldn't touch this. I think there are two things we can do:

(1) Just make a teaser for the book. This would be easier on soulrider for one, but could also give us a lot of leeway in terms of what to include and not to include. If we choose this, we can only use parts that are clearly visually representable (for example, not the visit with the Sages)

(2) If soulrider's up for it, we could do a full-length movie, but the script would have to be based word for word on the book, and we would just have to overlook our inability to get the look completely right, but with constant critiques from the boards we could get really close.

By the way, I could draft a script. I'm majoring in Experimental Media but screenwriting's one of the things I've studied here. I've written and shot several movies, so I think I could do a very faithful script. The only problem is I'm working on two other scripts right now, should be done by mid-march. I'd be down for it if you are, soulrider. I'll see if I can draft a script for a teaser by tomorrow. even though I should be doing my homework.

:thumleft:
soulrider

Thanks for the interest suneyes27. Your idea of a teaser for the book sounds like a plan :salute:
suneyes27

hey guys. i just remembered i had promised a script... well i don't have it yet. :(

i'm sorry, i've been swamped with schoolwork, projects, etc. I've been in a slump, and am now going to say I'll finish it by this time next week. i really hope nobody beats me to it, because i have a good idea of how it'll be pulled off.

i love ronald's quote and still think we should start with it:

‘A certain percentage of these people are arriving at a very critical point in history and we feel
that the time has come to try to assist them. If they will listen, we can ensure that they take the
right path. This is why you have been chosen...’

However, I want to include more visual spectacle to entice people who might otherwise not be interested. After this quote I'd like to begin with Thao's voice explaining part of the creation ("In the beginning...") and with a visualization of the big bang happening onscreen.

Now this is just a taste of what I have in store. I'd like to hear the ideas of everyone here, especially those who are cynical about the idea. The best way to make sure we don't mess this up is to be hyper-critical of everything we do. Soulrider, I'd like to know what are your limitations (if any!) are so that I don' write something you can't make. I'm getting excited for this!

\:D/
ArioK

THE PUZZLE PIECES ARE THERE. First off I am going to start transferring all the Nova CGI Big Bang DvD's (and other Educational Material from the History & Discovery Channel and Compiling it together to match the Book.) onto my Computer then Overlapping the Voice of Thaori speak about the beginning of the the Universe. Can you all help be data mine the things that we can use? NOVE PBS etc etc etc. there are a lot of great scenes that have already been made.
" All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Lord Buddha.... Think Love, Be Love.
Zio

Well, from the intro you've given us, I can only say this:

"You have been chosen" may turn off more than one from the movie. It is way overused IMO. And going straight for shoving another theory of the beginnings is the same. Or maybe they'll think it's another big bang theory movie :P

I have no idea myself of how it should begin. Maybe start like in the book? :-k
Matt

Making a documentary is probably the best route.. and going fully 3D(I'm a 3D Artist myself with over 10 years industry experience) is an absolutely terrible idea. Unless you have a big-budget studio and are able to outsource work to the hundreds of people necessary(tens of millions of dollars), you will end up with a film that looks very cheesy to today's standards. That alone would turn off just about all of our potential audience. Most of the special effects required for creating a TP documentary are easily doable with age-old camera and green screen techniques.

I'd also like to note that if you made a film rather than a documentary, the message would be taken as science-fiction rather than truth.
joao vieira

They chose a book for a reason... its personal it prompts your imagination, makes you think, makes you search...

Nobody told me about the book, thats something that inspires me everyday....

So creating flocks of followers like it happens with Zeitgeist or ProjectVenus if they are not the same is not the answer, i do not wish to offend.

The Book emphasizes individuality for a reason.