Incoherency in TP? - Asteroid colliding with Earth

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

heyhey

Incoherency in TP? - Asteroid colliding with Earth

Am I the only one that found it strange that when the Bakaratini people, while being technologically very advanced (they did immigrate to Earth from another planet and have great weapons as mentionned), did not even think about destroying the huge asteroid that was approaching Earth knowing exactly when it was going to hit??

Seriously, even humans now would probably able to do this. Yet, instead the Bakaratini people decided that some of them would float around the planet in space watching as the asteroid hits and providing aid to the ones that were left on the planet, knowing that the planet would be almost completely annihilated. It seems to me that destroying the asteroid would be so much simpler...

Also, they somehow miscalculated something and didn't even make it to space, which is very odd because the given excuse is that they wanted to stay in space for as long as possible to provide aid for as long as possible - but 10 minutes or even a few hours is insignificant compared to the 3-4 weeks they were planning to stay in space, so why wait until the last second to take off??

As soon as I read this passage, I couldn't help but to feel it was ***. Anyone else??
Aisin

Notable observation, and welcome to the forum!

We're only judging their action by what we understand about our own technology. Without understanding their technology at that time, it's not easy for us to understand the reason behind such a decision. Maybe they know something about the consequences of exploding the asteroid, that we dont?

On the other hand, the asteroid cannot be made totally disappeared by destroying it. It might break into pieces, which might make predicting its direction & location of hitting the earth even harder. They might have wanted to limit the area of impact?
Rezo

well, since they 'for a long time' no longer possessed the technology of super-light speed travel technology, they likely also may no longer have had the ability to disintegrate the asteroids w/antimatter guns. Presumably these two technologies would go together, as well together with only such technology being usable to a society that is nonviolent and sufficiently spiritually mature and strong enough not to let such technology fall into incapable or corrupted hands...now, only the ship from Thiaoouba in the book was mentioned to have antimatter guns, but Id assume any long-range space travel would need such an installment.

I only thought of 'disintegrating' an asteroid, since it seems to make more sense. Unless doing that would shift the gravity of the solar system in some drastic way, in which case a time-dilation field could be imposed on that region of space. Totally theorizing here, probably sounds a bit ridiculous. Watching a lot of Stargate lately.

To have this done for them by someone else, would be probably considered to be interference, but I'm still a bit lost on the idea of non-interference - sometimes it seems necessary to interfere, if it is to save many lives from a purely natural cataclysm, i.e., if having nothing to do w/humans behavior on the planet.
shezmear

Re: Something I found really incoherent in Thiaoouba Prophec

heyhey wrote:Am I the only one that found it strange that when the Bakaratini people, while being technologically very advanced (they did immigrate to Earth from another planet and have great weapons as mentionned), did not even think about destroying the huge asteroid that was approaching Earth knowing exactly when it was going to hit??

Seriously, even humans now would probably able to do this. Yet, instead the Bakaratini people decided that some of them would float around the planet in space watching as the asteroid hits and providing aid to the ones that were left on the planet, knowing that the planet would be almost completely annihilated. It seems to me that destroying the asteroid would be so much simpler...

Also, they somehow miscalculated something and didn't even make it to space, which is very odd because the given excuse is that they wanted to stay in space for as long as possible to provide aid for as long as possible - but 10 minutes or even a few hours is insignificant compared to the 3-4 weeks they were planning to stay in space, so why wait until the last second to take off??

As soon as I read this passage, I couldn't help but to feel it was ***. Anyone else??
Yes I completely agree, a friend of mine who I gave the book to, who is known for his intelligence in several different field’s, said he found it inconceivable that an intelligent civilization did not take into account that the asteroid would speed up, he claimed that even he would have put that into his calculations… it is odd... :-k

On the other side of the coin , I can add this from experience, sometimes, your not meant to go down a specific path for what ever reason, and mistakes or perceived mistakes are made because the out come is necessary…
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
jamen

You can´t destroy a huge asteroid, we are thinking like earthlings, the only way was changed its path with magnetic field ... but the bakaratians couldnt do that... they studied all the consecuencies that is why they tried to stay as long as they could on earth forgotten to study the consecuencies of that hurry fly.

in my opinion there is nothing incoherent...
I am sorry for my English is not my native tongue
Rezo

good point jamen.

I wonder how asteroids even become asteroids - are they all due to planets exploding, or only sometimes? Are there just sometimes pieces of floating rock in space on their own? I wont try to hide the fact that I know little about the universe, so Ill throw this out there to anyone who knows.

Just to be clear though, that part of the book didnt seem incoherent to me, either.
bomohwkl

They had regressed technologically during the long period on earth as implied by the lost of interstellar travel. Their all mightly 'weapon of mass destruction' might be non-functional as a result of lost of knowledge.
I am quite sure that they could have launched a ' star-trek tracking beam' (Thao used that to uplift Micheal from his house) to divert the asteriod at long distance or better still the use of anti-gravity device. Unfortunately, they could only manuever their inter-stellar spaceships around the earth. They have no way to attached that on the asteriod. The knowledge of space travel had been lost. Worst still, their calculations of asteriod impact was incorrect; again; implies the lost of technological and stellar knowledge.

To develop spiritually is not enough. You have to develop technologically too.
Ptah

Well you would think they could but the current thinking of our culture is to blow it up with a atomic weapon, or divert it.

The problem is atomic weapons only blow things out. Even if we mine down the astoriods centre and place one or several. it will still only blow it out, apart. Fall out will be thousands of higly radio active meteriorites and this dose not garantee that it will split up into lots of pieces.

Even trying to nudge it a little off course, we know from exploding them underground for many years the earth around them only moves a little. The oject in the book was at least 6-8km. Its not going to move several million tonnes traveling at over 50,000 km/h. Not by a long shot. And again, radioactive fall out if your wrong.
Robanan

It is clear from the text of the book that they did not have the technology to blow anything up, that was two times further than the moon.

For that meteorite to safely disappear it had to be completely disintegrated, they couldn't do that either.
Zio

That means that if an asteroid would hit Earth in 2012, we are dead too :) Think of them like us in their time. What would WE do NOW instead if we were in that situation? Not better at least...
Rezo

Re: Incoherency in TP? - Asteroid colliding with Earth

I know, 'old' thread...but....

you know I'm thinking about that now ... why 'wait' until the last little bit of time to take off?
It does seem weird to me now, esp not detecting the accelleration of it. That makes me wonder, what *exactly* were they miscalculating? oscillation of what?

Perhaps temporary evacuation to parallel universe [portal?] might have worked, so long as they had a clear way in, and clear way out, and some way of measuring passage of time. Ok, now all I need is my super-duper complicated parallel universe-ometer....
shezmear

You know Rezo, TP is a book that is written in full warning of coming disasters. To say that another way, is there is something coming and it is a book written from that space. It has no proof and really most people won’t know TP is a true story by what it predicts because by the time it happens it is to late. Or what it predicts does not happen so in that it turns out it was just a well crafted lie. As some of you know this is my greatest bane about TP.It does no bodies homework for them....

The information on the HS is actually to me the greatest proof in the book. If you you tube NDE you will find a lot of stories by people about this subject. I have been reading some work as you know about the over self and it is profound. What is hardest about TP is if you stick to it to closely, it will make you crazy because you end up swimming against society, which I don’t really plan to do anymore.It`s a sure path to driving your self mad.

:sail:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Rezo

well actually im not in any danger of losing my bearings [I don't think?], its only now and then i get close w/technical information. But I do kind of feel the way you do about it sometimes.

Oscillation of asteroids means the path they take is not easy to predict, I think it means the trajectory is like a wave, from other gravity pulls as it gets closer to earth, or after passing a large planet on its way. Our scientists today are *sort of* working on it, actually - which incidentally I found out a few days after making my last post.

Check out 'oscillation' first mentioned in the abstract here: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1993CeMDA..57...59M

interesting abstract, wish I could find the paper itself [many abstracts sound great, can't find the full text unfortunately] I can't understand much of it, but it 'sounds good'. A lot of scientific details/terminology I don't understand very well, for example I don't know what a 'fourier transform' really is, but like TP, I hope it has improved my sense of what is real. I think it has, anyway.

Here is another modern attempt to safely/accurately detect approach of asteroids, I know not its true accuracy or resolution [hasn't even been deployed yet], but here they are also...[although you'd probably want an 'inertial/gravity' driven craft to more accurately place stuff on the 'roid, would increase accuracy and reduce risk the most]. I sometimes can't shake the thought that perhaps the secrecy surrounding certain technology may prove that in fact, *someone* [or some 'secret' government] on earth, possesses it. Of course, theres something I can't really prove, either.

http://www.ok4me2.net/index.php/2008/06 ... rld-first/
http://www.b612foundation.org/papers/wpdynamics.pdf