Anonymous anonymity

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Zark

Anonymous anonymity

ok so the title is gibberish :-)

Was reading a blog today and wanted to share it with you guys. What this girl went through is a pretty good example of why I almost never use my real name on the internet :
http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_pa ... this_.html

I would suggest that users of this forum refrain from using their real name.

Peace,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zio

And also to not give out your email (remove yours on your profile if you haven't done so), your address and most definitively a picture of yourself :P

And also not to say others' name, or you will be breaking that person's privacy. :evil:

Thanks Zark for sharing that blog. :D
Essene

Oh yes there are some mindless *** out there and the thing is it only takes a few to stuff it up for everyone.

Thanks for sharing.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
ShahKorR

And also to not give out your email (remove yours on your pr

hah i cant help but feel your fear....such a shame you all really should no better....please breathe easy and see the light surrounding and penetrating you.....
When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness.

~ Bhagavad Gita
Kitty

Don't give out your real
- name
- photos
- personal email address
online. And...
- avoid meeting strangers in deserted areas
- don't download from sites you don't trust
- don't give out your passwords
- try to remain as anonymous as possible
- remind your kids to do the same when they go online

There are some crazy people out there.
You know what I'm talking about if you've ever had a Myspace or a blog. :wink:
Zio

ShahKorR wrote:hah i cant help but feel your fear....such a shame you all really should no better....please breathe easy and see the light surrounding and penetrating you.....
That is... until you get visit yourself... :P But of course, you have a point; don't be paranoiac :wink:
Eon

Well my avatar is a blurry photo with inverted colors of me.. Good luck to anyone trying to identify me by it though... :)
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
InfoSource

Eon wrote:Well my avatar is a blurry photo with inverted colors of me.. Good luck to anyone trying to identify me by it though... :)
I used a photo editing software to invert the inverted image of you, and I could identify a white person, with brown hair and glasses. I can't really use your image to find out much more than that (since it was small), but an inverted image (negative image) isn't that secure, but its also not something to worry about

I agree with the overall sentiment is this thread about keeping stuff private online, but if you do want to share information about yourself securely with friends then social networks like facebook would be a good idea

Some posters on this forum have a myspace accounts, I think myspace with the right privacy settings can be secure but I've heard a lot about sexual predators on there and weird happenings so I wouldn't recommend it
Rezo

lately my myspace is getting inundated w/junk stuff. I am seriously considering removing my account as well, since I got little if anything out of it save visiting an old friend maybe once or twice. And I could've found this out w/o myspace.