Newly joined, sharing Mt Best experience

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Essene

Newly joined, sharing Mt Best experience

I am pleased to find a forum dedicated to that great book TTOP. It is great to finally find some people who think alike and strive for the same things.

A little about myself.

I am an 18 year old male living in Sydney Australia. I was born in England but moved to Australia about 12 years ago. I am interested in anything and everything and I have an unquenchable thirst for learning. I love sport, walks, nature, books, philosophy, debates, history, music (especially classical), spirituallity and everything good in life.

I have been to visit Tom on one of his retreats for a week and I plan on doing it again soon with one of my friends. Tom truly is a one of a kind and I count that week spent on Mt best as the happiest time of my life. I've never felt healthier and certain that his lifestyle was what life should be. My thought was only amplified upon returning home on the trains going through suburbia. What a contrast it was to the lovely setting of Mt best, with it's beach, waterfalls, rainforest and countryside. Also being fresh out of school and much out of pocket Tom let me stay for free aslong as I helped him in things, this I was too eager to do as the work we did could not be considered work but a learning curve. Also a great workout :). The fact that he let me stay for free and gave me his books for free was just a testiment to his character and genuiness. Words cannot express how much I enjoyed being there and the things that I learnt were amazing!!. The people I met were amazing. Especially his good friend Willem, a dutch artist who lives nearby whom we went to to make cheese from his cows and ride his horses.

I recommend the experience to ANYONE who is interested in such a life and bettering themselves.

For those who are not convinced that the world is close to cataclysmic events the signs were everywhere at Mt best, not to mention the scientific evidence everywhere in the world. For example as we walked through the forest Tom and I noticed that the road was simply covered with seeds, Tom said he has never seen anything like it and it spooked him. He said that it was exactly what he would do if he were nature, to lay as many seeds as possible to ensure regrowth of vegetation after the coming disasters and ice age. Also the bees in his hives weren't making as much honey, instead they devoted their efforts into "fortifying" the colony by producing alot more wax. The same thing is happening to every beekeeper Tom has spoken to. His trees bloom in winter. Tom was finding news daily about disasters in the world. One being a huge hole opening up in the ground in South America and swallowing a house, this has never been seen before.

These are but a few examples as I cannot possibly describe in detail all that I learnt on that short trip but I advice anybody who can to make a similar trip.

Anyway I am trying to make plans to start a community somewhere, possibly even on Mt best and am looking for as many like minded people with the same goals as I can. I have already got a few people who will be ready to do it but I hope to meet more. I think that the people that have read, understood and are trying to apply the messages in the TP are a special kind of people and we need unite as much as possible.

I have much information to share and hopefully to learn on this forum and I look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Rob
ronald

seeds

..very interesting regarding the seeds.
Last Saturday I went to a valley and for some reason brought along seeds collected over the last year and spread them out in beautiful places feeling this might be a better place instead of my storage.
shezmear

Essene,Thank you for your openness and willingness to share...:)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

Thank you very much for sharing your experience
Zio

I wish I could go to the workshops too, but I don't have any money, I live at the other side of the planet, I am still a teen living with his parents and I have studies :)

In one of my class, we discuss about global warming. Most people say that it's not that bad, the planet is not really going to blow (aherm) and we still have lots of time. Of course I express my opinion but you know what they said :P
Essene

Yeh hehe.

I also face the same problems as you in living the teen life. I have only just completed my higher education last year and still have the pressures and expectations of what every teen should be doing on me. Drinking, partying, chasing girls, trying to get enough money for a car.......as if there isn't anything more important in life. These things are all very fun of course and you do meet ALOT of resistance from your friends when you try to discuss other things such as vegetarianism, I don't even bother with spiritualism. But yeh you get the idea.

I recently undertook a week long fast using the methods described in Tom's "Joy of perfect Health" and this meant I had to miss out on a weekend of drinking *GASP*. I can tell you my friends didn't respond well to that. But I'll tell you what I learnt, some friends only like you aslong as you fit their thought of what you should be. In this case it was a drinking buddy and these people usually don't have YOUR best interests in mind....

So yeh I can relate to how hard it is at this stage of your life where you risk all the more persecution by trying to be your own person.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
YEGNARO

Interestingly, there seems to be many teens on this forum, I myself am only sixteen. Would I be too young for the workshop?
Essene

Of course not age, is not important, what is important is understanding.

I think it will be us young people who relative to the older people who are more set in their ways and have alot more responsibilities who search for higher meanings and for some of us this search has led us to the TP.

Glad to see another teenie :)
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
monopoly

amazing

I wish I could go to mount best even more. Im on a mission to learn as well. I am very proud to see people even younger than me looking for truth and im only 20.
Lena

I'm 17, read Thiaoouba Prophecy when I was 14 and the freedom of choice when I was 15. every year I understand something more about the books.

I've always wanted to visit Tom at Mt Best! how did you arrange the visit, essence?
peace yall

Hey welcome essene.

Always nice having new blood here especially a fellow teen:)
I'm a teenager also . I'm 15 & just read prophecy. I've been meditating since then & i can finally hear the inner sound yay :D . Now to see the inner light. I want to see Tom in Mt Best but can't... :cry:
lol before reading this post i actually thought i was the only teen here.

Kinda makes sense though. In thiaooubian prophecy Thao talked something about the young people who will feel alone & will see the light I'm really not sure
Lena

peace yall wrote: Kinda makes sense though. In thiaooubian prophecy Thao talked something about the young people who will feel alone & will see the light I'm really not sure
well the journey took place before we were even born
Essene

Hey guys.

Well I arranged my visit through email correspondence with Tom, I then booked some flights which all in all cost me about 300 dollars return. From Sydney to Melbourne that is. Tom understood that as I was only a student and was only on one or two shifts a week he let me stay without paying a penny aslong as I helped him around the farm which I was more than happy to do. I do recommend the trip if you can, and at least for a week if not more. I would of loved to have spent another month or so or even indefinately but there was some inner feeling that I was not meant to stay there indefinately and cut off ties to society, so my lifes journey has led me here in Wales and I can say I have learnt quite a lot.

peace yall

peace yall wrote:
Kinda makes sense though. In thiaooubian prophecy Thao talked something about the young people who will feel alone & will see the light I'm really not sure
While reading the book i cam across the correct passage in which Thao says
‘The young generation of whom I have just spoken, are rising up on your planet
and realising, little by little,
the truth of many of the things I have been talking
about. But they must learn to look inside themselves for their answers. They
should not wait for help to come to them from elsewhere, or they will be
disappointed.’
ivan4iai

Re: Newly joined, sharing Mt Best experience

Hey, I'm just 16 years old, I read the books Thiaoouba Prophecy and The Freedom of Choice. They thought me a lot and they contributed a lot to my personal spiritual development.

I'm posting this to let you know there's another teenie out there in search truth, because I almost never post anything in here.(sorry for that)

I would also like to go visit Tom one day, I'm pretty sure it would be quite a unique experience.

P.S. Love the forum's new look, you did a great job.