Deleting Private Messages

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Did you ever came accross an e-mail notification of "New Private Message Arrived" and when you went to see your PM there was no new message?

yes
33%
no
67%
not sure
No votes

Total votes: 9

ptex

Deleting Private Messages

Dear friends,

I noticed this several times and I think it's very important for you all to know that: whenever you delete a private message either from the Sentbox, Outbox, Inbox or Savebox the message is deleted and if the recipient of the message didn't read it he/she won't be able to do it after the message is deleted.

This explains why sometimes, when the "Notify on new Private Message" is set to "On" - on the user profile, we receive an e-mail notification that there's a new private message on the forum and when we go there to see it there's actually no new message.

Let me know if you ever noticed what I refer above and if this was helpful (please vote above) or if you have any questions.

Enjoy your days ;)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth