New forum version

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

New forum version

Dear friends,

Here's a little surprise for you: a new forum version.
You'll notice that there are plenty of new and exciting features for you to explore and enhance your forum experience.

Ah, and Private Messaging is back online.

Enjoy the new forum and please leave your comments if you notice something missing or unusual or whatever else you feel like sharing 8)
Robanan

Re: New forum version

Great, It will take time getting used to, as visually many things have changed, one thing I noticed is that you can now see the post first, prior to the avatar o the person. Quotes are better visible also.

I like it very much, thanks ptex and the board.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
SpaceBoy

Love the upgrade guys, really nice!
Rezo

lookin good 8)
Leo

What the...??? I leave you guys unsupervised for 2 months and this is what I come back to???? A new forum design???? Sheesh!!!!!

Nah seriously, I love it. Good work, forum needed an update. Looks good. :applause:

Now that my relationship problems (ie my materialistic ex-wife) are a thing of the past I can get back to what I SHOULD be doing...

Keep up the good work :D
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
ptex

Thanks for your comments my friends.

I'm wondering if t here have been any problems with the new forum.
For 3 days in a row that we have no posts here and I'm wondering why?

I have tested an re-tested the forum and it's working well on this side.

If you find anything not working, or have any suggestion please contact me through PM or e-mail to: adminitisbadtospamgoldenplanetforumdotcom (substitute the itisbadtospam by "@" and dot by ".")
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ptex

List of new Forum features

You've seen that we have a new forum version and design and although you've heard mentioning new features, you're probably not aware of what these new features are. Let me list just a few for you, you'll see what I mean that your forum experience will never be the same :-)

Features then include:

RSS feeds - for all those members fond of the now extinct "forum digest" you can have almost the same functionality.

This is a non-standard feature but we know that many members liked the digest and we were looking forward to implementing something similar.
With the RSS feeds you can now have almost the same functionality. Please refer to the small manual regarding RSS and how to use them to further clear this subject. Here's a small RSS usage how to: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1132

Other user forum features include:

Basic Features: User Preferences, Page Preferences, Avatar, and Signature, Complete Modularised Control Panel, Private Message System, Statistics

Posting: Topic Display Method, BBCode, Custom BBCode Buttons, Smilies/Emoticons, Quoting, Nested Quoting, Nested, Configurable maximum nested depth, Quote Multiple Posts, Multiple post quoting through Topic Review, Formatting Toolbar, Syntax Highlighting, Post Drafts, Polls, Multiple Poll Option Voting, Beaten-to-Posting Review, Posting Preview

Search System: Fulltext Native, Customised Topic Search, Customised Forum Search, Author Search, Advanced Search, Unread Topics, Active Topics, Posts Since Last Visit

Forums: Categories, Forum Specific Styles, URL Link Redirect Forums, Subforums, Unlimited Nested Levels, Last Post, Display Active Topics, Subscribe to Forums, E-mail, Jabber/XMPP Notifications, Subscribe to Topics, Bookmark Topics, Topic Sorting: Sort by Author, Selectable Post Time, Replies, Subject and Views in descending or ascending order, Post Sorting, Sort by Author, Selectable Post Time, and Subject in descending or ascending order, Print Topics, E-mail Topics, E-mail Topic to friend with Language choice

User Control Panel: User Signatures, User Avatars, User Ranks, Users Online List, User Preferences, User Profile Settings, Manage Saved PM/Post Drafts, Manage Bookmarks, Manage Subscribed Topics, Custom Profile Fields, Friends/Foe List

Private Messaging: Additional PM Folders, Customisable PM Filter Rules, Send to Multiple Recipients, Groups and/or Users, Send Blind Carbon Copies, Send to Groups, Forward Messages, Address Book, Using Friends list, Message Drafts, Export Messages, Attachments for Messages, Conversation View, Custom Message Handling Rules

Notifications: E-mail, Instant Messaging, Bookmarks

Localization: Support for Multiple Language Packs, Languages 61+, Right to Left Support