Solution for posts lost after login timeout

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Solution for posts lost after login timeout

Dear forum user, did it ever happen to you that after extensively typing a post for a couple of hours, when you hit the "Submit" or "Preview" button the session timed-out and you need to login again, thus loosing everything you so carefully typed before?

If you're like me it already happened a couple of times and you know how frustrating such an occurrence is!

I have two (literally) life saving tips for you then:
  1. When logging in to the forum, select the box "Log me on automatically each visit". If you do this you'll have 24 hours to create a new post until the next automatic logoff. Without this option your login timeout is 1 hour...
  2. The second is to use firefox (if you don't have it already you can get it here) as your browser and install the following extension: AutoSaveTextToCookie
The second tip works for ALL other sites and not only Golden Planet Forum ;-)

Good luck with everything :thumright: ! Please report your experiences and difficulties here. I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

Re: Solution for posts lost after login timeout

Normally, I'm a cut-and-paste neurotic when I type!

But, sometimes I forget - so far, not here. just lucky I guess.
Robanan

Re: Solution for posts lost after login timeout

Thanks ptex!
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.