As a Serious Forum, Let Us Bid Farewell to Post Counts!

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Vesko Peev wrote:Without ratings each person will be able to form his own opinion without having to assume anything to influence this opinion!
Although what you say seems very logical, I still don't agree with it. Not every internet user is able to recognize what is a good post and what is not. Simply because not everyone has the intelligence to seperate the good posts from the bad ones. So everyone might be able to form a opinion about another user, but the question is, is that a correct opinion?? And, does it really matter if it is the correct opinion??

We could go on with twisting and turning forever, but I prefer not to. In the end a good forum is not based on good rules, but on good people occupying it. Let us be just that, post counts or no post counts.
Don't read my signature.
Kestrel

We can't really be responsible for other posters then ourselfs. There is at a point when we must simply be responsible for ourselfs. If they cannot consider these things for themselfs, we can only assit them, we can't think for them so ya know :roll:
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
VeskoP

With counters / rankings, a visitor will ask themselves if a person is really what the numbers say, and will have to go check the posts anyway, if they can. If they doesn't have the judgement to discern good posts from bad posts, they are also going to lack the judgement to discern between an abused counter / ranking and a real one. There's no way the numbers can help them to form their own educated opinion (uneducated, yes), so this cannot be the reason to have the numbers.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Alisima

Vesko Peev wrote:With counters / rankings, a visitor will ask themselves if a person is really what the numbers say, and will have to go check the posts anyway, if they can. If they doesn't have the judgement to discern good posts from bad posts, they are also going to lack the judgement to discern between an abused counter / ranking and a real one. There's no way the numbers can help them to form their own educated opinion (uneducated, yes), so this cannot be the reason to have the numbers.
You are correct, but what I was trying to say: it also cannot be the reason for not having the numbers.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Agreed.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

Re: As a Serious Forum, Let Us Bid Farewell to Post Counts!

Vesko Peev wrote:Hello!

We are a serious forum about a serious subject, so in an effort to attract mature participants and show that quality, not quantity matters, I have done away with all member post counts displayed.

After all, what does the individual amount of posts mean? That the person is more active or better? Surely no, since a person with even a single post can say more truth and useful things than all the posts combined.

I hope you agree and find this a positive development in the order of things.

Best regards,
Vesko
Another good move to increase the quality of the forum 8)
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.