New browser icon for the site

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

VeskoP

New browser icon for the site

It's a simple yellow digit nine with nine angles on a blue background (made by me). If you don't like it and have an alternative, please tell us.

Does anyone have the new icon displayed with Internet Explorer? I'm sure I have done everything correctly, but can't get it to appear in this browser. I've read that it may not show unless all existing bookmarks to the site are deleted and the browser cache is cleared. I seem to have done that, but no luck.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Frozn

I'm not sure about internet explorer, but I see it just fine in Firefox. I'll check IE in just a second...

:? hrmmmm, I don't see it in IE either, and I don't feel like clearing the chache and all that today. I'm guessing the icon will display properly for all new visitors. The fact that I see it in Firefox tells me youve got it set properly.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
ptex

I confirm that under IE (even with clearing the cache) the icon doesn't show at all.
Under Opera and Firefox the icon shows without any problem :)
Vesko

Under Konqueror (another major browser; used under free operating systems) it shows up as well.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

The big mystery is why http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/index.htm, a single static page existing independently from the forum software, doesn't show up the icon under Internet Explorer, either.

You can verify that the icon displays correctly if loaded directly:
http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/favicon.ico

You also see that the abovementioned web page contains

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

in the header section of its HTML code. This is not mandatory, but ensures the best compatibility with various browsers.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?