How to Establish a Spiritual Civilisation?

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

Kaiser

Re: How to Establish a Spiritual Civilisation?

we need to start something, if it hasent already been started. i would gladely work for free, as long as i can be proud and enjoy what i am doing. i want to help.
Aisin

Dear old friends and new members,

It's been a while, but I'm back whenever I have something to say. :D

I just realized what Findhorn is, it's not too late to share this now. Check out http://www.findhorn.com/, a spiritual community that has been around for 49 years!

I'm not the first to mention Findhorn on this forum though, it had been brought up by a guest on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:19 pm right here in this topic, but without a hyperlink or elaboration.
Guest wrote: ... another Findhorn if you will.
Most exciting... will keep you informed as the dream progress to reality...
I wonder how this guest and friends are faring after 7 years.
Bathin

Surely if I can get my hands on such community, I would try my best in helping to build it and at the same time, truly living life without monetary agenda.
avelino

I believe in the last chapter of TP Michel suggests starting a communal farm with friends. This is something that could start small but could grow to something bigger naturally or intentionally depending what the group's goals are. Maybe even just a handful of people could start something.

Has anyone here heard of WWOOF-World Wide Opportunities On Organic Farms? One, two or more individuals could volunteer on already established organic farms through the WWOOF program before starting their own farm to learn about growing healthy food, permaculture, aquaponics, sustainability, etc. -This way one could learn the neccessary tools to live in a self sufficient manner. Also, the experience could help one decide if the communal farm life is right for him/her without making any major commitments.

I have never tried to "wwoof" yet but I am registered on the Hawaii and USA WWOOFing sites and browse through the host farm profiles from time to time. A wwoofer basically works on an organic farm in exchange for food, accomodation, and experience. Here is the link for more info: http://www.wwoof.org/
Rezo

Yes Ive heard of wwoof ive not tried it. at least, not yet...

so far ive done gardening by trial and error in my backyard, pretty much on my own. growing various vegees and fruits with mostly success, but after a few back injuries overworking myself, i figure working land cooperatively is better option. i prefer to try learning locally as its easier and more accessible to me. another cool phenomenon is the 'earthship'. i really like this design.
Sandman

There are a few communities where money is not needed and that promote a sustainable approach to life.
Did anyone search for communities like these? It would be interesting to have an overview of which ones actually exist. This is because starting a community from scratch, although is the right way to make sure all have the same ideology, is quite difficult!
Rezo

ubuntu village in south africa [forming], is most interesting to me at this time, in the sense of connection to ancient past and also looking toward future, the acknowledgement of importance of free energy, seeking out people with skills and responsibility, but also the awareness of many of the problems that money systems create. There are several possible areas of book content-related ontological points of departure here; but, as also is pointed out, it is vital that we forget our differences . . . this is probably one of humanity's largest challenges, I think. If not the largest.

http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/2013/10/u ... ramme.html

At one point, I considered to go down to Vilcabamba, where sacred sueños is located. It seems like a nice place also. [But looks *very* challenging]

http://sacredsuenos.wordpress.com/

there may be other places, I dont know. these are the ones i think share these principles best..granted everyone thinks differently. heres a good article i just found regarding 'consensus vs non-consensus decisions' in an eco village, to keep in mind:

http://www.ecovillagenewsletter.org/wik ... es,_Part_I