How to Establish a Spiritual Civilisation?

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

How to Establish a Spiritual Civilisation?

O.K. We all feel the need to change the current working system. We can done that by inspiring people to think and most importantly by exemplifying ourselves. We can also go futher to show the world that a progressive spiritual society can exist without using money.
The first thing is to get a LAND where like-mind people all over the world can come to build the community without being imposed with immigration rules. I am not a lawyer but if anyone of you here have slightest ideas how to get a land free of charge and create our own self-governed community it is very welcome. The land issue is the first hurdle we need to solve. And this is the most important one.
Secondly, we need to define principles of new cilivisations.
Thirdly, we need to protect ourselves from welcoming destructive people from outside who just want to take advantage of our system without cultivating themselves.

Man exists physically for the sole purpose of developing spiritually as the Great Thora mentioned.

How can we create a small society that encourages and accelarates the spiritual development and understanding our role in nature?

Since the universe is governed by universal laws, hence, universal laws should apply within the society. There are several systems in our current society that directly sobatage the universal laws. And therefore, this community should be establish where such sobataging is removed.
Principles of new civilization are

1. Universal laws apply.

2. The leader is elected on his/her spiritual maturity. The extend of yellow and preferrably golden halo around his/her head is used as a measure of selection. He/she would be the spiritual leader. The leader is assisted by six ministers. (The role of the 6 ministers are needed to be defined.)

3. Every person is given a role to maintain within the society. The role is selected depending the person's skills, capacity and the willingness to take the role to further develop him/herself. Such role should be able to derive enjoyment for the person involved in the duty.

4. Recycling is practised. Natural environment is preserved.

5. Education is based on mutual learning and self-verification.

6. Commercial activities are based on barter system.

7...more

We can discuss and discuss, but we need to take some actions and the most importantly to find a FERTILE land. Anyone who wish to remain and stay in the land is required to acknowledge certain important observations. Violations on the observations will be dealt by one of the ministers. This is not a complete list and discussion is welcome!!
I think we should limit to 10 principles as foundation of the new community with chronological importance.
Vesko

Great, bomo!

I have something to add right away:

0. Obtain a proficient level in meditation and concentration.

Let's do it!

I propose #1 reference: "Meditation and Its Practice" by Swami Rama.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of positive discussion here.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

It sounds like educational skills. Mediatation and concentration are just a tool and it cannot be used as a principle of new civilization...oppsss...
Vesko

But I think they have to be mentioned explicitly somehow in those principles, Bomo. It wouldn't be an overstatement to say that people regress because they don't do it. Those two practices give you a sharper mind to notice the subtleties of reality and solve your problems. They are satisfying essential human needs.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Each individual must be their on their own accord.

So there for how dose one establish a inscentive for individuals with motives of spiritual development and co-exsistance peacefully.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
guest annasolo

Hi, I'm waiting for confirmation but love the idea of this idea of

guest annasolo wrote:Hi, I'm waiting for confirmation but love the idea of a communities forum.
Am currently involved with a group interested in setting up a community just like this, working with St. Germain and other ascended masters.

The message with this community is a range of different spiritual and religious backgrounds work together in harmony, that there is enough land to have people of different beliefs working on their own projects in harmony and for the educational of all that come there.

ie Aborigional eco-practices working alongside Perilandra garden in fairly close proximity, another Findhorn if you will.

Most exciting... will keep you informed as the dream progress to reality...
VeskoP

Hi, Anna Solo. Your post above is incomplete, edit it to correct it.

Solo? Is that Solovieva?
Playto

You guys manage in making any progress with this?
First, let the body of thee be still,
Bound by the cerements of will,
Corpse-rigid; thus thou mayst abort
The fidget-babes that tease the thought.
Lena

depending on how many people there are, it might be a good idea to have meals together in one big building, like how summer camps run. that way if any important announcements need to be made to the community they can do that while everyone is in one place and listening. certain people can be assigned jobs as cooks and waiters who set the tables before each meal and clean up afterwards.
Essene

* Note: The following 5 posts (including this one) have been moved here from <Chalko: 'Most people on Earth will die well before 2012'> in "Natural Environment and Ecology" sub-forum *

I personally think as someone mentioned before is that most people don't want the Earth to go down the *** but it's just like a person who protests against killing a baby sheep but is quite partial to her veal.

People need to change their mind set thats all.

I think it would be great if we enough of us could band togethor and start a sizeable community somewhere using totally self sufficient means. Following the example of Tom Chalko we could have all the conveniences of modern life, e.g electricity but have them from a free source, such as solar panels and the like.

When people would see a sizeable group of people leading a happy, healthier life which doesn't act against nature but with it and still manage to have many conveniences with some light adaptations people would realise its not so bad.

The problem is that the problem facing ordinary people seems so huge to tackle on their own that if nobody else is doing it they think "why should I do without when it won't make any difference anyway.

What we need is example.

Also has anybody seen the movie "peak oil". This is an inspirational documentary of a whole country "Cuba" adapting to life after oil. It really is amazing how they pulled through when any other country with a different mind set would of collapsed. They had an embargo placed upon them by America who expected them to buckle and come crawling to America for help but they turned it around and are now living quite an environmentally friendly life style. For example 80 percent of their food is now grown organically.

When a similar disaster happens, say in America from hurricane Katrina people are found killing each other over a bottle of water. I think it helped that Cuba was a
"poor" country to begin with and nobody thought it was their birth right to live like kings from the expense of the planet.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Zio

Essene wrote:I think it would be great if we enough of us could band togethor and start a sizeable community somewhere using totally self sufficient means. Following the example of Tom Chalko we could have all the conveniences of modern life, e.g electricity but have them from a free source, such as solar panels and the like.

When people would see a sizeable group of people leading a happy, healthier life which doesn't act against nature but with it and still manage to have many conveniences with some light adaptations people would realise its not so bad.

What we need is example.
What does an example serve if no one looks at it? "Normal" people such as me should of known a lot of place where people are living naturally and are self-sufficient, but I only know Tom's Mt.Best place. And we don't have enough place to have a restricted number of person per square mile. Most people can't because of their job, studies and whatever reason. If you would ask anyone here, it's the same thing. For example, I can't just leave my family and go live with a bunch of people my parents don't know about. They will ask questions for sure :P But I mean for older people (like Tom (*cough*)), who are more independant of the civilisation, yes, it would be possible.

For a N.B, I always wanted that too; always thought of being in the nature far from civilisation and working with people who has the same basic knowledge of TP or others. :)
Essene

It is idealistic and would mean alot of sacrifices for all involved but it is not by any means impossible.

The larger group we had the quicker it would attract the attention of things like the media. We would probably be ridiculed and harrassed but if we stuck it out we would show them it is possible.

Obviously I would of loved to do this in my retirement years when I had no responsibilities but it doesn't look I'm going to get the chance to live that long.....
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Rezo

I'm down for it but, where should it be? Should there be only one, or many?

Certainly, spiritually-focused self-sufficient communities have quite a stigma after all the cults and such in decades past. And believe it or not there are different theories on what happened to those people.

Spirituality in such a venue must become something organic, and not something prominently displayed. Remember one must also have freedom from religion, more specifically from spiritually limiting and morally contradictory doctrine, as well. Religion is simply an organized public format in which to align with the values of higher spiritual reality, through symbolic ritual and belief, and stories for life lessons based on the former.

Now speaking just to economics, Ive done some reading on ideas like 'gift economy' and towns being aligned in 'rings' borrowed in a way from the caste system layout of a village, and not in a tiered format where only some people have the rights, as it seems to me this system is like. Did it at one point in history have more safe/noble [not symbolic for the sake of symbols] roots?
Essene

I think that such a community would have to based on some underlying values and precepts.

1. Everything possible is done to live rather with nature than against it. Green energy and self sufficientness etc etc

2. Everybody has access to the basics, food, shelter, clothing. Alls we would need would be one person who is skilled in making clothes and we could live as minimally as possible. I think the RAL homes that Tom has would be great. Very cheap, like 20 000 dollars and are very comfortable and eco friendly. It really is surprising how long good quality clothes can last aslong as you goal is purpose rather than buying new clothes every week to impress people.

3. The acknowledgment of a higher being (God) and spirit. Also reincarnation. It would be great if all the people had read TP and followed the guidelines presented by Thao. I don't think it would be wise to put any sort of doctrine in place but make the underlying rules as simple and as few as possible.

4. No excessive loud noise or drugs for obvious reasons. The fact that none of us would take drugs would definately help in our overall image and dispel any notion of drug taking hippies.

5. A desire to live for one another and exchanging services hence eliminating the need for any money system.

6. Vegetarianism.

7. Aiming to progress spiritually, although people are free to choose at what rate they advance without having strict rules on it.

8. Basically the community will be like a big personal development site.

These are just off the top of my head but I'm sure people could add more. I also think that the people who had taken the step of moving to this community are already half way there in regards to having the right mind set.

Also with more people we could actually form some way of offering services to the outside communities such as corporative in some eco friendly business or something even if it makes just enough money to keep the place going.

I have been giving some thought on possible places. First if our goal is surviving the disasters it would have to be elevated (above 350 m), in a geographical stable place as possible. I think it would be perfect if we could buy land on Mt best and connect ourselves with Tom and his friend Willem. Also it was Tom's higher self which showed him that this was where he should be and Australia being relatively stable this might mean it is a good area in which to survive disasters. Also Australia being so large and relatively obscure would not face the problem of nuclear weapons if that were to happen.

With enough people pooling their money and assets this should not be a problem. Although I have noted that there are whole stone villages abandoned in spain because people just moved to the city and these villages could be bought for next to nothing as nobody lives there and if we had enough people could get a whole little village type thing going.

I know I've said this before but I've never felt happier, healthier or more relaxed than when I was at Mt best. Of course you still had to work around the farm but this could range from a minimum of 30 minutes a day in the vege garden to 2-3 hrs fixing fences. But all of these activities had a great deal of satsifaction which went with him, especially when your eating food that you've grown, they also had the added benefit of providing a great workout at the same time :).

I think people living in this community would have an overall happier life than people living under huge debt and a materialistic society in the city. Also this sort of lifestyle has been my goal all my life, even if disaster wasn't imminent I would aim for this. I already have a few people who have said they would be down for it and would pool their resources.

This is indeed a mighty castle in the sky, we just have to build the foundations :wink:

Perhaps we should get a more in depth discussion started in the appropiate section.