How to Get a Land or an Island??

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

How to Get a Land or an Island??

The first thing is to get a LAND where like-mind people all over the world can come to build the community without being imposed with immigration rules. I am not a lawyer but if anyone of you here have slightest ideas how to get a land free of charge and create our own self-governed community it is very welcome. The land issue is the first hurdle we need to solve. And this is the most important one.
TomJansen

Maybe New Hampshire will be our land to start with.
There is a project, the Free State Project, and I think it's exactly what we're looking for.
Some people already actually made the move to The Free State.

http://www.freestateproject.org/
Aisin

tomjansen, thank you for the link, that's interesting. but that's not "exactly what we're looking for". we're not looking for a place where 'the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property'; and we're not pro-liberty activists.

most individuals inspired by the book strive to attain spiritual progress, for oneself, and to motivate or assist other individuals on the way. this idea just occured to me: looking for a piece of land to exercise the ideal community may not be on the top of our priority yet , although that's something desirable.
TomJansen

Yes you're right Aisin. Initially I didn't see that difference.

Because the greatest problem we have is the monetary system, I thought that, if that free state would become a state without monetary system, that would be "exactly what we're looking for". Then we could develop our spirituality and inspire others.
But now I see the free state project doesn't mention anything about this.

It however does show how in America it is possible to "get a land where we can come without being imposed with immigration rules". We need many people.
Robanan

I find it hard to trust any country regarding such issues, as the ones mentioned on this thread, I guess that I'm saying that laws cannot be trusted since they don't really protect people.

If we ever make it up to creating a community, I don't think that it will be to the likings of the government, as we would gain popularity and our community would grow quickly.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Aisin

tomjansen wrote:It however does show how in America it is possible to "get a land where we can come without being imposed with immigration rules". We need many people.
I'm not sure what u refer to by 'without being imposed with immigration rules'. if that meant non-USA-citizen or PR are welcome, i don't think so. sounds too good to be true. Moreover, check out the following paragraph copied from the website, it seems to target a readership of Americans, instead of all Earthlings.
Free State Project wrote:There's no better place for freedom-loving Americans than New Hampshire... New Hampshire was the state chosen by signed FSP participants in a vote that took place in August and September 2003. It was chosen because it has the lowest state and local tax burden in the continental U.S., the second-lowest level of dependence on federal spending in the U.S., a citizen legislature where state house representatives have not raised their $100 per year salary since 1889, the lowest crime levels in the U.S., a dynamic economy with plenty of jobs and investment, and a culture of individual responsibility indicated by, for example, a lack of seatbelt and helmet requirements for adults.
I kind of agree with you guys on the point that how hard it is to establish the 'ideal community'... a quick browse around this sub-forum 'True Civilization: How to Establish a Spiritual Civilization' reveals that not many constructive ideas have come forward. Let alone constructive actions.

we have a few options actually IMHO:
1) to continue in finding a piece of land (that's a big challenge, since nationality / immigration issues need to be resolved, as we may have interested individuals from any country), and proceed in the direction of this sub-forum. And be reminded not to end up like the movie 'The Beach' (pls refer to discussion in 'Trade and Barter System?')

2) to remain where we are physically, to make people think, and gather sufficient mass to initiate a change whereever we are, just like what Arki's people from Planet X had done.

3) still thinking... constructive suggestions are welcome...

Aisin
bomohwkl

I think it would be somewhere in Europe. The expansion of Europe to include several countries is a good start. In Europe, you can move from one country to another without your passport being checked (of course it is different in UK). If I want to set up one, it will certainly be in Europe. At least, it seems that there are numberous people from Europe here. Don't think I am able to do it alone.
Zark

Yeah there are so many tiny little islands that one could set up in. Perhaps start with a smal island get some dredging equipment and make it a little bigger 8). Nahh, the soil would not be fertile that way and you'd have to live on fish, coconut and seaweed. AND, if their was any kind of apocalyptic stuff happening you'd be washed away in an instant.

So then a mountainous area perhaps. Would be great to setup something in Australia, but don't ask me to move down to Mt. Best .. melbourne is too cold for my blood :P. Queensland, NT, or northern New South Wales are more my thing.

South America should have cheap land and plenty of mountains, and these should be the safest place during tsunami, floods and nuclear war, right?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
DavidCrow

I don't think South America or anywhere near the "ring of fire" would be a good idea.
Bastian

DavidCrow wrote:I don't think South America or anywhere near the "ring of fire" would be a good idea.
Is all of south america so volatile with seismic activity? Honestly, I wouldn't know.. Need to get some good maps of the plate tectonics, and earthquake hotspots..
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

tomjansen wrote: Some people already actually made the move to The Free State.

http://www.freestateproject.org/
tomjansen, thank you very much for the link. Aisin, is correct that their priorities are different from ours. However their project could still be useful for us to look at as an example and compare / contrast how we think things could be better run.

The high priority they place on the protection of property is one that truly reflects a materialistic culture - where the goal of ones life is to amass as much property as they can.

Whilst for us I would imagine it more suiting to have a communal atmosphere where property ownership is transferred to the community as a whole. Where people strive for spiritual growth first and perhaps some will choose to give up ALL property except for the clothes on their back and the shoes on their feet.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Aisin

Hi Bastian, I agree with you, except for this sentence:
Bastian wrote:Whilst for us I would imagine it more suiting to have a communal atmosphere where property ownership is transferred to the community as a whole.
Property ownership should not be transferred to the community. Like you said, when people are ready to give up of their material possession, they're free to do so. but people should be allowed the free will to keep their material possession even in the start, or along the process. giving things up & allowing other people to use it is different from 'transferring ownership to the community'.

Moreover, material possession is not always equal to greed, it may be a technology that a researcher is developing, with the objective to assist in people's spiritual growth. Hence he needs to keep his lab well secured, (eg: so that children would not accidentally pick the place as a playground & accidentally hurt themselves or destroy the equipment). To me, it's the intention & objective of how you use your material possession that matters, more than how much or what u possess.
Bastian

community property

aisin wrote:Property ownership should not be transferred to the community. Like you said, when people are ready to give up of their material possession, they're free to do so.
Hi aisin,
Yes, I had not meant that all property should be automatically transferred to community property - I certainly chose my wording incorrectly there. Of course people should have the freedom to choose what they wish to share with the community :-). What I was trying to say is that in a 'communal' atmosphere people would be able to share food, equipment, land, etc. more readily rather than hoarding everything to themselves.

I myself would like to relieve myself of some of my 'property' as they are like a burden to my soul. "Take only what you need" is a very basic spiritual lesson that we all have to learn.. including the Jewish people way back when they were given manna in the desert.

The Australian Aborigines did not require much 'private property' in order to live their daily lives. The land they lived on belonged to their tribe and their family:
from: http://www.pilotguides.com/destination_ ... igines.php
Though having no notions of private property in the European sense, the native Australians were in fact fiercely territorial, dependent upon their ancestral land for both physical and psychic survival.
Last edited by Bastian on Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bastian

private property / private ownership / materialism

aisin wrote:Moreover, material possession is not always equal to greed, it may be a technology that a researcher is developing, with the objective to assist in people's spiritual growth. Hence he needs to keep his lab well secured, (eg: so that children would not accidentally pick the place as a playground & accidentally hurt themselves or destroy the equipment). To me, it's the intention & objective of how you use your material possession that matters, more than how much or what u possess.
In such a case the researcher need only be the caretaker / custodian of the lab in question. Securing the lab from those who would not take proper precautions does not require ownership. In fact one can argue that our entire notion of 'property' is ridiculous since all matter and all energy come from The Spirit and ultimately belong to The Spirit. Everything I consider 'mine' is really 'his'.. including: bed, clothes, physical body, car, etc. All these things are on loan.

It has been a while since I read the Bhagavad Gita, but if memory serves me it said something like "The only thing you have a right to is your actions".
Lena

I was thinking New Zealand might be a nice place to settle. if you've ever watched lord of the rings, you know they have a lot of beatiful land there the government may be willing to let us use. the only problem might be immigration and travel issues, since its an island...