Partners

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

ronald

Evolved partners

p. 162
two partners who must not only love one another, but also have a
spiritual affinity between them.
These conditions are mentioned specifically:
1. love
2. spiritual affinity

I think one-self would thus try to learn first how to create these conditions.
teradactyl

Re: Partners

off topic but....i'd like to thank dope for helping me open my awareness....and i thank it on a daily basis..
:study:
Om Mani Padme Om
ronald

:scratch: dope as in drugs?
(sorry, I don't understand what you like to thank)
joao vieira

thao said. "They goto the forest but dont see the trees".

being a man, i see a lot of pretty women with whom i would gladly makeout (im portuguese so forgive any mistake please :)) , however i havent yet met my true love quite frankly somtimes i think it is train that has already passed, it is also a fact that i havent met that one girl that is like me, this is "missing the trees" however the forest anyone can see it...

my view is that sex should be with someone we love because of feelings exchange, sex with "strangers" is inconsequent and produces no feeling exchange no self analyzes and thus no relevant learning.

Im not advocating that occasional sex is a bad thing, it is all about choices and consequences ( cause effect ) and to me it seems the most logical approach at the light of the "Bigger" Picture".
ronald

My experience is as follows:

I first LEARNED to love. (learning wasn't a pleasant thing in the beginning)
Only after that I could see the trees.
But before I could really see the trees, I learned seeing one tree, completely!

Hence, it is not the number of trees in the forest you have, but the number of trees you can see.

I have often noticed there are people who don't understand love is a matter of learning. It is easy to discover such are still playing on the level of ego, a state were you can experience yourself more than others. They go to the forest but don't see the trees. They cut down the forest and wonder when either trees actually existed in the first place. Then they virtualize their trees ;)

I feel blessed that I can consciously understand the number of loves and each ones role, it is a true interconnectedness and beyond words form of communication, ever growing in the silent space of my deeper being.

At the same time, It's also a great test in loneliness.

Out of these experiences true partnership arose.
Only after having experienced partnership (love, spiritual affinity, marriage, kids, ..etc. etc.) the sexual act matured in to what it supposed to be. Far more pure and enjoyable, contributing a lot to total well being.
joao vieira

I have to agree, it makes a lot of sense to learn first and practice after.
ProjectEarth

My interpretation of 'they go to the forest, but don't see the trees' is quite simple. I think it means that 99.9% of people on Earth have sex in order to orgasm. They don't have sex in order to have sex - i.e. experience connecting with another human being in the deepest way possible.
www.operationearth.co.uk
our-space.net - THE Intentional Community Social Networking Site
ronald

Yes. And so it becomes a task of the more evolved partner to bring the other up in that level. A serious life task..