Women?

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Lachie

Women?

Interesting thought I just had. Most of the people here are men. I've only met one or two men in my life who were spiritually inclined (not religiously inclined) but have met many women who do yoga, are veggetarian, etc.

I don't mean to be sexist, but it is fascinating how most women are better cooks than men, but the best chefs are men. Maybe that rule applies here? Maybe thats the way society has bred men and women to act?

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Vesko

To tell you frankly I am afraid to voice my opinion on this topic, for fear of being prosecuted when the female angels "appear unto the oaks of Mamre" as it is written in the Book and the Bible (the other the Book), uh, here I mean. 8-[
But I cry: WHERE ARE THE GIRLS??????????????????????????????????????????????
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

hahahahaha...because our society has conditioned women to be less logical capable than men. Just look at the field of physics and mathematics, you will notice. That's cold science Don you think that there is a sense of 'coldness' in freedom of choice.
Vesko

I agree very much with you, bomohwkl. It's all about conditioning. Kestrel has already said here that intelligence has no bearing on gender. But in practice it has, because the mind can suffer much from conditioning even within a single lifetime.
I DO THINK that there is a sense of perceived coldness in Tom's book that simply scares women. Women are conditioned that they do not excel in logical operations. Tom's book is very logical, so it is perceived as cold. Similar to the nature of perceived "cold" math, physics or programming, it CONTRASTS with the conditioning of our so-called society and makes them flee. It's not that math or anything is cold, it's just that women are conditioned to think it is. Now, many women may object that they have excelled in math in high school and even undergraduate school, or, as not to tie this to institutionalized education, in their life up to starting the practice of their chosen profession. I say many of the women, I don't refer to the few exceptions. But in line with what bomohwkl said, do we have many women who are practicing professional higher mathematics, advanced physics or any other such profession at the edge of current knowledge of mankind? The answer is negative. Is it because women are less intelligent by default? The answer is negative. :)

That said, I don't think I've ever liked my female math teachers or even my male ones. I think that doing only mathematics all your life has a terrible effect on your mind. Unless you combine it with other arts and sciences, you are lost because your brain develops one-sidedly, it actually degrades and that gradually becomes evident, in my opinion :). IMPORTANT NOTE TO PREVENT SOMEONE FALLING FROM THEIR CHAIR: I'm not criticising the profession, I am criticising what people from such profession actually do to extremes. You may be a great mathematician and because of your profession spend a lot of your time doing only mathematics, but you cannot be a great human being doing only mathematics in the form of pure mathematics during all the time of your life. There's mathematics in literature, too, and you have to learn it if you want to develop your imagination and emotions to be a complete human being :). That in turn would, amazingly, improve your main profession in this case -- mathematics.
I would critique my literature teachers in an analogous way -- do real math to see what is logic in its purest, strictest form, or you are doomed to be forever stuck in the prison of creative undecidability and stay half-human. You can help your literature through mathematics, too. I'm sure deep in your heart you know what I mean, if you are listening at all :).

Any girl or woman reading this: re-read the above words if you think that I am disrespectful towards you. That could not be farther from the truth, I am actually holding you in deep reverence as an equally capable human being.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

I have informed a young woman about this forum. I met her at Tom Chalkos place whilst attending a retreat. She seemed to take a keen interest in Thiaoouba subjects.

Fingers crossed she will contribute.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

I think that they have the possibility of bringing forth some thoughts we have not even begun to think. I could be wrong but I think the perspective would be most intresting.
Lachie

Agreed, Kestrel and Vesko. They do see things in a different way and can offer outstanding perspective on stuff that doesnt even enter the male mind. And Tom's philosphies are very male oriented, very cold and logical (even i can see that) but thats necessary given the subject matter. It could possibly be put into a female form - an idea for any budding entrepreneurs out there who know the female mind.

I have got two further questions. I mentioned (with my 'chef' analogy) in the first post that I consider us a 'spiritual elite'. That didn't raise any eyebrows? Does everyone think the same way?

Also, I forgot my second question.

lachie
Marcus

I have got two further questions. I mentioned (with my 'chef' analogy) in the first post that I consider us a 'spiritual elite'. That didn't raise any eyebrows? Does everyone think the same way?
No. Gender has no bearing on spirituality. I've found intelligence and spirituality in both sexes to be equal.

I buy my fruit and vegetables from a very spiritually wise lady who I admire immensely.

I can't see why a physical difference (x chromosone) should make women any different in terms of spirituality.

Do you agree?

PS, my Mum is a much better cook than my Dad, my girlfiend is a much better cook than me :P
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Lachie

Hehe, you miss my point marcus, I didn't mean that men were intrinsically better, I meant that I consider us people on the board as elite. Whether male or female.

Never mind, i think it was a bit arrogant. You can learn a lot more than the stuff in the Book by learning it the hard way, which is what a lot of people do in war-torn areas, poverty stricken areas, etc.

Lachie
Kestrel

We also have the chance to learn other things, diffrent aspects.

Where as a person in a war torn area could learn something about suffering. The value of life, the result of poor, negitive, neligent, unwise choices. How if I will quote my favorite track "Wide eyed sleepers" is what so many act as if they are wide eyed sleepers. They'd feel safer fighting fears, led by fears so they continue.

Where as we can study electrons. Something not quite understood. However when we consider just how many our entity has and study them. Such as encoded information capacity, its amazing.

However, I think that we in USA, UK, Bulgaria, Romania, Australia and where ever we may be with our acess to news, global information. Also those with a genuine intrest in the subject whom can study it online and through the book. We have an advantage. We may not have to experince the mistake of these individuals whom commit such atroscitys against nature, against fellow intelligent individuals and most horribly, against themselfs in the process. WE can witness such we are at advantage if we are clever enough to TRY to understand what its like to experince such. Yes its not an experince, but I think all of us here are clever and intelligent enough to ask the correct questions in our mind, ask for assitance, open a disucssion in any matter as such. Where as we can bring ourselfs to the first level of verification and understanding of the subject. I guess to use a materialisticlly driven phrase "Were are sitting on a gold mine here!"

Truly we are in a incredably active classroom. What will you choose to look at?

Now I think that a female is just as capable of thinking similar thoughts.
:-({|=
creativekey

well hmm. I don't think that we were built un-even hense the saying "we are all individual intellects".... it doesn't make sense to believe that woman are less intelligent. (not that anyone is saying that but for argument sake) since we live more then one life in more then one body, we all most likely have been both male and female before. If it were the case where it was superior to be a man, then we would have a bunch of confused (baby intellects as chalko says) woman running around all stupid, and ALL men would be slightly more advanced. This is obviously not the case. I have met both intelligent woman and men, and slightly retarded men and woman. I think that, based on what type of lessons you want to experience in life, that's where the choice of sex comes in. It has been proven that men use the left hemisphere of their brains most, while woman use their right. The left hemisphere controls communication and logic, while the right is responsible for emotions etc. (at least from my understanding) So when you die, after leading a very logical mathematical life as a man (by choice) you may choose to "mix things up" by being an emotional wreck of a woman, basically forcing yourself to learn about emotions and feelings. (not to say that all woman are emotional blobs, and I have met really emotional guys before, once again proving that it's a choice).

"...recent discovery is that male and female brains in some ways work differently. When set the same task, females may use both hemispheres, while male brain activity is restricted to one side. For example, if the task is to define words, men appear to use only their left hemisphere, while women use both. For many other problem-solving activities however, men's and women's brains work in the same way."

Also its known that men have bigger brains then females, but the nerves in a brain of a female are closer together, so information is processed just as fast because it doesn't have to travel as far.

So anyway, my conclusion is that sex only regulates the way your processes information, but it ultimately comes down to choice. There are some good exercises out there that allow you to practice using both hemisphere of the brain at the same time. And I'm sure you've read about this. Anyway, I made this some huge essay, hopefully someone will read it ha ha.

Oh and by the way I'm a female, and I didn't find Toms book "cold". :shock:

p.s. I should make my signature an apology for my grammer and spelling. hehe.
..... or something
Frozn

creativekey
I made this some huge essay, hopefully someone will read it ha ha.
I spent the time to read it, and I'm probably better off for it. In response to this topic let me just say that while one of us may be born male or female; our spirit, which is our greatest asset, can be neither.

I completely agree with bomohwkl and Vesko here that its a matter of conditioning. If someone were to say "But it's a fact that men use more of their left brains", I would point out that at some point they chose to based on the environment that made any one of us who we are today. The differences in which the sexes are brought up, and have seemingly always been, are radically different.

One of the greatest tests in this life is growing up to realize such conditioning and rise above it to sculpt the 'ideal you' in spite of all you've been trained to be without realizing it. In this way, it ensures that despite how we have been raised or conditioned, we still have the same vast potential that anyone else does. I find it absolutely beutiful and remarkable and a further testament to the richness of existance.

This is my first post on here and I'm glad to have plunged into such a bright 'community' here. A stark contrast to Chalko's "forum", which although very informative, is also restricted to the point that it can't even be called a forum. I tried posting some questions there (See 'Helping People?'), and my answers were either nothing, or ambiguous.

Also, I was STUNNED to see on here a member from Ohio! Kestrel, it is good to see you here, and I look forward to the many discussions I might add my $0.02 to.

- Michael Landin
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Vesko

Welcome, Frozn! What you have contributed through your post is worth far, far much more that 0.02 cents, I am sure about that.

My 0.02 barter tomatoes (to put that in spiritual terms :lol:).
Frozn

Why thank you Vesko, for your kind words.

I hope to add what I can to this forum in good time, and its good to see some intelligent company, as is hard to find in person. (We have all experienced that) - Our insights and ideas here may very well change the shape of the world through each of us. Something to look forward to indeed.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Vesko

You are welcome :). I agree on all counts.