Hermaphrodites -- Male/Female

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

survivor wrote:As I am not familiar in the field of science, could you please elaborate on the different types of neurosis.
The page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosis reads:
The term was coined by the Scottish doctor William Cullen in 1769 to refer to "disorders of sense and motion" caused by a "general affection of the nervous system." For him, it described various nervous disorders and symptoms that could not be explained physiologically. It derives from two Greek words: neuron (nerve) and osis (diseased or abnormal condition).

Throughout its history, the term "neurosis", while adhering generally to the above definitions, has been used as a "catch-all" term for many medical or psychological phenomena. Partly due to this lack of definition, it is clinically no longer in common use. Current classification systems have abandoned the category of neurosis; the DSM-IV has eliminated the category altogether. Disorders formerly termed as neuroses are now described under more specific disorders such as anxiety, depression, and personality disorders. Still, the usage of the term neurosis remains controversial, and it has been argued that a more appropriate term is needed to replace it.
Some types:
There are many different specific forms of neuroses: pyromania, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety neurosis, hysteria (in which anxiety may be discharged through a physical symptom), and an endless variety of phobias. According to Dr. George Boeree, effects of neurosis can involve

... anxiety, sadness or depression, anger, irritability, mental confusion, low sense of self-worth, etc., behavioral symptoms such as phobic avoidance, vigilance, impulsive and compulsive acts, lethargy, etc., cognitive problems such as unpleasant or disturbing thoughts, repetition of thoughts and obsession, habitual fantasizing, negativity and cynicism, etc. Interpersonally, neurosis involves dependency, aggressiveness, perfectionism, schizoid isolation, socio-culturally inappropriate behaviors, etc. (Boeree 2002)
survivor wrote:"if a homosexual has a [hormone disbalance] and is then corrected, wouldn't the theory suggest that the homosexual; is now hetrosexual?
Of course, what would be the difference from the heterosexual then?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
survivor

survivor wrote:"if a homosexual has a [hormone disbalance] and is then corrected, wouldn't the theory suggest that the homosexual; is now hetrosexual?
Vesko wrote:Of course, what would be the difference from the heterosexual then?
Well, according to argument, the only difference - is the existence of the word "homosexual"...You can't have a Neurotic Hetrosexual as one 'thing' and a homosexual as another.

If the word homosexualderived from a heterosexual been neurotic, then the word 'homosexual' should be replaced with [Neurotic Heterosexual].Wouldn't you agree?
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Vesko

It can be concluded staightforwardly from the book that a homosexual is a neurotic heterosexual with a specific type of neurosis that makes him sexually attracted to the same sex, not just a heterosexual with neurosis, which could be, a heterosexual suffering from hysteria.

Edit on 2006-07-10: Added "it can be concluded straightfowardly from the book" so that it is clear the statements above are based on the book with virtually no interpretation.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
survivor

Vesko wrote:No, a homosexual is a neurotic heterosexual with a specific type of neurosis that makes him sexually attracted to the same sex, not just a heterosexual with neurosis, which could be, a heterosexual suffering from hysteria.
Don’t let the Homosexual Community read that, they may go into a fit of hysteria laughter. :shock:

Vesko you have only generalized there, it isn’t actually “knowing”, is it?

So what do we call a homosexual with hormone disbalance? Would it not be, a heterosexual with hormone disbalance?

Maybe this passage in TP should be revised..
‘What do you think of homosexuality?’
‘The homosexual, female as well as male, is a neurotic (when it is not a matter
of hormones) and neurotics can’t be condemned but, like all neurotics, they
should seek treatment.

..because we have a word neurosis (which is considered outdated) and another word 'homosexual' (which is derived from slang and with intent to offend).
Throughout its history, the term "neurosis", while adhering generally to the above definitions, has been used as a "catch-all" term for many medical or psychological phenomena. Partly due to this lack of definition, it is clinically no longer in common use. Current classification systems have abandoned the category of neurosis; the DSM-IV has eliminated the category altogether. Disorders formerly termed as neuroses are now described under more specific disorders such as anxiety, depression, and personality disorders. Still, the usage of the term neurosis remains controversial, and it has been argued that a more appropriate term is needed to replace it.
Yothu

IMO it boils down to females/males suffering from trauma of loss/deficient father or mother figure in a certain stage of their lives, thus seeking the love from the same gender, almost as seeking to fill "a hole" in themselves - when speaking of the psychological side.
This is my personal theory, nothing more nothing less.

I am quite sure that homosexual community would not only laugh at this topic but might even feel offended.

In regard to the term 'neurosis'; What I think is that p.c. can cross a certain line: In Austria there is a debate whether retarded people should be called "people with special abilities" rather than "disabled people". I have no problem calling them "people with disability", but calling them "people with special abilities" in general goes too far for my taste.
I think when over-analyzing a problem you might miss the bigger picture. If 'neurosis' is further classified in groups of "depression", "anxiety" and the like it might appear to me that they all have very different and special causes which they just don't might have alltogether.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Survivor, I cannot say I know it, I've edited my previous post so it is clear the statements above are based on the book with virtually no interpretation on my part. Anyone who feels offended, should know that Michel Desmarquet, the author of the book, has stated that he doesn't discriminate against any particular group of people or anyone at all, and he just relays the words of the aliens (who themselves do not discriminate against anyone). So, before anyone feels offended, I advise them to fully read the book and think.
survivor wrote:So what do we call a homosexual with hormone disbalance? Would it not be, a heterosexual with hormone disbalance?
According to the book, the natural state of everyone is heterosexuality, so, of course, you can call him/her this. Is this a satisfactory answer?
survivor

Yothu wrote:IMO it boils down to females/males suffering from trauma of loss/deficient father or mother figure in a certain stage of their lives, thus seeking the love from the same gender, almost as seeking to fill "a hole" in themselves - when speaking of the psychological side.
This is my personal theory, nothing more nothing less.
...and also fallible BUT, you are entitled to your own opinion. :)
shezmear

I have always felt like I would rather be a beatiful women then a man, maybe I just missed out on a real mother..., in fact once I did a drag show as a challenge with a group of friends, and I actually look better as a women then a man,but I have to say, My biology tells me to "want women", it fact it is not really my choice, I can safely say I can not help it, I am attracted to women.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Psi

Vesko wrote:I surmise that any HS's gender is not linked to our own gender, and that it can equally well serve both male and female physical bodies. However, the point is, this is a guess. Perhaps there are all male higher selves and all female higher selves at the lower categories, and only at the higher categories are the HSs hermaphrodite -- Michel says in the audio interviews that on the ninth category, there is one (a single) higher self per person, so logically it ought to be hermaphrodite.
Vesko wrote:Let's consider the Creator only -- by saying it's both male and female, I mean that it must have the ability to receive both male and female perceptions, because as Michel writes, males and females have been created in all species. Also, perceptions = not only a physical thing, because they get recorded in the astral body, hence male / female / hermaphrodite are not only physical concepts.
Re the higher self -- I only surmise all are hermaphrodite.
Let's remember that your Higher Self is your go-between with the Source. In effect, the HS is a 'mini-God' and, as such, is beyond pigeonholes, like being male or female. Just as we no longer refer to God as He (or is it She?).

Also, a Higher Self on this category communicates with nine souls. These souls can be female or male or a mix - so it stands to reason that the Higher Self would not "have to be" male or female to "properly communicate" with those souls. And speaking of souls, they do not have a sex any more than they have a race. You can reincarnate as any type of person - male / female and black / white / Asian / Jewish etc. ...
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
Leo

Psi wrote: Also, a Higher Self on this category communicates with nine souls. These souls can be female or male or a mix - so it stands to reason that the Higher Self would not "have to be" male or female to "properly communicate" with those souls. And speaking of souls, they do not have a sex any more than they have a race. You can reincarnate as any type of person - male / female and black / white / Asian / Jewish etc. ...
Does that mean we can change higher selves as we live different lives, or do we keep the same higher self and only move up a catagory when the other 8 souls and yourself are developed enough to move up?

What about soukous? when they reincarnate on a catagory 1 planet, do they continue to have the higher catagory higher self? or are they relegated back to a catagory 1 higher self??
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Psi

Leo wrote:Does that mean we can change higher selves as we live different lives, or do we keep the same higher self and only move up a category when the other 8 souls and yourself are developed enough to move up?
Hi Leo,

Good questions. I wish I had definitive answers.

I did not ask Michel such a specific question regarding the Higher Self and the soul’s journey, but from my discussions with him, I have concluded that yes, you do get a new Higher Self with each new life. As you know, when you die, you detach yourself from your Higher Self, you enjoy a ‘vacation’ on the astral plane (it’s nice this time of year) and when you’re ready to go back to work, you attach to the Higher Self, preview your prospective life and reincarnate. My reasoning for saying you get a new Higher Self is simple: when you progress spiritually, you ‘upgrade’ to a new Higher Self – a new teacher offering you new, higher lessons. It’s the same principle as when you progress to a higher Category, you get a new improved Higher Self helping you with more challenging lessons.

As for soul mates, I can tell you what Michel has told me.

As you know, you have nine souls attached to the one Higher Self. So, you have eight soul mates at any one time, anywhere in the world. But you won’t always have the same soul mates. Some will die during your lifetime, and they will be replaced by new ones being born and so continues the cycle of life. Likewise, you may progress faster than them in this life, so much so that you reincarnate on Category Two or higher, whereas the rest of them stay on Category One (and reincarnate at a time that they choose – this could be before or after you reincarnate).

So, no, soul makes do not exist as a ‘pack’; you are all individuals who just happen to have the same intermediary, the same Higher Self. Again, see it as the same principle mentioned earlier: You are effectively part of a class of nine students (nine souls attached to the one Higher Self). The class is made up of individuals who may have the same interest (eg geography) and may have similar intelligence but they are still individuals. They are taught and assisted by the same teacher, but at the end of the year (lifetime), some will pass, some will fail – and in your next class, you’ll have different students (different soul mates).
Leo wrote:What about soukous? when they reincarnate on a category 1 planet, do they continue to have the higher category higher self? or are they relegated back to a category 1 higher self??
Another great question! I never thought to ask it myself, so I can only give you my thought, not what Michel has said.

It seems to me that if a soul is living on Category One, all rules apply: Whether they are advanced and have chosen to return to a lower plane, physically they breathe the same air, eat the same food, and are exposed to the same conditions; ergo, spiritually, they should be attached to the same (ie Category One) Higher Self. That also ties in with the earlier point I made regarding a new Higher Self for a new life.

Again, I just want to reiterate. Apart from the soul mate answer, these are my opinions – but they are based on wide-ranging discussions with Michel. I trust you see the distinction.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
Leo

Cheers mate :D your answers cleared up a lot :D
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Frozn

I believe this topic, long ago, was intended to be a theoretical discusson of the purpose of a bi-gender Thiaoouban human. A think tank with different theories and interperetation. Somewhere along the way, that got swapped with a discussion on a piece of text from TP, which defines the homosexual as a neurotic, when it is not a matter of hormones.

The hormonal defense can now be worn by any homosexual looking to justify his or her behavior, which, although harmless, should still be considered an incorrect choice. Nothing to be condemned, and I agree nobody should be preached at, espescially considering how much these views touch at the core of us as human beings.

If I remember right, Thao also said that (I am too tired to pull exact quotes), when in doubt over the rightness of something, looking to nature will find you the answers to most questions. Abortion isn't natural, it is contrary to nature. No one argues there. Now let me bring the point up that you never see 2 male dogs, or 2 male monkeys trying to procreate. Why doesn't it happen (I know there are VERY rare cases, those aside)? It is because it has nothing to do with hormones, homosexuality is a descision brought on by complex emotions and thoughts that animals simply do not have access to.

If it was just a raw primal hormonal lust for the same sex, you would see it in all species. Intellect is apparently a factor in becoming homosexual or bisexual, and that is what makes it a human behavior pattern. I might make enemies here saying that homosexuality is against natural, and therefore universal law. It is for this reason, I believe that Christianity claimed it is against god and a crime. Both are false of course, we are all indeed free to choose for ourselves. Just because we walk through the forest and don't see the trees, does not make us guilty of anything, but the truth is that we can do better, and the spirit would encourage us to do so.

Those of you who would insist it is a matter of being born that way, I would urge you to abandon that comforting feeling and in its place question how it is you have arrived at such a point. Perhaps it IS a part of your lesson. I know homosexuality to be wrong in my conscience, but no one is going to be burning in hell for practicing it. It is simply a waste of such potential for so much bliss in the natural order of life, and of procreation.

And transsexuals? Can we PLEASE not discuss the merits of mutilating ones genitals to appear of a different sex? This does not belong in any society, yet in our new secular societies such behavior is celebrated. Use your instincts and smell the wrong.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
PyroKinetic

I agree with frozn completely, nice point frozn.
survivor

Frozn wrote: If it was just a raw primal hormonal lust for the same sex, you would see it in all species. Intellect is apparently a factor in becoming homosexual or bisexual, and that is what makes it a human behavior pattern. I might make enemies here saying that homosexuality is against natural, and therefore universal law.
It's easy to state the obvious isn't it!..Care to state the existence of homosexuality? NO?..let's not re-cycle this thread.

P.S [off topic] The sea-horse is a lovely creature. :)