Partners

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Lachie

Partners

Hi everyone,

A number of times ppl here have mentioned that they want an evolved partner, or at least, someone who is very wise and has read the Book. Some (i can't remember who) have said that they don't want to be brought down, or made stupider, by their partner. I was wondering if the people who believe that, can educate me in their reasons... :| It's just something i've been thinking about recently... whether or not to have sex before marriage, and what type of girl to go for.

I can understand the reasoning if you marry a dope-smoking drunk... but an average girl or guy is not going to be a dope-smoking drunk (i understand that the circumstances are different for the clubbing homosexual type):(. surely being with an average girl or guy is not going to make someone less evolved? you remain the person you are, right?

Anyway, just something thats on my mind.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

Lachlie excellent question !

Its something I think about quite often to be honest. We should definitly make our choice and respect our choice above others opinions ;) Be with whom you feel is best for you. We are here to learn love are we not ? I think that you will find in every person something primitive, something rather dissapointing. However, there are still those individuals whom you can love for their intellect.

Well I dont know what to make about sex. However, thao said. "They goto the forest but dont see the trees".

Which means, that the purpose of a forest is tree's right? So perhaps we miss the purpose of sex ? Mentions of Chakras I recall about the cow example, perhaps its a spiritual experince between two physical individuals. Perhaps, perhaps not.

Just dont limit youreself lachlie. I think its safe to experince what you choose to, go for it, enjoy life and love somone.

I guess that currently how I see it.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Lachie

Bump...

so nobody has any good answers?

lachie
Meedan

Lachie wrote:Bump...

lachie
I think Kestrel's is fine. I'm sure you meant 'nobody else' hehe :lol:
With Love
Yothu

Meedan wrote:
Lachie wrote:Bump...

lachie
I think Kestrel's is fine. I'm sure you meant 'nobody else' hehe :lol:
:lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Lachie

Ahhh haha yes, thats what i meant. Sorry Kestrel. I even sent Kestrel a message saying that he gave a great answer. i should not be allowed near a keyboard when i'm tired!!!

So allow me to korrect myself - apart from Kestrel, who gave an excellent answer, does anybody have any input on their chosen partners, and why they want "uber-evolved" types, rather than average girls or boys.

Lachie
GreatIntellect

My girlfriend and I have been together since before I had read TP (or even heard of it, for that matter). Once I read it, I let her read it. She hasn't gotten completely through it yet, but she is getting to the point where she doesn't believe, she knows. Point being, I didn't choose her because she was uber-evolved enough to understand it, I chose her because I love her. And the rest just came afterward.

I think that all of our situations with boy/girlfriends, no matter how pointless or excellent, all help us to learn. And that's key, right? After reading the book, I analyzed everything that happened between myself and my ex's. Now it all makes sense why I put myself through all that, because I took something away from each and every person that I have used (or more then likely, will use) in the future.

Food for thought. :wink:
GreatIntellect

By the way, Lachie... She's your average girl. Not the standard dope-smoker. :lol:
bomohwkl

What is most interesting to see that we all seem to attracted to beautiful women/good looking men. It is an inbuilt human perception.

Human seems to attracted to object of beauty and desire to have it. This is quite true among male, however, from my observation, generally, female are less shallow than male.

Beautiful or good looking he/she is externally, rarely we come to discover the beauty inside us. Because it cannot be hold and it cannot be seen easily. It can be demostrated.
Some (i can't remember who) have said that they don't want to be brought down, or made stupider, by their partner
No one can made stupider or brought down except yourself. Imagine, you meet a very beautiful woman ,physically, she is what you want. She is funny, interesting and feminine. Your desire to want her overwhelm you. You try to seek an acceptance from her. You try to do things that she think you are interesting and funny to be with.
I know a female who used to drink excessive alcohol in order to gain approval and acceptance from the good looking male so that the male could perceive her as interesting, funny, and not 'out of box'. If one's boyfriend starts smoking drugs, his partner will soon start smoking drug too just to gain acceptance. In extreme, it leads to self-destruction. Look around and you will see. Investigate your past behaviour and you will understand.
We ,human, desire to seek acceptance but we need to understand the limit. In the journey of seeking accepetance and love, we should avoid path that lead to self-destruction. Those who know how to care themselves will know how to care his/her partner properly. In the area of where I live, it is obvious. My heart ached but I couldn't do anything that can change it.
It's just something i've been thinking about recently... whether or not to have sex before marriage, and what type of girl to go for.
I think it depends on our choices of life. The most important thing is what is marriage? I cannot keep wondering whether the idea of marriage ever occur in Thiaoouba. What are the factors that determine whether or not to have sex before marriage? Is it that you something within you that find it hard to control or because if you have sex before marriage you will let your ego/demon to run amonk in your mind or risking becoming *** becuase sex is so easily obtained? I think the answer entirely determine by one own understanding of oneself and your understanding of what is marriage.

What I find the most important is the desire to understand me. The more you understand yourself the more 'complicated' your mind become and the easier you understand others. A sense of intelligence and a sence of open-minded and capable of self-reflective is condition for a good company whether it is your life company or your friends.
For example, my friend could give me a bag of potatoe crisps to me to eat, but it is one of the worst food on earth. It made me having sore-throat the next morning, probably because of excessive salts or strange additive inside. They get annoyed when I refused to have some. The only way is to tell them why I dislike it. I am sure that they feel strange of my answers. When you have taken care of your body, your body becomes efficienct on detoxicification . Your body is sensitive enough of food which is bad for you. Your body quickly tell you that this food is bad by showing its effect the next day. Most people have dulled their senses by excessive consumption of alcohols, junk foods and smoke. Their toxics are stored somewhere waiting to develop into 'horrible' illness. Hence, it is not a good idea to dull our senses. Your senses are a great tool of learning of yourself and about life!! Take care of it and it will teach you tremendous things of life without going through so much suffering in life. Learning of yourself and about life should be fun!!Opppss..too long and sound like a bit off of topic.
Last edited by bomohwkl on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lachie

Wow. I'm going to put all this in a text file on my computer :P Thanks for the great responses bomo and GI. I agree 100% with everything you say. I liked that last part in bold, too, bomohawkl. something that i need to be reminded of every so often that i overdose on junk food cause i'm feeling down :P

thanks,

lachie
Kestrel

What message ? ? ? ?

j/k ;) I laughed reading that. You guys giving him a hard time.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Yothu

Something that came to my mind when I read Bomo's post is that I learn lessons which concern my "emotional body" rapidly when in relationship with the opposite sex. Can't be compared to what I can learn from my fellow male beings. I can just guess what it is, but it certainly has something to do with the emotional connection or bond that is present. It is as there would be a denser exchange of information of some kind. At least for me. Hope this doesn't sound too weird. My 2 cent :wink:
Vesko

Kestrel wrote:Well I dont know what to make about sex. However, thao said. "They goto the forest but dont see the trees".

Which means, that the purpose of a forest is tree's right? So perhaps we miss the purpose of sex ? Mentions of Chakras I recall about the cow example, perhaps its a spiritual experince between two physical individuals. Perhaps, perhaps not
When the Thiaooubans said "When they go to the forest, they don't see the trees", it means that Earth people are unable to find a suitable partner for them because they fail to discern the unique inner characteristics of each available one. People end up in the wrong relationships, and never find love and happiness, impeding their spiritual development.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

"They goto the forest but dont see the trees"
I took this as: they have sex and have orgasms but forget that there are very many things that are included in sex that seem to overleapt in order to satisfy ones urges.

This means to me that most of us cannot have sex the way it is possibly meant to be, because we lack the knowing of how to do it "to maximize its effect", including having the right partner for it. Not to mention the feelings...

I believe that with "trees" Thao meant "the details".
Kestrel

I thought of that like.

Whats the purpose of a forest?

Well obviously theres tree's in a forest, a forest is probally a good place to enjoy nature its got many creatures and trees are the centerpeice. So if you goto the forest, but miss the tree's its the wrong reason.

So make that a sex on the beach, but then I thought. Hey what if you goto the beach but miss the sand ?
I am just being silly actually. Thanks for correcting that Quote vesko. I'll be revewing / thinking about that quote some more again.
Thao