Loud Noise

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Leventis

Ear muffings don't do anything. I probably read this at thefreedomofchoice.com forum. Not sure. It said though that it doesn't matter if you don't hear the sound it is the fact that you get exposed to that harms you. So even if you go got to a disco and you can't hear anything your body still gets messed up.

If i 've understand correctly the higher-self or higher-being cannot intervene into our choices. It is against the Universal law. Someone can only inform you that it is bad they can't prevent you from taking the choice.
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Vesko

Hi, Leventis! You are from Greece, I'm from Bulgaria -- we are your northern border ;)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
trumpet_is_cool

My opinion is that actually the very Low Frequencys causes the damages, if you can feel the bass inside your Body Is it way too loud!!!

If you do meditation you maybe have noticed that you have a feel of something flowing/pulsing along your spine, this happens also with a very low frequency (I assume somewhere between 4-16 Hz)...

They developed allready acoustic weapons:
A second category is the acoustic weapon. This technology also exists in prototype form and was likewise recommended for testing in Somalia, according to the journal. Acoustic weapons emit sonic frequencies that cause such sensations as debilitating dizziness and motion sickness or nausea, and can also generate vibrations of body organs result in extreme pain, seizures, or death.

Acoustic weapons can penetrate buildings, and are also considered effective in crowd control situations, in clearing the way for military convoys, or for application against individuals or select groups. Acoustic fences can also be used to repel invaders, since people would become progressively sicker as they get closer to the device.
these weapons are working in the Infrasound/very low frequency area, for more details see this Interesting Article:
http://www.princeton.edu/~globsec/publi ... ltmann.pdf

A quote from it :
With respect to effects on humans, some of the allegations are: Infrasound at 110-130 dB would cause intestinal pain and severe nausea. Extreme levels of annoyance or distraction would result from minutes of exposure to levels 90 to 120 dB at low frequencies (5 to 200 Hz), strong physical trauma and damage to tissues at 140-150 dB, and instantaneous blastwave type trauma at above 170 dB (for an explanation of the level unit decibel see below). At low frequencies, resonances in the body would cause hemorrhage and spasms; in the mid-audio range (0.5-2.5 kHz) resonances in the air cavities of the body would cause nerve irritation, tissue trauma and heating; high audio and ultrasound frequencies (5 to 30 kHz) would cause heating up to lethal body temperatures, tissue burns, and dehydration

If you go near a disco what do you hear first ? The Bass !

Think about it...I`m absolutly sure that THIS low frequencys are the frequencys that can seriously damage our Bodys (Astral AND Physical), i think the midaudio range is not that dangerous compared to the infrasound area....

Music can be a help with spiritual development BUT NOT very low Bassfrequencys at a WAY too loud level...

Thought`s ?

Dennis
survivor

Bass is Bad

Absolutely, BASS iS BAD!!! Where I am living, there are many young hoods, who you can hear coming a mile away, yep, you guessed it---DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF, man I hate those loud car stereo's--they're busting my vibrations, same said about / sports exhaust pipes / Harley Davidson (nice bikes though) / trail bikes / trucks.

-mp3 players :twisted: (tinnitis anyone?)

-home movie systems :twisted: (although makes watching movies more enjoyable) contradiction

-mobile ring tones :twisted: :twisted:

-loud TV ad's :twisted:
Aisin

survivor, very livid illustration...

Many in this forum have voiced out the same thing about disco / techno music (if we call it music, some call it noise :shaking2:). The first time i was exposed to such noise many years ago, I immediately felt a kind of pressured sensation in my chest, before my ears started to feel discomfort, but of course they did too a while later.

MP3 players or home audio / theatre system are not necessarily bad, it all depends on what kind of music / movie that you play, doesn't it? :listen music: Of course the mainstream movies such as thriller-type are noisy. And for the same reason, I appreciate musical or drama-type movies and classical music even more than when I first started liking them. :-({|=

I have to agree with you mobile ringtones are sometimes too loud to be enjoyable. Likewise with TV advertisements, because they come from the sponsors so they're tuned up in audio volume to catch our attention? Sometimes I find myself pressing the (-) volume button whenever the advertisements come along. :lol:
survivor

It's not just how loud mobile ring tones are, it's also the pitch.

-once upon a time I spent many early hours in night clubs, I was tolerant to music because the heavy consumption of beer blocked my senses. (I got wise)

-A couple of yr's ago, on a quite Sunday I drove to my local supermarket, NOW I heard this thunderous noise coming my way, it was a utility vehicle with car a stereo manufacture written on the side, it was pumping out NOISE, nothing but BASS it made me feel very ill and my chest felt like it was going to concave. (very scary moment)
MP3 players or home audio / theatre system are not necessarily bad, it all depends on what kind of music
..consumers choice......(try to keep the volume down)
Lena

any type of music played too loudly can be harmfull. remember the example given in TP of a violin piece played too loudly being uncomfortable. Personally, I used to be a big fan of disco and techno music, I still am a little bit, and I've always turned up the bass to block out other sounds. I like the sound of bass, but I never have it loud enough to make my tummy vibrate or ears ring.
Frozn

Lena, I enjoy bass as well in music. You can have a reasonably high amount of bass and not disturb anyone though. I drive around all the time listening to music on a good stereo system, and no one else sitting at home possibly meditating can hear it when i drive by. survivor, I share your pain. I thought that was a US thing. Sad news to hear that plague has infected australia too. Big bass doesnt seem to bother me the same way that music from concerts or night clubs do. I'd venture as to guess the screeching treble is way worse, although I do still agree that abnoxious bass from punk kids with 1000 watt amps is dreadful. I dont know how many times i wanted to just.. well ill stop right there :twisted:
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
survivor

I too enjoy bass, just not as much.

Also, are we talking about normal bass or bass pumped through the sub-woofer?

I enjoy sub-woofer bass when watching a movie but thats it. I wont use the woofer when listening to music.

If you do listen to music with the sub-woofer on and even if the volume is low, go into the next room and all you will hear or feel is THUMP THUMP, is this a silent danger?
Frozn

survivor, when I was talking about driving, i meant normal bass with no subwoofer. However, the stereo I listen to at home has one. Perhaps the frequency of subwoofer bass is harmful, but I'm not confident it is, aside from the noise pollution it causes when its too loud. What Thao said about loud noise, I knew it was true because any time I had been subjected to VERY loud music, mostly at rock concerts, I always felt less than alright and couldnt place why.

With bass, I find myself bathing in the vibration and enjoying it, although the type of sound is not even close to found in nature. My guess would be that bass is no more harmful than treble, and both frequencies need to be tuned for best effect. Playing music loud enough to annoy people in their homes is still an awful example of noise pollution. What do you think? Sounds right to me.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
anonymousbeing

If you ever camp in the jungle at night. You will know how noisy it is!!
survivor

anonymousbeing wrote:If you ever camp in the jungle at night. You will know how noisy it is!!
mmm..nature at it's best.

If you ever camp in the Australian outback at night, You will know how quiet it is.
Frozn wrote:Playing music loud enough to annoy people in their homes is still an awful example of noise pollution. What do you think?
Agree 100%
anonymousbeing

survivor wrote: If you ever camp in the Australian outback at night, You will know how quiet it is.
It must be an open field or forest. Jungle is just too noisy at night with zillions of insects, night-life birds and reptiles hissing and owling.....
Aisin

Low frequency sonar and whales

Apparently noise doesn't only affect us human, here's something brief on low frequency sonar and whales.
Low-frequency sound (below 1,000 hertz) goes farther. You may not be able to hear the singers on your neighbor's stereo, but you can hear the bass.
Repeated exposure to moderately loud sounds can damage human ears, as rock musicians have learned.

Even milder sounds can be annoying, stressful, distracting (picture the golfer about to swing) or confusing.
Whales depend on hearing the way humans depend on sight. They use their sonar to find food, detect enemies, attract mates and know where their children are.

Scientists say low-frequency sonar, if loud enough, has the potential to drown out the whales so they can't hear what they need to. Whales listening intently for the quiet swish of a school of fish may go hungry. A 3-month-old whale who leaves his mother's side to begin to explore his world may not hear her calling to him and may never find her again.

It could do other damage, too.

Very loud sounds can rip ear, lung and other vibrating tissues. A sound wave is a pressure wave; that's why you can sometimes feel your body vibrate during loud, low sounds. When body tissues resonate with the sound's frequency, the pressure increases.
Sounds booming at regular intervals also could interfere with whales' sleep. Little is known about how whales and dolphins sleep, except that they must surface to breathe. "In humans, prolonged or repeated noises can cause difficulties in falling asleep, changes in sleep patterns, and awakenings," says the often-cited book "Marine Mammals and Noise" by W. John Richardson et al.

Chronic noise may lead to high blood pressure in humans, and strong noise can affect reproduction and rearing of young in land animals, Richardson's book adds.

Repeated stress can take a toll on an animal's immune system, leaving it more vulnerable to parasites and other infections.

Extreme stress or panic may cause whales to lose their way and wash up on beaches; or their disorientation may result from damage to their hearing or another aspect of their navigational sonar system.
Aisin

Relevant topic

Also relevant to this topic is the thread Sound Pollution and the Astral Body in the same sub-forum.