God in the Brain ?

Holds abstracts of articles on meditation, telepathy, out-of-body experience, telekinesis, qi-gong, etc. that have been published in scientific journals. The full papers can be accessed via your own national library or university.

Moderator: Moderators

gog

is that so!!

Hmmm interesting!!
bomohwkl

So, having concluded that your definition of God, and your believe or disbelieve in him, is simply your idea about God, and tells you what direction you should now make. I ask you, and for this simple question I wasted hundreds of words: how do you define God? And, do you believe in your definition?

It is called self-disillusion. I think we often self-disillusionate ourselves. I wonder how we can avoid such traps. Publishing books are often a way to promote one's self-disillusion.
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:Publishing books are often a way to promote one's self-disillusion.
I second that from personal impressions. "Oh, I have published about a cosmic or grandiose subject, or I have a great number of publications, therefore I am a great writer / philosopher / scientist, etc.! And even if I'm not (although it feels so good to delude myself!), I can live with that as long as many other people think that I am!".
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Welcome back, Bomoh!

Good to hear from you after all again 8)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

And even if I'm not (although it feels so good to delude myself!), I can live with that as long as many other people think that I am!".
Is it a hypocrisy?
Vesko

Yes, it is.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Frozn

Yes it is a hypocricy, which usually goes hand in hand with self-dillusion.

And OH MY GOD IS THAT bomohwkl?!?!? :bounce:

It warms my heart to see you back on this forum, you were dearly missed by all of us. In any case I wanted to welcome you back as well as celebrate. :clap: \:D/ :applause:
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Vesko

Ah, Frozn :), I was trying to keep quiet :-$ and talk to Bomohwkl as if he had never been away, but you raised the din :shaking2:, so, then, yes, "WELCOME BACK BOMOHWKL!!!" :-({|= :applause: \:D/ :cheers: :salute: :clap:
Robanan

:D :clap: :cheers: :pr: :idea: :pl: :cheers: :clap: :D Bomohwkl, you made me happy, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!
InfoSource

One of the articles in the link trumpet_is_cool posted was about Michael Persinger, a Canadian neuroscientist who invented a "God helmet" that stimulates part of the brain to create religious experiences

About a year ago I watched a lecture by him on the subject of God being in the brain. It was pretty fascinating lecture (to me). The lecture starts off with Persinger describing different parts/functions of the brain (mainly the differences between the right and left side of the brain) and then goes into how electromagnetic fields can be manipulated to create god-like experinces in a person. If anyone wants to hear the podcast version of the lecture here is the link

http://www.tvo.org/podcasts/bi/audio/BI ... 091606.mp3
(44.25 minutes in length)

Some more links

Wiki on the God Helmet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

Article on Persinger's & other neuroscientists work

http://www.clinicallypsyched.com/neurot ... inmind.htm
Rezo

well thats interesting because the astral body is connected to a delicate signal from the brain, right?

gotta step out but i saved the file, gonna listen to it later.