collective illusion

A discussion of past and recent world events (from the historical period after Christ, e.g. Renaissance). Let's unlock the lessons from the past events.

Moderator: Moderators

ronald

collective illusion

P50.
‘Well, when you create an illusion, the subject, or subjects, should be prepared
to see what you want them to see. For example, if you want people to see a
spaceship in the sky, it is important that they are expecting to see one. If they
expect to see an elephant, they will never see the spaceship. Thus, with the right
words and cleverly controlled suggestions, the crowd will unite around you in
anticipation of seeing a spaceship, a white elephant, or the Virgin of Fatima - a
typical case of the phenomenon on Earth.’
‘It would have to be easier with a single subject than with 10 000.’
‘Not at all. On the contrary, with several people, a chain reaction is produced.
Ever identified a collective illusion?
Can you remember the events before, during and after and the results caused by it.
Rezo

Re: collective illusion

No direct experience w/this...

I wonder if the actual false event one believes he/she is witnessing, afterward, would have 'met' the expectations of the illusion-plan in the persons/people's mind beforehand - or if the mind strains to look for things that aren't there, to fit for a 'possibility' of being there.

If it does meet such past expectation, I find it bewildering that our minds can do this. I suppose its similar to hypnosis in a way?
teradactyl

Re: collective illusion

commercials anyone?
Om Mani Padme Om