Did you read Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Contains polls on questions either directly or indirectly related to the books

Moderator: Moderators

Did you read Thiaoouba Prophecy? If yes, how many times?

Yes, 1 time
26%
Yes, 2 times
11%
Yes, >= 3 times
61%
No, I've never read it
2%

Total votes: 98

ptex

Did you read Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Please vote in the option that refers to you, regarding if you've read Thiaoouba Prophecy.
Post a message if you'd like to add / comment something.
TempUser

Re: Did you read Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Honestly.... :-k

I've lost count! :shock: But I definitely know it's more than 3, and I am so glad that this is so.

Reading anything more than once is a MUST in my opinion, especially if you seek to understand it. I think selective reading is a common habit among the majority of humans on earth and because of this I see why Michel has suggested reading Thiaoouba Prophecy 3 times or more. If you really need an example of the dangers behind the vague assumptions, stereo types, and misunderstandings or misinterpretations that result from such selective reading you can look at the propaganda created by the pioneers of "The Secret".

Of course examples of this are everywhere, and I'm sure you can think of some. Look through such religions as atheism who use their misinterpretation of scientific data as indoctrination. Even some scientist themselves selectively read material existence, as a result of Heisenburg's generally accepted theory.
It's such a misleading direction for any serious researcher that hopes to go in a "superior" direction in their studies!

Unfortunately there are even examples of this proven by some of the readers of the book who use this forum, a lot of the questions that I've seen asked on this forum CAN indeed be found and ARE in the book...for some I guess it's a matter of reading between the lines. If there were less selective readers, I believe it would cut out much of the pointless speculation going on, not just on this forum but in society as well...and it may even give real progress a good budge.

Anyways, in regards to an excerpt taken from what Michel wrote in the postscript that relates to what I'm saying,
"There are three types of readers:

*The first, who form the majority, have said they still don't believe I went to another planet, but have admitted they were moved by the book. In any case they have said, it doesn't really matter whethor or not it happened, what matters is the powerful underlying message.

*The second, is the former sceptic(skeptic) who, having read the book three times in a row, is convinced that my story is factual, and this reader is right.

*The third, is already more evolved from the outset, and knows from the outset that this is a true story. "

After reading it a number of times (probably no more than 10) throughout my life so far, I've been back and forth through the first two types of reader in no particular order... There were times where although I liked the story and I knew the message to be true and important-I was still skeptical and began questioning Tom & Michel's motives(thinking at first they were out to scam people) as well as my own logic(thinking I was irrationally vulnerable). Then there were moments when I was the second type of reader-where I was still sleep walking through life on an inadequate faith based system conditioned onto me but slowly stumbling into a waking state. Of course this is all a long-story short brief kind of recollection that eventually brought me to my sober understanding(all of which I hope to share) thus far of the book, very similar to the third type of reader. I now slightly understand event to a limited extent, why it is imperative to know rather than simply believe-of course this will continue to sound like a broken record for those who are still stuck on believing and lack understanding-only you can get this realization yourself, and once you do it WILL start to make sense.
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
Rezo

Nice Avatar, btw Aaron!

probably have read it 5 times, but after the 2nd time, really, it all kinda stuck in my head fairly easily.

Actually though I only read it twice 'in a row' close together, timewise, then the 3rd time was months later. Having some time to process some of whats in there helped me to look for certain related information later on.
Zio

Heh, I'm the one who only read it once. I will eventually read it again when I'll be more experienced (a.k.a more mature). I know that sounds very lazy, but my thinking processes changed a lot since I read it initially, and not in the sense that I've read the book (I did change my perspective of the universe). As I read it when I was still 15 (now 17), I now see things that I would of never understood before.
You all know this kind of change, especially when you were young. Example to make it clear: you didn't know anything about how society works when you were like 7 years old. You know that young people are often ignorant of things that they can't grasp because they are not ready. It's like making a 10 years old child read 1984 or Brave New World. Sure they would understand most of it, but wouldn't grasp everything because their perspective of the universe (in this case world) is still too young.

So, yes I know that I might of forgot lots of things, but I need some time before reading it again.
shezmear

I actually read the book upwards of 10 times , as well as studied every page, every meaning I could think of....I stopped reading and studying it because it changed little in my life...the problems I face are in my life not in the book....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
shezmear

Knowing the meaning of your life is a bit like having a map, living it is a bit like actually walking the terain on the map, enlightenment in some cases is over rated, I tend to think the real stuff of life is happyness...from my experience this does not always come about by enlightenment..I could be wrong about this, and maybe I still need to work on it but latley I have been able to enjoy life a lot more by not thinking about TP and all that it intails....because the issues it brings to mind are unfixable, and it ends up killing the now....

To happyness... :drunken:
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
soulrider

I just read it again... I've read it more times than I can count :study: I also noticed the copy of Abduction to the ninth planet that I have, is signed by Michel - I forgot I got his sig on this copy :clap:
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
NicolasCriblez

When you read it for the firs time, there are too many details that escape to your attention, and that is why i recommend that it should be read more than three times. is not that there is just too much info, but i think that there are little messages for those who read the book more than once. its very simple really, once you know what is going to happen next, you can stop and analyze the details.
Rezo

I agree, Nicolas.

by the way, welcome!

enjoy your stay here, well, its not a 'real' place, its just on the internet - but take a look around, and dont forget to use the handy search feature.
Zio

Oh ya, my own post reminded me that I have to reread TP for the second time XD Im not a big rereader (in fact never did). But in this case its special. Anyway, I fit into the "*The third, is already more evolved from the outset, and knows from the outset that this is a true story. ", but for the sake of it, I think im mature enough now to read it again.

Oh, and hello Nicolas XD
Untersberger

What is interesting about TP is its the only book that personally I feel compelled to re-read several times since I first came into contact in 1994. Since then I have probably purchased approx ten or more copies and have given them away to people whom I considered to have open minds. It remains forever in my top 5 books.
ronald

What are the other 4 books in your top 5?