Exploring the Higher Self

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

exploring the Higher-self

According to Tom, "...but don't forget that its MAIN role is to provide you with the INDIVIDUAL conscious INTERFACE to The Great Intellect.
Finding and exploring this interface should be one of the MAIN goals in our lives. Whenever you go out of your body - AIM FOR THE LIGHT."

Have you ever explored the Higher-self?
How do you explored?
Have you intention to travel the 'tunnel' to meet your higher-self? If so, what are your reasons that you want to do that? What actually you think you can learn when you are admitted to the higher-self?
Ideas welcome.
Marcus

I have tried a considerable amount of times to visit.

The best conditions were as follows:
Note I have'nt left my body yet:

Meditation most days
Concentration exercises most days
Pure spiritual thoughts and intentions

When I combine the above for a few months I am routinely woken up between 2-5am every night. When I awake I exeperience extreme vibrations commonly associated with an OOBE. At first the vibrations scared me as I could actually feel my astral body trying to exit the physical, it was just as if I was trying to sit up. After a few times I actually could initiate the vibrations, but only in the early hours of the morning. Unfortunately the early 'wake up calls' took their toll during the day, I was just too tired to concentrate at work.

My motives were'nt the best for a visit, it was just out of pure curiosity and I had some personal and universal questions, one of which was the verification of Thiaoouba.

When I try again it will be with much more discipline and far better motives. My motives are unclear at this stage so I can't really answer the question of what I can learn whilst there.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

I have not specifically tried to meet the Higher Self yet, since my life in recent years has been very hectic. Once I had fairly great problems practicing meditation, and I had been very disheartened for a long time (several years) that at the time I did not meet the mere physical conditions for a good meditative session. Nowadays I'm in much better state and I have had several experiences related to OBE over the years all started from partial wake-up after sleep. In possible relation to the HS, at least twice I've been able to fly down a bluish tunnel with a swirling texture of a white grid on it (definitely saw that in great detail and was completely conscious). This tunnel/grid appeared naturally, without my mind imagining anything. Once, before a turn of the tunnel, I saw there was something bright and yellow which illuminated the tunnel walls, but since I felt I'm not ready and do not have enough energy, I cancelled the experience. It could be completely unrelated to the HS though. I've had other OBE experiences in the so-called real-time zone, have experienced chainsaw and motor buzzing in the chakras while I was fully awake and can confirm that we are separate from our physical body which I felt, after one quite vivid experience of separation and perception away from the physical body, was simply a piece of meat that we torture with our poor psyches... Such feelings are unmistakable and unforgettable for at least a day after the occurrence.
I hope that my Higher Self would permit me to have a conversation in the future. But it would hardly be attainable without a severe discipline of pure thoughts and pure actions that Marcus mentioned.
Good luck to everyone, and do report back as I'll do.
bomohwkl

As others, I have not met my higher-self yet.

The closest thing I ever 'encountered' is specific assistance that I ask from my higher-self as I wanted to prove that higher-self does exist.

It was more than errr..5 years when a very close friend influenced me to venture into share market. Having little knowledge of the market and being very young and daring, I 'invested' all my money into the a share. You know what immediately, the price went down hill...and down hill. I bought the share with an impulse. It was a nightmare for me as the money that I have should be used to for educational purpose and my future looks 'dim' and began to worry this and that and I ever have great difficulty concentrating any lectures not to say meditating. I can say it is a HELL. I feel like I am in a HELL. (A hell is a state of mind.) I decided I want peace of mind and I didn't know when I should sell in order to minimize the lost of my money. I meditated and concentrated my request and stating the reasons and challeging HS existence and asking HS to gave me very specific signal for me when exactly to sell it (I asked my HS to induce stomach pain to indicate the timing of the selling). I did it for everyday. You know what, a week later, while I was in the lecture room, I was suffering stomachache suddenly and I sold the share immediately after that. I recopped my 85% of my money.After that the price went down hill again and down hill. I was very grateful for such assiatance.
That's really changed my perception of the world.

I found that if I asked stupid questions and stupid request, I would always felt being scolded in reply. I felt strange at the beginning. Having a chance to superivise a stupid Phd student (who asked non-sense and stupid questions ) let me realized the reasons behind of me getting scolded by HS. I also find that as long as the request is in according to the purpose of the universe and is somewhat out of your control and your HS deems that it is good for your conscious evolution, the request is usually granted. I am now very selective in asking request from my HS and I don't want to be too dependent on my HS if I am able to control the situation without adverse effect in my spiritual progress.

I haven't yet find good reason to meet my HS. I always think what is the point of meeting HS if at the end i hardly can remember the details of it. Hopefully in future I can think a better reason. As Marcus said, CURIOSITY is NOT ENOUGH. WE need to find a GOOD REASON.

I agree with Vesko that I also saw the grind too. The grind is not white but with different shades of blue and the shades of blue changes across the grind. I dont understand what actually it is.
Meedan

Inspired by this very topic, yesterday I tried to communicate a question to my higher-self.
This is the first time I have really formally asked something of my higher-self, and waited in silence for a response. I first had to quickly think of a question, although it now seems like a stupid one, my question was: Since we don't get everything that we ask for, only what we need and what would help us spiritually, shouldn't the higher-self already know what we need in a given situation and already give us those things, making requests redundant? With this full question's meaning (disappointingly unaware of the irony) in mind, I shortened the question:

My Question: "Is it redundant to request things from one's higher-self?"

I then cleared my mind - something I am able to do only for a short time at the moment. I have experience with telepathy, so I already had a technique to try to help figure out if a thought is mine or not. If a thought came to mind, I would push it back out, and continue to wait in silence. If that same thought came back, and if it felt like I would not just think of that thought myself, I would consider that it may be from an outside source.

After only 10-15 seconds, a thought arrived, the word 'recently' came through quite strongly. I discarded it and continued to wait. It came back in more of a full sentence: "What have you asked for recently?".

From what I was feeling, I judged this to be a response and decided to stop and think *** this strange response answered my question.

I think of it as very significant that I did not know how this answered my question for at least 30 seconds of thinking.

What had I asked for recently? Only this answer. Today was my first real question to my higher-self. I may have also 'asked for' answers informally in the past. So I had the answer to my higher-self's question: 'Answers'.

I realised that I had forgotten about requesting answers - which is the same as requesting anything. It is obviously not redundant to ask for answers. This also lead me to many other reasons that answered my question perfectly.

There is always the chance that the response was just my mind randomly thinking something, but I think the chances are quite high that this Q&A session was successful. :)
With Love
Vesko

[snip quote by bomohwkl]

Your experience is very relevant and intriguing. Thanks for sharing it.
bomohwkl wrote:I am now very selective in asking request from my HS and I don't want to be too dependent on my HS if I am able to control the situation without adverse effect in my spiritual progress.
Same here! I think that the HS is a very powerful entity that is working overtime to filter our garbage thoughts and is extremely bored!!!
We should also remember that the Higher Self is developing alongside us, so we should help him (and err... the 'her' side of it as well), and the only way to do it is to help us ourselves.
always think what is the point of meeting HS if at the end i hardly can remember the details of it.
I think it's all about receiving a mere hint. The details are removed, but something remains so that you can have a straw to hold during your independent development.
I agree with Vesko that I also saw the grind too. The grind is not white but with different shades of blue and the shades of blue changes across the grind. I dont understand what actually it is.
Good! Thanks for the confirmation! Good that this discussion is happening. You know what, at the time when such tunnel appeared once or twice in front of me not long ago (2002-2003) without me thinking of any tunnels or vortexes or even reading about them for a lot of time before the occurrence, I thought that it is the so-called astral tube-type structure, named by Robert Bruce in his first book. Having read the book back in 1999, I didn't remember all the details but here they are quoted below for the reference of all. Here are additional relevant details from my experiences before you read the book quote: In all cases, the tunnel appeared by fading in before my closed eyes, and by concentration I was able to make the image more clear. I felt it was easy to move in once I've concentrated on the image, and definitely had a strange feeling in my head (indicating projection exit from there). I heard a steady, loud, turbine-like noise that I assumed was produced by the separation process, but this noise was unlike the more electric ringing I've felt during different experiences. (Now that I think of it, it is said that non-realtime zone projection should not be accompanied by electric ringing, especially if done from a sleepy state). The visual detail was very high and real. In one of the later experiences, when I saw the yellow light beyond a turn in the tunnel, I tried to concentrate even more and I somehow caused the turbine to stutter, that giving me the feeling that I did not have enough energy so I decided to cancel the experience (and that, because I know it's better to integrate physically until you have more energy to remember the experience).

I have Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" opened on page 379 in front of me, and here is what the text reads:
Astral Tube-Type Structure - a more complex tunnel or tubelike structure, containing internal grid lines and geometric patterns, often brightly colored. The grid lines and patterns are internal, thus are not as easily viewed in their entirety as with the astral plane-type of entrance structure. Projectors also usually hear a rushing sound, musical notes, tones and other sounds as they move through an astral tube. These sounds are, I believe, part of the obviously more complex astral tube structure. Moving through a tube usually produces a rushing sound; each exit point passed often produces a change in sound or tones and melodies or a series of complex musical tones.
Projectors can use either of these structures to successfully enter and navigate the astral planes. Which type of structure is perceived appears to be set by the projector's energetic value and angle of perception at the time of projection. The similarities between astral tube-type and plane-type entrance structures indicate that they share an underlying relationship. In both cases, projectors see definite astral structures containing grid lines and colorful geometric designs. Using either type also has the same result. These structures are consistent and will be found unchanged every time the same part of the astral planes is visited ... The tube-type astral entrance structure can thus be thought of as something like a rolled-up astral plane-type entrance structure, but whether rolled up or unrolled it is one and the same thing, just perceived differently
Projectors with strong brow or crown centers often feel themselves leaving their physical bodies through their head or brow areas; they generally perceive a tube-type astral entrance structure. Projectors with strong heart or throat centers usually feel themselves leaving through the front of their physical bodies; they generally perceive a plane-type astral entrance structure
The level of primary energy center activity (chakra activity) affects the complexity of the two basic types of astral-plane entrance structures at the time of projection. For example, a projector with a naturally strong, but only lightly active, brow or crown center at the time of projection may only perceive a very basic tube type astral entrance structure, perhaps black and white, with no colorful embellishments or musical notes and tones. This same projector, projecting at another time, when the brow or crown centers are more energetically active, may perceive a much more elaborate and colorful version of the same astral tube-type entrance structure.
Can the HS appear in an astral environment? Was this it? Now I do not think so, since I have not really asked or imagined anything (my mind was clear from thoughts) and this really must have been a persistent, stable entrance structure with the yellow light probably indicating a possible exit into some part of the persistent astral world. Robert describes in the same book that often, before an exit (one tube can have multiple exits) one receives a short vision of what lies beyond it so that one can choose whether to exit at that point or continue. The yellow light could be also just a pattern in the tube similar to the yellow flowers seen on the planar grid on a plane structure. Do these flowers actually glow? I'll have to check next time. Was the grid pure white in my case? I think so, but while my memory rarely plays tricks on me, I see the grid lines are black in the illustration of a plane structure on the back cover of Robert's book. The grid cell fill color is indeed blue, though. Certainly there would be variations in the range of decorations of the structures themselves both objectively (i.e. a given structure probably allows only a certain range of decorations) and subjectively (the way we perceive them based on energy value, in Robert's terms).

As far as I know, Robert's book is the first one to describe the astral planes - and as I've proved to myself - so far quite accurately!
Vesko

Meedan wrote:My Question: "Is it redundant to request things from one's higher-self?"
Is it redundant to ask your teacher for answers? No, because that way you could understand your assignments better and also you could accelerate your learning. But we, as schoolchildren, better ask precise and relevant (for the situation) questions that we indeed cannot easily work out by ourselves, otherwise we'd be scolded, given a strange look or simply ignored! The HS won't do our homework; they would only give a hint though where necessary.
Also, we must remember that the HS, as any teacher, does have a life to live and learn from by itself. From information in the book, we can conclude that the HS can live nine times faster than we can by design. But what for if it doesn't have enough time to make conclusions and actually learn? It must have time alone for itself to make conclusions, too (not only filter our thought streams ad infinitum and nauseaum). It probably meditates and concentrates, too. By being more powerful than us it probably better allocates resources between filtering and its own internal activities, but still it would hold that the less filtering it has to do, the more time it would have for its own internal learning process.
My mother has told me that when she was a little schoolgirl in the first grades in school she thought that the teachers never needed to go to the toilet! Of course, later she realized the error in her thinking. :lol:
Zark

Hi folks, last night I think had some success whilst meditating and seemed to be able to enter some kind of discussion with my higher self. Of course I am not 100% certain.. how does one know if whether you are just talking to yourself !

In any case, I found that the dead quiet of night to be very helpful. I guess all kinds of noise can interfere with the "transmission"..sounds, electrical noise (?), and especially my own thoughts. I really have to quiet my mind before I can receive anything...

I am racking my brain trying to think of the details though. My memory is bad enough as it is, but trying to recall things that happened around about midnight is a bit too much to ask of my poor brain I guess.

I wonder if there is any way to improve my recall.

with metta, :sunny:
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
bomohwkl

Same here! I think that the HS is a very powerful entity that is working overtime to filter our garbage thoughts and is extremely bored!!!
I think to work in harmony with the higher-self is the way to gain access of information and assistance from higher-self by developing ourselves in accord with the universal laws and the purpose of existence.
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:
I think to work in harmony with the higher-self is the way to gain access of information and assistance from higher-self by developing ourselves in accord with the universal laws and the purpose of existence.
I couldn't agree more. :)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

I dont think im working well with my HS right now. :?

Anyways, its also important to keep in mind the follwing Idea. If you were a teacher, what type of question would you rather respond to, a question that would be a typical question or one thats been heavly considerd or weighed.

In essence I am just saying, the better the question perhaps the better the answer.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Alisima

I think i have contacted my Higher Self in several dreams. I've talked with him, laughed with him, listened to him and even learned from him.

But i cant be sure, it could just be an imagination. A intelligent imagination nevertheless.
Don't read my signature.
Kestrel

I always get the sence that this higherself fella has a sence of humor. :lol:
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

Re: Exploring the Higher Self

I think, it is important to bring you all about this site

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/psyc ... -sign.html

must read........and be inspired.
Robanan

Re: Exploring the Higher Self

Hmmm, I wonder how I managed to miss this topic, thanks bomo for the bump and the nice link there mate. :clap:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.