Exploring the Higher Self

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Naacal

Re: Exploring the Higher Self

After I went to my higherself I felt that I had a lot to learn, and my physical body and this material world is the best environment for my learning. I would say meditate everyday.
ptex

Hi Naacal,
Welcome to this forum!
That's something a few of us can confirm although the bliss we experience while in contact with our HigherSelf (also known as OverSelf) may totally get us by surprise and have us craving to repeat this experience often. This can be a hindrance to achieving the deep meditation that will lead us to the next meeting so we need to be on alert and to be completely free from desires or wishes when meditating.

By the way it's mentioned in another thread of this forum that the works of Dr. Paul Brunton regarding the role of the OverSelf and the way to contact Him in our everyday life, is of extreme importance to everyone interested in this theme.
I'm reading his book "The Secret Path" and it goes exactly in this direction (exploring the contact with our OverSelf), mentioning a simple meditation and breathing exercise to accomplish this.

I must say I don't know any other authors / books that devote such a consistent and precise attention to the OverSelf and exploring our relation with Him as Dr. Paul Brunton!

Any new additions will be most welcome!!!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ptex

Ok, the first new addition is mine :-) Just found it when searching for... OverSelf.

It's mentioned in Lobsang Rampa's web site here: http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html

Here's a small quote:
"Anything you do here benefits your Overself and so benefits you because you are the same thing"

Knowing about the existence of your Overself is hugely important as you are currently only one 10th conscious, whilst your overself is the other nine 10th’s conscious. But what is the 'Overself'?

Before we go any further we should try and establish a platform of understanding; a point of reference, else its pointless going any further as you wouldn't be able to understand.

Most people would like to think that they know what “God” is, and yet the closest being to them; which we could term a God, is their own Overself and they have little or no idea of what it is - or where it is - or that it even exists!

There is a God, a good God, a fair God. But of course God is not the same as a human and it is useless to attempt to comprehend what is God when most people cannot even comprehend their own Overself. Just as you cannot comprehend your Overself, nor can you comprehend the God of your Overself, but that getting into realms quite beyond comprehension whilst existing within the 3rd dimension.(...)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

very interesting indeed ! :)
bomohwkl

I found that Wayne W Dyer is a great communicator with his higher-self. He has published several books. Best check out.
Do check Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life by Wayne W. Dyer
shezmear

I found this interesting...by vesko....the physical body, was simply a piece of meat that we torture with our poor psyches...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
v1ru5

Hello all

I have had strange experiences with the HS. In the past i was in great tormoil with life.
It was almost every day i was expereincing great depressions. Suddenly I picked up a book on god prayers and started reading it. I was working in an office data entering credit card numbers into the office computer, as I worked my 7.5 hours a day i would ask lots of questions about God, what is it? Is it real? Is it intelligent? What is a prophet? Can anybody be a prophet? Whats the significance of spiritual energy, after 2 weeks of continous thought out of no where a greater thought from the back of my mind was dictacting to me. It felt strange, and had no idea weather it was HS or my depression had gotten the best of me into some kind of mental disease. I went along with it, writing many little notes into my PDA. After a week or so of this time slowed down and stopped for me, very strange experience as if time dissapeared and the world was slowly passing by silently. I decided to take a holiday due to the strangeness of the whole event and it all went away. Still today i had no idea what it was. It felt like a higher more wise entity then what i was. And it didnt stopped there. A year later i started contemplating hard, and visualising my self at the very beggining of everything. I heard a boom and a voice. IAM THAT IAM. My whole body was in shivvers, i told the voice that what ever it was, i wasnt ready. The next couple of days I felt extreme bliss as if i was on XTC or somthing. I took another small vacation to get my feet back to earth. So was i imagining this all, or was it HS?
Our emotions rule intellect 3:1, our minds negativity dose much the same with no regard to our optism, could it be that our emotions that prime us is doomed to fail us?
Teda

Viru5,
Were you imagining all this? I bet your answer is no.
If the world was slowly passing you by, the world was at your feet. I had this experience for two weeks and during this time, I couldn't stop laughing - everyone thought I was high on drugs.
Thanks for sharing :thumright:
Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
duster

My experiences with HS have been very profound and have left me in awe of the realms of not only my mind's potential but how far the bounds of reality stretch out across the cosmos. To me, there are no boundaries to reality.
My experiences came on from deep thought on a subject. They took days to manifest. I would brood on a subject until I was satisfied I had fully understood that specific subject. That is just how I am.
Anyway, I had this idea in my mind that had come to me. I wanted to know anything and everything, and everything is possible and the possibilities are endless. I thought about this 'theory" continuously and the more I thought about it the more logical and possible it became. This idea opened up a preverbial hornet's nest in my minds eye.
Before this event happened I would write down in journals all my thoughts. It is sort of like my meditation. It purges the mind of unwanted thoughts and thought patterns. It is like I have prepared my mind for higher concious levels without even realising it.
It took a lot of time to get my head around what I had asked for. I can only describe it like everything that has ever happened and ever will was forced into the front of my conciousness and if you picked out one bit of the puzzle and focussed on it, it would start morphing into ever changing possibilities. It was like all your ideas were alive and each one had it's own unique idiosyncrasities and was idependant of my other thoughts but they were all intertwined. They had to be because if they did not all harmonise together and exist together what I had asked for would not work. It was like I was being directed by a teacher of immense understanding of the universe. You also got the feeling, "This is what you asked for and you are not allowed to rest until you come up with a solution to your idea."
Over the period of about a month I grappled with this idea in my head. During this time I had numerous amounts of visions of the future. I was solving complex theories in my mind about everything. At that time, everything made perfect sense. I felt like an intellectual giant. There was nothing I could not work out. Some of the theories I was solving where hilarious. While I was working them out in my mind I was in fits of laughter. Every problem that faces man today could be solved. It felt unbelieveable. I felt like I had become a genius on everything overnight.
Anyway this experience was extremely enlightening. It left me with the profound realisation that anything is possible. Absolutely anything is possible. At the end of this intense learning experience I was overwhelmed with love and bliss which took about half an hour to come on and last about ten minutes.
There is so much more I haven't elaborated on because what you do learn from your HS is for you to develop your understanding of yourself and the world around you and where you fit into the grand scheme of things. I saw visions of possibilities for the future. It can go either way. It is up to us to become more tolerant and accepting of everyone on the the planet. No predjudices of any sort. We all have to totally free our minds of the misconceptions that have been instilled in our minds since our first perceptions of our lives. We are not born with hatreds or predjudisms so why take them on? Your own view of life can be oppressing your ability to think freely. Open your mind above these negative thought patterns and give your mind the chance to expand your conciousness to levels of understanding that you did not think possible in your wildest dreams.
You will be mystified by the responce.
We are all capable of this mind shift. :welcome:
joao vieira

I also saw that tunnel, had not read TP nor TFoC and did not knew about higher self, was at the time very interested about extraterrestrial life and had come to learn the decadence of our society, I was feeling lonely asking myself why i was here and why is there a god? there could have been nothing...

But I was in the middle of traffic, for better reference I was just entering Ponte 25 de abril, while i was thinking on the above i felt myself "going back" and then entered that tunnel, needless to say not only i had my eyes open but it scared me a bit and i was back instantly, my first thought after? " as soon as i get home i will try again " well i didn't, i forgot.

I had never read or heard about higher selves or tunnels of light, and quite frankly i do not think i hallucinated the situation my view is that i was thinking in the best direction ( understanding ) and that i was rewarded even though at the time i had not enough understanding to reach this conclusion. and i just might be wrong :)

What do you think?
I would like some feedback.

I will start to meditate but am intrigued as to why it is so important to have a teacher, my aim will be feeling REAL love with at least the same intensity i sometimes "hate" certain things.

Why is it SO EASY to hate with so much intensity and so hard to love with that same intensity?

I know, our society brings out the worse in every human being while it sabotages the best but i am still intrigued.
ronald

Hate is often portrayed as the opposite of love.
If you think about it, it is not at all an opposite.
Love, as a thing that can only be learned, stands outside emotions such as hate.
It is then easily realized not many have even glimpsed at love in their entire lives, hence all the romance and talk about it.
So many in their refusal to open up and give, will never receive.

If one cannot give love, don't expect any free quantity in return of the nothing that was given.
It's more a matter of ability and since we start at the beginning here at category 1, we begin with nothing.

For an un-evolved being the feeling of hate is the cheapest option to cover the lack in ability to give love. Simply because he/she doesn't KNOW better how to handle the pain that is slowly breaking open their inner being.

Ask your HS for an example, I'm sure it'll become an interesting experience.
joao vieira

Well i know for sure i haven't glimpsed at love, Ronald can you post an example of "giving love"?

I will try to ask my HS for an example of love to see what happens next.
ronald

:) I'm not going to do that. But thank you for asking, it's a good question!
If I think about it from my experiences if I were to describe them, certainly some reading would be offended and i don't wish to upset any-body. And since most focus around very particular persons which are dear to me, I must respect their wish as well.
Besides these, there is only one experience of giving love that stands out which I one day hope to share. To understand, it requires some background to be explained first. Putting it in words would be off topic at the moment. (..and would take a long time writing down too.)

But let's get back to our HS topic.
joao vieira

Very well i respect your privacy.
I think i get your point some people might have an entirely different view of what love is, there really is no right or wrong.

HS: Well what do you think about my little experience described above? When i said "eyes open" i meant by no way to say i saw the tunnel with my eyes but that i did had my eyes open although i am sure this vision had nothing to do with my eyes but with my mind.

Why is it so important to have a meditation teacher? In the book it clearly says our best teacher is our HS.
bomohwkl

"giving love"?
Love him when he was in desperation, he was angry and he was rejecting you. Love him because he had made a terrible mistake in the past. Love him because he was bad in the past. Support him when he was attempting to be strong to overcome his past terrible mistake. Show him the way. Love him even he ejected your way or don't listen to it. Love him even he didn't trust your advice.......