seeing colors while meditating

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

strangelove

seeing colors while meditating

most of the time it is blue, like the one on number 4 here on left side logo. sometimes it varies from number 2 to 5, can someone explain it if possible?

thanks,

love,

sven
Alisima

Open eyed or closed eyed meditation?
Don't read my signature.
strangelove

closed eye...
Alisima

Can you tell me something about when and how this blue manifests? Is your mind quiet, or is it rambling on? Are you comfortable, or agitated? Are you in deep meditation or just in a shallow one? Have you always seen blue or is it something that has developed lately? Has it ever been another color, besides nr. 2 to 5, like 8-9 for instance?
Don't read my signature.
Teda

I've seen many colours, mainly pulsating in patterns, with eyes open and closed. Blue-green is a common colour I see in my own aura with my eyes open. I see blue more on babies than on adults. When I see blue around people's head, they are often speaking passionately about a particular topic, often speaking from the heart – they are fun to listen too when it happens. When I receive the colour blue with eyes closed or open, it usually means general healing, unlike the pure white light. The meaning of colours might be different to you - I can only testify my own experience. Enjoy it! You can intensify it too.

Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
alexH

Hmmm, is the colour in any way preventing you from meditating?
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Matt

I've concluded that this is most likely you seeing your own aura. While I don't know the science behind it(no one on our planet does), I'm guessing that the lack of visible light stimulation allows the vibrations of the aura to leak easier into the visible spectrum; for instance, imagine being able to only see ripples in water of 1cm in height or higher. You drop a rock(representing a photon of visible light) and it creates large waves in a pond regardless if the pond is disturbed or not beforehand. If the pond is still, however, and you drop many smaller pebbles(vibrations of the aura) they will create a large wave the size the rock made.

I see a purple-pink blotches/clouds that grow until they fill my vision, and then fade into black. They are sometimes accompanied by a golden, slightly orange mist(sometimes, however, it's yellow instead) that fills the interior of the purple-pink blotches. Also some blue flames surround the purple-pink. I also noticed that if I focus on a specific thought, such as a tree or a leaf, other colors will intrude such as a weak green.
Essene

Intriguing......

I myself notice purple like colors when I close my eyes, especially after just waking up. After waking up I usually see a purple vortex swirling in a clockwise direction. The highest experience I've had was after just waking up I saw a vivid shape like that seen on a chakra charts. Like a many petaled lotus.

I will experiment with focusing on thoughts.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Rezo

when i concentrate i usu. see a bright star in the middle of my vision - sometimes flickering brightly, sometimes seeing other stars around it. usu pretty far away, s/t closer.

with meditation, sometimes I see 'tubes' of purple and green, going 'away' from my field of view. sometimes a flash of yellow gets in there too.
Matt

What I find intriguing about this is that everyone I've ever asked about this who meditated, the colors they saw were their own favorite colors. My friend, who's favorite colors are green and indigo, is what she sees when she meditates.
alexH

Rezo wrote:when i concentrate i usu. see a bright star in the middle of my vision - sometimes flickering brightly, sometimes seeing other stars around it. usu pretty far away, s/t closer.

with meditation, sometimes I see 'tubes' of purple and green, going 'away' from my field of view. sometimes a flash of yellow gets in there too.
That may be what you percieve as your higher self.
have you tried to approach it?

What I find intriguing about this is that everyone I've ever asked about this who meditated, the colors they saw were their own favorite colors. My friend, who's favorite colors are green and indigo, is what she sees when she meditates.
That's pretty cool, it could be an easy way to distinguish your auric colours. By matching surroundings with these colours that you see, i'm guessing they'll be even more vivid during meditation, and your well-being will increase. So far i'm having a little trouble meditating, but the colours that i usually see, even when not meditating are green.

When i was litle, i remember that I would press my hands against my eyes with some pressure, and i would see all these patterns and colours. They were usually green, with others associated with it. I don't think this is good for your eyes :P, but i tried it again today and i saw green. When i focused on a blue sky, i saw a little bit of blue here and there, so i think thoughts affect this.

Maybe this is what your aura is like in the current state?

Gautama Buddha
Rezo

yea actually ive tried a few times.

came close well, close as in I 'felt' id be close, once I was out of body, but I never acually could consciously and successfully project. I think this is involved, so -- I could feel weird vibrations in my limbs a little bit [not much], had a faster heart a little, and 'weight' on chest. Also saw the silver thread, even!! But fear kept me from getting out. I have to get past it. The tube effect I described for me, I think is the tunnel 'texture' - but this time i def saw the silver thread. And I was close to getting out, I know I was. The light was much closer to me [it appeared noticably larger in my field of vision].

I think there were 'others' there with me, 'helping' me to get out, but I still had too much [not like a whole lot mind you] fear. So, gotta keep trying. S/t I can even percieve the white light [small version], with my eyes open, its faint, it flashes, if ithere arent too many lights around Im aware of it. I can lightly close my eyes and get 'bathed' a bit with it. May have had something to do with the fact that I felt drained from the day, might not have had enough grounded energy to ignore the fear of the sensations. I'm generally a bit of a 'sensitive' person so this is my barrier I guess.

usu my best tries happen at least at 3 am or later.
Essene

Interesting Rezo...

I myself have only felt tingling in my body and also a quickening of the heart but nothing else... Although I also have a little bright light like a little star which is always in the same point of my vision. I have had experiences at night looking into pitch black and still being able to see it so I can also see it with my eyes closed.

Can you please tell me how you yourself go about trying to project, I would be very interested in getting to the stage of seeing a silver thread...
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
alexH

yeah that IS interesting, and it seems as though you need to explore this fear and get past it.

Only time i ever see the light is when i concentrate on the inner sound.
today after meditation i tried to listen, and after about 30 seconds it became so loud that i got a bit scared and thoughts got back into my head. I also saw a light that was very faint and distant, but once i lost focus i couldn't get it back :(

Gautama Buddha
TempUser

Wow, sounds like you got close Alex.
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko