Astral time travel possible?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Astral time travel possible?

I've recently finished reading the book "Living on Love - The Messenger" (book is downloadable for free here). There the author refers his experiences with astrally traveling into the future and the past quite easily and actually changing events there. The concept of time is explained, or demonstrated, as astrally non-existent. Some of us may remember from TP that in Earth's parallel universe time didn't exist therefore we may have a first "clue" as to time only existing in this physical plane or universe of ours.

This raises an interesting possibility that reincarnation can happen exactly at a time which is most suitable for the Astral being according to what's agreed with the respective HS. But can this be so? At first it seems to me that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but let's consider this possibility and try to analyze it a bit further.

I'm basically skeptical towards the possibility of timeless reincarnation because it seems to me things would be a complete mess if we reincarnated back and forth in time. This means that events regarding the future would be constantly changing (and somehow they are) and for instance I may never be writing this text after all.

We're so much used to the apparent linearity of time that thinking outside the box thus becomes quite challenging.

For one thing the future doesn't exist only until it becomes the present and immediately after it turns into past. What happens here? The experience becomes "engraved" or "recorded" into our consciousness (astral being) and is thereafter a part of us of who we are. Does it seem possible that we can change this? That after living (experiencing) something we can go back in time (even if astrally influencing things) and change something there, still knowing where we were before things changed?

I've read extensively that spiritual Masters through ages affirm that time is an illusion.

Klaus Joehle (author of Living on Love) refers traveling into the future and learning events like (for example) future lottery numbers which him (confirmed by other people who have read and applied information in the book) keeps doing in a more or less continuous way (there are several factors involved that need to be understood first). Klaus further mentions visits from his future self with a specific purpose in mind.

Imagine you'd be able to astrally time travel into the past and change certain events there by interacting with people and influencing things in a certain way. It seems that ultimately unknowingly we could provoke our own disappearance from our current existence if we messed too much with this possibility. Can this be possible only within certain limits (natural / universal law?). I don't foresee an easy way for us to conceive this idea because we simply don't know enough about life to know the impact it would have to change even the slightest detail of anything that happened in the past.

The way I have thought so far is that every single happening in our life makes absolute sense. Everything being by either conscious or unconscious choice.

I remember the passage in TP regarding the "river of oblivion". Knowing our future could be harmful in a way that it could prevent our learning of important spiritual lessons and thus having to re-learn them "later on" under different circumstances.

On the other side, there are a few practices that seem to support the idea that the time and space barrier / concept can be "broken". Reiki, for instance. On the second level of Traditional Reiki (which I did very recently) we learn to break precisely time and space, being able to send Reiki energy anywhere in the future or past and independent of physical location, meaning that it can be done to someone or something physically distant.

Scientists have been proving that remote healing is indeed a fact. So one barrier is down: space! One very interesting resource to explore regarding leading edge experiments in this field is "The intention experiment".

But, although scientists discuss theoretically the concepts of time travel when it comes to doing experiments involving time I'm not aware of any successes here. The only vaguely similar thing that comes to mind is the infamous Philadelphia Experiment.

Somehow I struggle with this concept of time traveling. I get the idea that changing real life events seems to somehow contradict spiritual evolution and natural law. But can this be so? Can it be that we have indeed the possibility to break the barriers of time and space in order to induce changes and still learn our lessons, evolve and accomplish our mission in life? The theory of an intelligent self adapting and correcting universe seems to support this.

I realize I'm writing regarding a highly subjective and controversial issue and based on things I've mostly read about and taking my own conclusions about it but little or actually nothing regarding my own personal experience on this subject.

Where does this leave me exactly: with the recognition that I still have so much to learn and experience.

P.S. For all those interested a great free course on Astral Travel & Lucid Dreaming can be found here.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
survivor

Interesting, But should you be successful on changing the past, let me know. I have a few grandfinal sport scores that I would like "corrected"! :shock: :lol: :P
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
alexH

You think something like this can change big historical events? like hitler for example?
If you use the method of sending love and you go back to that time when hitler was raised without love, you think that might change the course of this planet?
I doubt that :?
but it would be cool if you could
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
ptex

This concept challenges my perception and in my current limited understanding I decided not to pursue time-traveling either in astral or any other way. Nevertheless I believe the capability to change events in the past, if existent, is very dim and only able to affect some minor things about our own life. I wonder how would the psychosphere (akashic records) register this? What event would be registered after all if it's changed later on?

One thing I know we can do regarding concentrating on love and which affects both our past and our future: the way we feel about some events. This is directly linked with love and forgiveness / acceptance.

Major historical events are way too unlikely otherwise given our current civilization status we could consider 2 scenarios:
1) nobody in the future will be enough spiritually evolved to be able to change the "nasty" events of history;
2) we're already living in the best possible reality after the major "nasty" events have been changed (what events would those be - that's a frightful idea).

If it was possible we should never see unworthy historical events (as we know them) and would probably be living somewhere in a paradisaical place very much like MU (or how we picture it).

This doesn't make sense to me. Experiencing extremes seems to be part of our growing up and we'd never be able to experience some of the contrasts in our lives. I realize that a lot of unanswered questions and issues remain here but maybe it's better to leave them like that.

I started reading the second book of the "Living on Love" series and right in the beginning Klaus (the author) mentions getting involved in a great deal of confusion. The feeling I got is that it's easy to loose ourselves there, specially our mental sanity. So better concentrate only on love :D
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
alexH

aha yea i was confused in some parts while reading the messenger of love.
Sending love... hmmm
I remember one quote, it was that "your scientists yet have to discover that love is a particle"
That got me thinking a bit, since i also read Chalko's book "Mt. Best Cookbook" -- i recommend anybody to read it, its quite fascinating.

In the book, an old man, concentrated on love for a glass of water. Here's how it went
Tom took some tap water, drank some and it tasted awful. The old man then began concentrating, with his right (or left, can't remember) over the cup, that he was taking away all the bad things away from the water, whether he knew what it was or not.

Then he switched hands, and imagined that the water was benificial to humans in every way, and concentrated on loving and accepting the water for what it was. Once he got shivers, that's when he finished concentrating.

Tom tasted the water, and to his surprise, it tasted very pleasant and had the smell of fresh air.

Tom also has an article that states that "there's virtually no difference between thought and matter, because matter is 99.9 empty space (by that i mean in atoms), so thoughts can become matter and matter become thoughts"

You can view it at http://nujournal.net/choice.html

So love is actually a particle? I think more that everything is a particle / wave?, like electrons, since everything is stored in electrons.

:S
You can download the free ebook for mt best cookbook at bioresonant.
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha