Is Marijuana harmful for spirituality?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

Re: Is Marijuana harmful for spirituality?

Since we don't really know what this ''other sphere'' our astral body ends up in, when its getting harmed [thats spoken of in TP], first should be to look at what more familiar systems are effected; caffeine, is a CNS stimulant [excitatory effects] and works by 'tricking' the brain that an emergency [fight or flight] is occurring, to get energy to increase. Cacao's related [Theobromine]. You may know, it changes levels of certain neurotransmitters [including dopamine, one of the feel good chemicals]. As far as the longer term negative physical effects, it could stress adrenals. its naturally occurring also, in herbs like Guarana [elevated], or Kola nut. http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread ... t=caffeine [also yerba mate but less, about 85 mg / 6-8 oz cup, roughly]. The question is, when you drink it, are you putting your consciousness into a "sphere where it does not belong,"? i.e., are changes occurring from such ingestion, that would not otherwise take place, which are 'astrally' detrimental?

I always suspected when Thaora explained about the weak electrical current in the brain that connects physical to astral bodies and higher self [p.165], that she was talking about a certain part of the brain. "Your Astral body transmits and receives messages, by means of these electrons, through the channel of your brain, to, and from your Higher-self. Information is being transmitted without you being aware of it, thanks to a weak electric current from your brain in harmony with your electrons." However the brain is complicated. And she well could have meant that *all* of it, is important, citing 'from' your brain, and, 'channel'...so, the varying brain structures/functions and interactions, producing the various feedback loops, which happen in a wide variety of areas in the brain, may yield such specific weak current, to be observed.

An interesting thread here, although no definitive answers are yet presented: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8486 [coffee affecting astral projection ability?] I'm not really sure, I do avoid coffee though, for a long time. Me I never was crazy about it. Ive read it can interfere mildly with remote viewing or AP [astral projection], but there's so much written either way, about coffee. An interesting book, by Arthur Powell, called "the astral body" discusses some of these, but its dated [example: "There is reason to believe that electrons are astral atoms. Physicists state that a chemical atom of hydrogen contains probably from 700 to 1000 electrons. Occult research asserts that a chemical atom of hydrogen contains 882 astral atoms." [p.5]] !!! My observation is that its not healthy physically [liver, kidney, colon], and since its not that far from adrenaline itself, Id say it is better to avoid long term.

Astral wise, what goes on, again, I don't really know. Since caffeine potentiates its time in the system, and dopamine and norepinephrine are increased in such a way that *may* short-circuit nature, it could be problematic. Like this; say, In nature, something loud or dangerous happens, its quick, and you dont just go into fight or flight, but this is triggered by audio and olfactory senses, and visual triggers, that something clearly is wrong. With a food or drug that does it, such triggers are not there, which might be the reason...differentiating this of course, from other ways modern life tricks us, like being late for work looking at a clock thinking 'im late!!!' [by a little time even just] with such vigor and speed, suddenly you have lot of energy! ! Is this harmful to astral body? You would argue, probably not. Stress also, in very high amounts can induce hallucination, just as starvation could, or lot of coffee, could. However coffee probably can induce nervous system changes faster than stress, starvation, or overthinking. My preference is I just avoid it. It comes down to personal choice..
Aeon Psyche

Re: Is Marijuana harmful for spirituality?

I noticed an increase in selfishness in a lot of former friends. As i see selfishness as one of love's opposites i dont like people being selfish. Ive smoked cannabis a lot in my youth but traumas that occured to me made the effect different for me now. I get anxious and paranoid even if i realise it is only paranoia. Ive quit cannabis and cannabinoids years ago. And yes, its harmfull spiritually.