Experiences with Auras

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Aisin

Colours & Auras

I'm bothered by this observation. The auras of colours proposed by RB (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=249) and auric pairs of colours proposed by Tom (http://www.thiaoouba.com/aura_eye_exercise.htm) don't seem to coincide with each other. For example, Tom says red gives turquoise aura, but RB says the auric colour of red is green. Open up the 2 webpages side by side to compare, and you'll get what i mean.

I'm able to see the aura of colours in the exercises proposed by both Tom & RB on their respective web pages, and I see a glow around human heads or objects on and off, when i concentrate and with a period of pratice. But i haven't experimented with every single colour to verify which is more true than the other. Anyone able to shed some light on this?
Robanan

The colour of the aura you see on the exercises differ depending on the background colour you apply to your exercise. Tom and RB have clearly applied different "experiment conditions". When I applied a "white" background to my exercises I got Tom's results.

Tom Explains:
"In concentration exercises 1 and 2 we noticed that real colors are surrounded with Auras of different colors. These auric colors are not random. Following is a list of Auric Pairs of colors for all clean colors of the rainbow (monochromatic colors)."
Further clarifies:
"The above table applies also to intermediate colors, for example yellow-green color gives a pink-violet aura. Note, that above Auric pairs are DIFFERENT than complementary color pairs, "color wheels" and "color spaces" promoted by the science and art on Earth. Every child can confirm that auric pairs listed above are true."
Then Presents his observations:
"A good look around will prove that the Nature is very fond of Auric Pairs. Take any red colored bird and you can be sure, that this bird will have turquoise body parts too. The same applies to blue-orange, yellow-violet and pink-green combinations, not only in birds, but in fish, butterflies, flowers etc.. - anything which is vividly coloured by Nature. Occasionally you will see “the next best” color instead of a perfect auric match. Have you noticed that MOST of flowers on Earth that grow on trees and are surrounded by GREEN leaves are either violet, pink(purple) or red? Auric Pairs in Nature are very stimulating, and frequently induce an overwhelming feeling of beauty and happiness."
While it is "not clear" to me how RB actually got the results he claims to be correct. I didn't read all the article he has written about auras.

I wish I could upload to my post some of the color experiments I created to examine the phenomena for myself. In the meantime you can experiment with the online aura viewing toolprovided by Robert Bruce.

I have got some Ideas about more experiments I can create. I will keep you all informed about the results.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Yes, I noticed it earlier on. You can do experiments yourself and conclude what colors create what sort of aura-colors. Although I don't "believe" in this theory and I think that the aura-colors that are mentioned, both by Robert Bruce and Tom Chalko, are simply afterimages. I believe aura's cannot be see by human eye's, but that the actual seeing is done by the brow-chakra.

When you try to see an aura, you remain staring at a single point in space. It is this process which creates afterimages, due to colour depletion in the cones. However, it is not the afterimages which are interresting, they are simply inverted colours. The trick is to see with the Third Eye. I conclude this from the fact that aura also can been seen with your eyes closed.

Furthermore, afterimages are indeed seen due to the colour depletion and are not due to something else, as Robert Bruce suggested on his website. http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=250 In fact, I've have done some experimenting with this. Do you remember the green/red 3D-glass, also called stereoglasses?? Well, keep them on for 5 min, or so. After that you will notice that when you close your left eye that the other eye has an inverted red colour superimposed on whatever you stare at, also, ofcourse, the right eye will have an inverted green colour superimposed on the envirnoment. If you are capable of switching between dominating brainhalves, something you learn with the concentration exercise of Tom Chalko, you can, while staring at a white wall for instance, superimposed the inverted red or inverted green on the white wall, and make the wall turn green or red. This suggests that colour depletion is indeed the case when you stare at the same color for too long. And this process also happen when you try to see aura's, or whenever you simply stare at something.
Don't read my signature.
Aisin

Thank you for sharing your insight guys, guess that'll be some additional motivation for me to find time to practice :D
Leventis

Even though I haven't been doing the exercise daily I have become better. Even from the first times I started doing better. Now I am able to do it without the finger.. This has made me focus on different places within space and an object. It really cool to sort of have full control of your eyes.. I am able to switch from one to another... sometimes not that much. Meditation helps a lot :)
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
bomohwkl

I have not taken time and effort to see aura of people. But I have to say most science lecturers are yellow around the head. I think that corresponds to intellectual activity....
Lena

for a long time I could see light around people's skin but I couldn't see different colours, but now, I guess from continuous practice, I can see colours. when I look at my arm it's aura is usually blue-green. I can almost immediately see the light around my fingertips but I have to look longer then close my eyes to see the colors.

what are your interpretation of colors for those who see them? I'm not sure what they mean. I've heard different things from different people and websites.
Vesko

Lena, I can confirm exactly what you are seeing. I have a similar level of ability. In addition, at this level of ability you should be seeing the aura (auric counterpart) of any colour, including those on a computer screen. I think the green-blue colour is present mainly because of the colour of the human skin and the blood under it. If you look carefully around the head, you should more easily see, and likely you already do, other auric colours that certainly do not stem from the hair colour.

Alisima, those are absolutely not afterimages. In all honesty, I see those colours without any delay -- the moment I see my arm I see them. The only words you could object with is "You need to have your eyes checked".

Aisin, I have carefully observed various colours and what colour corresponds to them as their aura, and have come to the conclusion that an auric colour pair consists of a colour and its inverse colour (I think I have not read or heard it from others -- please say if you have already discovered or know that from elsewhere). The same holds for afterimages. To compute the inverse of a colour, we need to know the value of the greatest colour intensity, and subtract the intensity value of each colour component (according to the model used to describe the colour) from that value. For example, according to RGB colour model, which has 3 components, the maximum intensity value is 255. Then the brightest blue is described by (0, 0, 255) and its inverse is (255 - 0, 255 - 0, 255 - 255) = (255, 255, 0) = yellow. So we do not need to blindly believe Tom's and Robert's publications, we can calculate the exact colours ourselves. Maybe we should make an inverse colour table and even point out any errors in the above sites. But first, of course, you need to verify the abovesaid things yourselves.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lena

Vesko wrote:Lena, I can confirm exactly what you are seeing. I have a similar level of ability. In addition, at this level of ability you should be seeing the aura (auric counterpart) of any colour, including those on a computer screen. I think the green-blue colour is present mainly because of the colour of the human skin and the blood under it. If you look carefully around the head, you should more easily see, and likely you already do, other auric colours that certainly do not stem from the hair colour.
I'm not sure if I trust mirrors. are they really accurate? I looked just now and the aura I see around my head in the mirror is about the same as I see it on my arms except I had to look longer to see it.
Vesko

Mirrors are accurate with respect to auras, as far as I have experienced. With a little more training you should certainly be able to discern other colours away from the head, even if they are only momentary flashes.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Aisin

Vesko, thank you for your input. It has just led me to an explanation of why there's disparity in the colours of the auric pairs proposed by them. They could have done their respective observation under different lighting.

Using the RGB model we can only get a close approximation of the auric pair colours, closest to the colour as seen under artificial white light. The colour of objects in nature as seen under the sunlight would differ slightly, as natural light is made up of 7 colours of the rainbow.

Anyway, that's a good suggestion and good tool to use, would help a lot.
Bastian

Auras VS Retinal Fatigue

It is possible that most people who say they see auras are actually experiencing a phenomenon called 'Retinal Fatigue'. Even the 'Auric Pairs' could be due to retinal fatigue as different colours will over-stimulate different receptors, making them tired and temporarily less active.
from google cache of: http://rhs.rocklin.k12.ca.us/pmorrison/ ... tivity.htm

1. Visual Purple

If you did the exercise Visual Purple, this will make sense, if not... Visual Purple is another name for Rhodopsin, which is the chemical formed in your eyes that is responsible for "night vision". It can make your eyes 30 times more sensitive to light than when the chemical is absent. The reason that it is not always present is because it is light sensitive and breaks down in the presence of light. In this exercise we shut out all light for about 10 minutes and went outside into the sunlight and "took Polaroid pictures" with our eyes. The rhodopsin present in high concentration leaves a lasting image which you can see with your eyes closed.
[...]
4. Blind Spot & Retinal Fatigue (follow this link to see your blind spot) (follow this link to witness retinal fatigue)

Blind spot is an surprising circumstance of the eye. The spot where the optic nerve (which sends info from the eye to your brain) attaches to the back of your eye, has no receptors, and thus is a "blind spot". You can find the blind spot by using the the image at the link above. The more interesting part of this is why you don't often (likely never) notice your blind spot. It is because you brain is so awesome, that when it doesn't actually have the information present (the blind spot) it fills in the scenery with whatever it thinks should go there. It kind of "fills in the blanks". Thus you may never even notice it's there!

Retinal fatigue is more like the visual purple phenomenon. If you stare at an image long enough, it temporarily "burns in" a temporary image in your retina. Actually it fatigues certain receptors which is why instead of seeing the actual image, you come up with a sort of negative image. Try it with the picture of the American flag at the second link above.
Following is a list of Auric Pairs of colors for all clean colors of the rainbow (monochromatic colors).

red gives turquoise aura, turquoise gives red aura
orange gives blue aura, blue gives orange aura
yellow gives violet aura, violet gives yellow aura
green gives pink aura, pink gives green aura
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

Here is an experiment to try late at night when there is little ambient light to confuse your results, follow these steps:
a) Wait till late at night.
b) Turn off all the lights in the room.
c) Open up a paint program (eg. in MS Windows go to Start => Programs => Accessories => Paint)
d) Fill the screen with pure bright green.
e) stare at the centre of the screen for 30 seconds. (Drawing a dot in the centre of the image helps give you something to focus on)
f) Now stare at something black - eg: Turn off your monitor.

Now write down your observations (you might need to turn a light on for this :) ) and compare with Chalko's observations (Should be pretty similar)
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

More skeptic stuff at these links:
http://skepdic.com/auras.html
http://skepdic.com/comments/aurascom.html

OK here is another "how to see aura's" page, another experiment for me to try. In the middle of the night you just turn of the lights and then .. .. ..
3. Try fixing your attention on your hands while focusing your eyes on the bedroom wall. The hands will appear out of focus but this will help you get the knack of the way to look.

4. Now very slowly bring the fingertips of each hand towards each other until they are very close but not touching. The aura will appear as fine lines of blue and red light between the finger tips. You can try the same again just using the index fingers of both hands.

5. As you draw the hands apart you will see the streams of energy connecting each finger. Imagine the energy increasing and you will see the light glow brightly. Bringing the fingers tantalisingly close together in this way seems to increase the auric flow. It's just like when you bring two opposite poles of magnets together: you feel the attraction suddenly increase as the fields unite.
quoted from : http://www.psychics.co.uk/aura/aura_see.html
Vesko

Bastian, thank you for posting skeptic stuff. We are participating on a free and open forum. It is crucial to consider differents points of view so that we can be more confident we do not ignore something when we make conclusions.