Experiences with Auras

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Bastian

Vesko wrote:Bastian, thank you for posting skeptic stuff. We are participating on a free and open forum. It is crucial to consider differents points of view so that we can be more confident we do not ignore something when we make conclusions.
I had second thoughts, but I had to post what I had read as it could be important - despite the obvious bias and closed-mindedness of the commentary on skepdic.com .
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Alisima

Bastian wrote:Here is an experiment to try late at night when there is little ambient light to confuse your results, follow these steps:
a) Wait till late at night.
b) Turn off all the lights in the room.
c) Open up a paint program (eg. in MS Windows go to Start => Programs => Accessories => Paint)
d) Fill the screen with pure bright green.
e) stare at the centre of the screen for 30 seconds. (Drawing a dot in the centre of the image helps give you something to focus on)
f) Now stare at something black - eg: Turn off your monitor.
Those are just aftereffects. Normally we don't pay much attention to them, but when you do, the filters in your brain adjust themselves. Those are not aura's.

What is more interesting are the effects you get from an eyes-open-meditation. If done correctly you start to see 'clouds' of colors, red, green, purple, pink, all moving around. Although the colors do depend on the degree of light in the place where you are practising it, if done at night, you probably get only black, which is beautifull too.

The opacity of these 'clouds' can vary between almost transparent to full opaque. In case of the full opaque 'clouds' you CAN'T see anything but these 'clouds', eventhough your eyes are fully open.

So far I don't understand there causes, they are not due to aftereffects since you don't move your eyes. Whatever the underlying mechanism, I think they are the cause of our visual dreams because I sometimes see whole scenes emerge from these 'clouds'. I say visual dreams because just before dreams get visual they are just little dream stories, with no visual information whatsoever, similar to a book, you do have an idea about it, but it is all non-visual.

If you are a lucid dreamer you won't have to meditate in order to see these 'clouds'. Just like I said above, these 'clouds' are the cause of the visual part of our dreams. So whenever you are in a dream, just stop dreaming. It may sound hard, but it is actually not when you are lucid enough. Anyhow, when you do stop dreaming the complete dream stops and you are left in a void with the same clouds as in a eyes-open-meditation, although perhapse somewhat less intesive. But you have to be completely passive about them, otherwise you wake up, or start dreaming again. I myself have not yet prolonged my stay in this void beyond a mere 20 seconds, it is hard not to think.
Don't read my signature.
alexH

heh looks like nobody posted here in a while
hope nobody minds if i do

I can't really see an aura, its just like...an image that fits in the place of what i was watching, but coloured. If i stand perfectly still and try to look at my aura in the mirror, i dont see anything (except a really thin outline of some colour) . I only see colours when i move around or move back, then a halo is around my whole head. I'm not sure if this is an aura.

Any experiences liek this?
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
alexH

I found another way to increase your auric sight, temporarily.
Here's what i do.
I go in front of a mirror, (sitting on a chair, because it's easier than standing), close your eyes and relax completely. Then, simply focus on the ringing in your head, the inner sound. Sometimes i'm not quite sure if its the inner sound, but theres a slight ringing to it, so i simply listen to it.
Listen to it for a while.

Then, open your eyes slowly, and begin observing your aura with the normal excersize. I found that this greatly increases exposure, as well as i only have to look at an object for about 1-2 seconds and i see the afterimage/snapshot.

However, this ability, for me, only lasts about 1-2 minutes after opening my eyes.
Hope somebdy tries this, and leaves some feedback about whether it works for you or not:)

Gautama Buddha
Rezo

im like you, i only see afterimages - i can get to the point of seeing the [non-changing w/no body movement] afterimage pretty quick...

auras however i havent yet been able to really 'see'. ill try your suggestion.
Matt

Alisima wrote: After 5 to 10 min I see colors floating, including purple, green and yellow. Sometimes they get so intense I cant even see the cross anymore.
This is because your eyes work by constantly darting around to produce an image - your brain filters this movement out and all you see is a steady image. When you focus your eyes for so long and you concentrate hard enough on not moving them, you might stop your eyes from moving and your vision begins to fail temporarily until they start moving again. Seeing colors such as the ones you described are typical of this kind of scenario.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=6463390
alexH

Matt wrote:
Alisima wrote: After 5 to 10 min I see colors floating, including purple, green and yellow. Sometimes they get so intense I cant even see the cross anymore.
This is because your eyes work by constantly darting around to produce an image - your brain filters this movement out and all you see is a steady image. When you focus your eyes for so long and you concentrate hard enough on not moving them, you might stop your eyes from moving and your vision begins to fail temporarily until they start moving again. Seeing colors such as the ones you described are typical of this kind of scenario.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=6463390
How come the colours are different then? for example alisima see's those colours, and another person could see blue and gold? I see purple-magenta and yellow-green, and yellow-green is the main colour of my aura, as well as my favourite colour. I think that the auric pair is associated with it, showing that your aura is growing and that you can perceive it around you.

Gautama Buddha
Alexander

Re: Experiences with Auras

I found a mistake in the http://thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm
Namely:
"Purple: indicates spiritual thoughts. Purple is never a strong point in the Aura. It appears only as temporary "clouds" and "flames", indicating truly spiritual thoughts."
That is not true, because in my aura it is the strong point.
I know that it was not the afterimage, and I see my aura thousands of times.It was nearly every time totally purple.

I just wanted to point out this mistake.
Matt

Re:

alexH wrote: How come the colours are different then? for example alisima see's those colours, and another person could see blue and gold? I see purple-magenta and yellow-green, and yellow-green is the main colour of my aura, as well as my favourite colour. I think that the auric pair is associated with it, showing that your aura is growing and that you can perceive it around you.
No idea. I personally see purple, blue, and green. But I do know that is the case of what's actually occurring. Even more oddly, is that everyone I know who has done similar exercises and temporarily lost their vision in the same manner all see their favorite colors.

Just because your vision is failing doesn't mean that you aren't "seeing" anything. Maybe when the vision fails due to the lack of movement, the third-eye fills you in with visual information. Who knows, I certainly don't.
v1ru5

Hello everyone, this is my first post and hopefully I can make more on this site.

I have seen Aura balls, Aura rain and higher world streams and fire gold dust.
I will do my best to try to describe it.

Aura Balls is like white or colorful snow that whirlls from our minds to the open sorroundings.
Aura rain is clear tubed rain that falls all over the place, it takes a few moments after seeing the aura balls to start seeing them.
Aura streams is this magical haze of light streams that flow back and forth depending on your breath. I only seen this three times as i have been really lazy developing it. Hope iam not the only one.... i once ingested the aura stream and my body felt like it was about to explode..... very intresting experience.
The fire gold dust i rarely expereince and seemed like a page from sci fi movies after i ingested the higher world streams. A golden fire sparkled out of my body and onto my lounge room table. Intrestingly enough I just worked on my solar plexus after a session with Lord Raihnon. I feel the golden fire is used to manifest energy into material form or vice versa.
http://www.manohriti.com.au/ A very powerful teacher.

Hope i didnt confuse anybody here, but thought it would go in the Aura section.
Cheers.
Our emotions rule intellect 3:1, our minds negativity dose much the same with no regard to our optism, could it be that our emotions that prime us is doomed to fail us?
drifta84

hey guys,i have been practicing with this aura stuff for a few months now.whenever i look at my hand i can see blue around my fingers after about 10 seconds and i can move my hand around and still see it. a few weeks ago i was with one of my friends telling him all about this aura seeing. straight away he told me he see's them all the time and said my aura was a bright Turquoise color,and knowing from reading Chalko's description it was me to a T!!.

after that i decided to test the colors of thoughts(example yellow means happy joyous thoughts if they r not the strong point of your aura)with my friend. i must say now that i had not gotten my print out of the auric colors to show my friend yet as i wanted to test him and what Chalko says r the meaning of auric colors.

so i went ahead and asked my friend to tell me what colors he could see when i concentrated on a thought.first i thought how happy my 1 yr old son has made me and how much i love him and nothing else. straight away he told me he could see lots of flashes of yellow dancing crazy above my head. if u look at Chalkos meanings yellow IS joy,freedom:Yellow thought indicates a moment of joy and contentment. i was in disbelieve at my friend.

i told him what i was thinking and told him to try another one.we went on with another and i imagined driving my car(i do drift racing) and racing and fixing it.straight away he tells me he can see lots of red in my aura. Chalko's red is:materialistic thoughts, thoughts about the physical body. Predominantly red Aura indicates materialistically oriented person. i tried once more and thought of my progress in meditation, trying to astral travel,and how i want to be more spiritual
in life. again he points out that my aura was flashing gently of purple.

after all this i showed him my print out of the aura colors and he couldn't believe that what he seen in my aura and the thoughts i provoked matched up perfectly. i gave him that copy because he wanted to memorize the colors to see what ppl's thoughts were.this to me must be a fairly accurate guide of auric colours to me.

i want to also say that my friend Daniel doesn't need to concentrate to see a aura either it just comes naturally to him. he tells me that he has been able to see them since he could remember but didn't speak of it much because his friends would tell him he is on drugs (which he is not).this whole expeirence just makes me want to see aura's so bad now.

and the funny thing about this is that i only met this man Daniel about 6 months ago. me and a few friends were at the beach and he was further down the beach camping and he was walking up the beach and we got talking and after about 5 minutes i started telling him about Thiaoouba and give him my number and told him to call me so i could lend him my copy of the book.

looking back now it was a very strange happening for me but good all the same.
hope this casts a bit of light on the subject
thanks for listening
Zio

If not your first welcome, welcome drifta84!

Thanks for sharing. You're lucky to have people like that around you, most people don't (including me :'( )