The Secret

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

The Secret

at first I wanted to post it into the unrelated forum,

but no, let's find the relationship...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8
enjoy.
soulrider

So we're posting Infomercials these days mate? 8)

how about this one? http://www.principalsecret.com.au/

or http://www.georgeforeman.com.au/brands/ ... odels.html

ooh, want some steak knives with that? :lol: :lol:
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Eon

I wish I knew what is it about this "Secret" movie that people find to be so great.. I can't stand watching it, I've tried several times already, but it really gets me feeling like my intelligence is being insulted. Or maybe I'm just not ready for all these great secrets yet.
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
Rezo

I haven't seen this movie in a while.

does seem a bit 'eh' in parts of it.

why not mention reincarnation? maybe they dont have to idk. who is abraham-hicks? i never heard of these guys or got a clear idea on what they believe.

the movies okay, i prefer books more on metaphysics, like Making Waves: Irving Dardik and His Superwave Principle, or holographic universe, but less cerebral ones too like 'the secret psychology of how we fall in love' by dr paul dobransky. But books cant do it all in the end its you and me.

Collective thoughts also have impacts but we seem to not understand this dynamic as a whole on earth yet i dont think. the only books i like so far other than 'power vs force' I kinda more recently got into [dont agree w/all of it- its not normal i dont think, to agree completely w/everything we read or see] and tp of course...there might be others idk. maybe mike gravel's 'citizen power' or something along the lines of larger-scale social empowerment of some type, that acknoledges the complexity and simplicity. I prefer a large picture view that favors complexity within simplicity, versus all out simplicity, since, things in the end may be simple, we are by nature following a fractal reality, I think the movie might miss some of this, even though its sister movie what the bleep ironically actually acknowledges this a bit more.
Robanan

Re: The Secret

I'm most intrested in experiences where one imagines and visualizes what he truly needs and is good for him, concentrating and holding this vision for several moments in a day and wether this kind of experience influences the life of the person unitl the person reaches the point where he sees his dream come true.

I don't trust this approach is healthy to apply to such things as money. I don't think it will work anyway, because money is a very abstract thing on it's own, therefore first hand, it is hard to visualize and holding a vision of it, also in turn might develop a sub-conscious obsession with money within the person.
Being obsessed with money has very very deep negative effects on both your psyche and your health in general. Fortunately there are many examples of such people around for everyone to see.

There was a period in my life, where I could whish for anything that I want, good or bad. I would eventually get it. So also, I learned some things are not worth whishing for at all as the repercussions of having things that are not good for you, will eventually bring you much agony and despair. I personally consider that I learned this the hard way.
One exceptional good experience where I got something good that I wanted, happened when I was looking for an apartment, after many unsucessfull tries and a few available options, I was so frustrated that I decided to really take a deep look at what kind of apartment I need. So I tried to visualize every corner down to every detail my imagination could hold, to have a grasp of a vision of what I want. I'm saying this in all honesty, the apartment that I found after a while and rented was almost exactly the same as the one I had in my vision.

Please share your own experiences with the concept.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

6 years ago when I was choosing what school to go to, I imagined a semi-secluded place, a nice small arts town, and a curriculum focusing on the historical documentation. I didn't have to search very long and in fact dreamt about the place, when I got there the town looked exactly as I had dreamt [astral projection probably]. Which was interesting.
shezmear

Ask and ye shall receive..But only if it’s in your highest spiritual good….doesn’t matter what method you use, it breaks down to ritual and intent.

On another note I have found that if you really want something in your life, gather your strength and work for it, does wonders….no really.

The fact that the secret was so successful is testament to weakness of the minds and the willingness of people to embraces ludicrous notions and ideals. As though there is some golden secret, some trick, and once you know it, all your dreams will come true.

There a methods you can use to manifest “stuff” but 9 times out of 10 you wait in vain if you expect it to fall from the sky, but if one actually takes action it comes a lot quicker.

The ideas that are touted behind manifestation are blown up into fantasy size tales which are used to generate money for the person selling the information. They sell books movies courses about this thing you can do to “GET WHAT YOU WANT”. But its modern day snake oil. I’ve seen the best of them at work.

I have found if you want to change your life look in the mirror, talk to that guy. Most of the times people are were they are because of 2 factors, Karma and Choice. This is another topic but I guess I have made my point.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

Also, when you clear up your mind about things that you want, it helps you:
1- Notice them better when and if they will come your way.
2- Get a clear idea about the necessary conditions that need to be in place to reach/have them.
3- You can also try and foresee if what you want/need is the best you can get and have and explore the results of such endeavors.
4- Fill you with enough information needed to help you to make the best use of it when you reach/get it.

and yeah, don't let it wrap you completely up... never disregard your vision of the purpose of your existence.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
ronald

I found reading the: Handbook for the New Paradigm , and subsequent books describing such concepts helpful.
TempUser

Robanan wrote:at first I wanted to post it into the unrelated forum,

but no, let's find the relationship...
The best advice I can remember hearing from the movie (I actually plan to buy the original with Abraham included if it's still available), is that basic underlying message that "You create your reality" ( Not to be taken too literally in my opinion). Yet I can see how this is similar to an example mentioned in The Freedom of Choice... going up to someone who succumbs to the delusion of victim mentality and saying, "You have an unlimited amount of potential"-simply skipping to algebra without explaining arithmetic.

To me it should be re-stated to something less misleading and more direct as "ALL of your choices have consequences". Either way though both seem to imply "Accept responsibility for YOUR lifestyle" (in every aspect of both thought and action). This statement seems far from a "secret" (at best it's a bit taboo amongst the collective) and it has some self-evident sound reasoning to it.

That's the relationship I've found anyhow. :kiss: :)
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
Robanan

AaronNZM wrote: ...
To me it should be re-stated to something less misleading and more direct as "ALL of your choices have consequences". Either way though both seem to imply "Accept responsibility for YOUR lifestyle" (in every aspect of both thought and action). This statement seems far from a "secret" (at best it's a bit taboo amongst the collective) and it has some self-evident sound reasoning to it.

That's the relationship I've found anyhow. :kiss: :)
I guess it's the bug that turns truth into religion that's at work here, your observation is astute, bringing up a very important issue regarding the subject. It confirms my belief in that knowing the truth is easy but what to do with it is not. As your example shows one of the things that makes "what to do with the truth" complicated is how to best communicate truth and objectively report observations. It's easy to see how education or self-education is important in life in general, that things don't happen magically... that one sows what one cultivates; To make another similar example let's start from the beginning:

"In the beginning the creator made the universe based on universal laws if the laws can be changed they are not laws if they can't be changed then their creator doesn't have freedom of choice." I think there is an inherent fallacy in that statement, that it's completely disregarding intelligence and the necessary conditions required for it's development, it misses the argument of intelligence being able to act with purpose so that it can choose to "sustain" itself in order to satisfy it's own requirements. It then seems obvious to me that the freedom of choice of the creator is not compromised if it only "made" something for himself that is supposed to serve a specific "purpose". Discuss...
shezmear

The Law is a standard...it has to be consistence to serve its function.

The laws is also defined by the nature of what it deals with, namely the development and cultivation of consciousness.

In a sense the laws are not just the will of the Creator they are the necessary ingredients to allow for something to happen.Can you change the ingredients of a cake and expect to have the same cake?

In short to change them to satisfy the will of something else is to change the out come.

If Robanan was creator and he took a part of himself and shatter it into zillions and zillions of little peaces then what laws would he put in place?, would they be any different?

There in lies the self, essentially the workings of our own psychic are not that different from the creators.According to TP its motivation for starting the universe was very simple, something that even we can understand.

Does not learning set its own laws to fulfill its very nature, other wise if it does not then it necessarily become something else.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
TempUser

True. A table can't stand without legs and neither can a human. Yet without feet attached to those legs, we wouldn't be able to use them to walk. Just because I NEED legs to stand or feet to walk doesn't mean I lack free will. This is where a condition will reasonably get confused as a complete limitation against progress or taken personally by a small minded individual who fails to see it's necessity. Having feet and legs both being necessary conditions for exploring, lacking them being necessary limitations that still allow for exploring, yet ironically provoke FURTHER exploring in some cases. Such limitations are meant to provoke learning if one is persistent and mature enough to persevere through overwhelming emotions caused by them. Of course it's easy to fall for the whole "because I'm limited my free will is compromised", surprisingly this is often used(as an old friend of mine once tried) by people who refuse to do their own homework as a way argue against the very existence of freedom of choice. Limitations for the most part are only compromising if they suppress free will.
Robanan wrote: knowing the truth is easy but what to do with it is not. As your example shows one of the things that makes "what to do with the truth" complicated is how to best communicate truth and objectively report observations.
Yes knowing what to do with the truth, or essentially one's understanding... is so hard that it frustrates me..I'm sure that we all on this forum share this problem, as well as many other people. Mostly because it's a matter of what one considers subjective truth vs universal truth, and whether or not the latter even exist is an issue of major debate in post modern philosophy and in the collective mindset of our entire civilization. I know for a fact that universal truth exist, and that TP expresses many. Expressing some myself in order to do something productive is where my problem lies...referring back to the culprit above. But fortunately for some of you, you have given up trying to provoke unwilling horses to drink the water. Because I am so *** naive and too stubborn to stop persuading the horse to drink...this has been a major issue for me within the last few years.

What's even more annoying is the fact that not only are intelligent people becoming a perpetual minority, but even honest ambitious people with an assertive intention to at least seek understanding through knowledge. So many people are more willing to choose the "easy" way out now. Avoiding thinking by using being "young" as an excuse to justify impulsive choices based off short term desires. I hate to rant but it's so discouraging to continue when other than the many of you who I'm thankful to have these discussions with...personally I feel so alone on a journey for "truth" in a civilization filled with so many people who seem content with lies that it's hard for me and people like me to relate to anyone...you're either with or against. Perhaps I'm weak because so I often succumb back to the choice of following the flock( :drugged: :shaking2: :drunken: :-& :pukel: :listen music: :bom: :pale: ) only to regret having done so later :help:. And personally I know a few people who on this level can relate to dropping their ambitions in order to "fit in" again.

Because of this many perversions of the truth, turning it into religion to take advantage of people is so easily and often done-"The Secret" being one of the many, if not a perfect example of this. I mean it takes a basic law and twists it into some so called misleading "Law of Attraction". So many "could be's" fall victim to these perversions...rather than seeking their own understanding... :cry:...But this is a necessary contrast I must accept and stop resisting I guess... :roll: ...I guess that other than support, contrast as mentioned by Tom is a necessary condition for learning. Perhaps it takes perseverance, not only that but I must be more critical because this frustration has only clouded my perception and if anything further hindered any understanding from being achieved on my part. Obviously I'm missing something...
Thomas J. Chalko admin of Freedom Forum wrote: The main lesson in the Universe seems to be to attain Love and become Loved.

This is only possible when we do not force people to make their choices. We can only `manifest` ourselves and our actions for other people to consider.

Don't feel inadequate, just because people cannot comprehend what you are trying to `give` them. It is a MAJOR challenge to inspire people to appreciate your intentions.

Consider The Great Intellect. He MANIFESTED himself magnificently and yet - how many people appreciate it? Isn't our entire society openly abusing Nature? Try to use intellect to find out what works, what doesn't and why. Analyze results of your actions to modify your choices.
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
ET-1

I find paradoxical how the author choose to use 'The secret' instead of 'An Insight'... It give me clues as to it its focus... along the same lines of someone making the claim 'there are no absolute truths' ... Choose carefully the distinctions to cultivate... BTW consider that we reap what we and others have sowed ... sometimes we sow good and reap bad because others sow bad and do not want us to reap what we sow... but want us to reap what they want. I say always reap good and sow good... for even the waste can be made into fertilizer...

namaste