Meditation Query

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

contacttinu

Meditation Query

Hi All,
I have been following this forum since I started meditation after reading FoC.

I have been practicing since a few months now. But right now I am in a really confused state.

Initially I used to get a lot of random thoughts, and used to see colors, primarily shades of purple and violet.
Slowly, the number of thoughts reduced. I still get thoughts while I am meditating, but I have a better control now.

The issue I am facing now is that if I try to maintain awareness for keeping my mind blank, I don't get into deep meditation.
But if I try and let everything go, I enter a dream like state where everything is like the dreams I get at night and nothing seem to be related or make any sense.
When I get up after meditation in this form, I feel as my mind was not at rest and feel kind of irritated.

I read that we should observe the dreams we get in meditation. But I got a feeling that they are coming out of my imagination based on what i think and whatever i have read and don't seem to make any sense.
After this doubt came to my mind, i stopped getting the dreams.

But I feel I am not progressing since at least a month now.

Please help how should I go ahead from here.

Regards,
- Tinu
ronald

Re: Meditation Query

Having been interested in the topic I always wondered why it was needed to START meditation. The emphasis appeared to be driven often to a procedural method about the practice. Casual readings seemed not of use in practice except for discovering the above question.

A while I thought the whole thing was not for me, a narrow minded conclusion mostly likely formed out of confusion from the reading and lack of real progress. It was at that time that intent arose to forget about it.
It was at that time that a little intent stayed.

Some time later I discovered this "little intent" for true rest, honestly desired out of a need for improved life balance disclosed a natural purpose for practice. Becoming aware of this purpose helped move to holding a soft form of intention about what was focused on, similar to intending to move your arm up or down, no pressure in thought is needed.

I found it useful to not schedule time for it, and so a state of rest came when it was most suitable.
Letting go on the desire for progress somehow broke an emotional excitement about the need for adventure with meditation.

Having gradually come to the above perception I became at ease and took it from there.

Still taking it from there, but nothing special.
blacksands

Re: Meditation Query

Each to their own. I go well with a structured approach to meditation, regular routine, systematic method. Works beautifully for me.

Contacttinu what's the focus of your meditation?