the opposite

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

luke88

the opposite

Hi people,

Check this out: http://desteni.co.za/

A woman from South Africa, claiming to be "the portal", sees through
everything and gets the answers to all the fundamental philosophical
questions.

Her points are: there is no white light, there is no spiritual evolution,
there is no evolution of consciousness, there is no enlightenment, there is
no God. It's all been a construct to manipulate people and keep them
enslaved bye the entity called "Anu".

It is interesting, because all of these things are truly the opposite of
what Thiaoouba Prophecy is telling us.

Please read the FAQ, watch some videos and we can have a discussion
ronald

Re: the opposite

Why one explains? "there is no" of something?
luke88

Her point is also that no one is more spiritually advanced than others, we are all the same, no one is better than the other.
Robanan

I think she should stop being a "portal to nothing" and focus more on the "Observable reality of the Universe" including herSELF.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
TempUser

:-k

This nonsense not only contradicts many of the messages in Thiaoouba Prophecy, but it completely contradicts my own logic that was based on my own structure of thought before I read either 2 books (TP and The Freedom of Choice). Though my trusting that Michel's story as being true is still a belief at best, since I have yet to endeavor in any real spiritual development that would help me verify what may prove to be a worthy point, the logic behind the message of the book itself is self evident and way beyond a belief.

Let me say that I really have little doubt that channeling is fake. Although I consider the hoaxers, jokesters and straight up fakes, as well as those who pretend to channel under good intentions, I also know people who are serious about what they do and yet not serious enough about what they channel or represent (they don't filter anything that comes in through them and spout nonsense probably for attention and profit). I've ran into this lady, as well as some of her followers on YouTube. I've suggested that she considered filtering but she got caught up on making an irrelevant point of her own mostly due to a mistake in semantics on my part (something similar to a strawman argument that people in general do way too much and unfortunately miss the point and completely misunderstand the other person).

Desteni has some productive things to say at times (check out the video on the Jesus Time Trap behind Christianity) but for the most part she really spreads out a lot of misinformation (remember this is different than the intended disinformation) when it comes to channeling. She is simply (and most likely inadvertently) creating mental treadmills of her own for followers alike using spiritual "Sloganology", as Tom cleverly puts it, to hook people in. She really isn't that far off from Esther Hicks a.k.a Abraham (The people who can be considered the pioneers of "The Secret" propaganda) in the very same ways. The rest of it immediately reminds me of what has already stained this forum with the most annoying newage bullstuff.

It's amazing how people can make such illogical claims and apparently feel as if they are saying some of the most enlightening things to be said. Off the bat it's quite clear that they lack any basic understanding of the knowledge they claim to possess, or any knowledge of simple (and yes observable) principals of existence and it's purpose. If any of those points were true, would living a lifestyle based on that premise really be that effective at all? A lot of people who follow that mindset do the most unproductive things you could ever choose such as drugs (or other such unhealthy habits) and use the excuse of living a pointless life (the whole I'm going to die anyways so that justifies me slowly killing myself as well as risking potentially damaging aspects of myself that I'm completely unaware of) to some how convince themselves that such a life style lived mostly out of ignorance is ok. If people decided that they wanted to choose entertaining such ridiculous(In my humble opinion) and counter-productive claims that is completely up to them. I try respect the open discussion provided by this forum but since this forum isn't about accepting sensational claims that come out of logical fallacies made by wannabe proxies(amongst other things) can we be a bit more critical?

No offense...but this kind of stuff really bothers me....sorry if I'm drowning the horse!
I just think some people really need to learn how to fish instead of happily taking fish from people who don't realize how rotten the fish is to begin with.
I've been seeing a lot of rotten fish being passed around in this forum. :-&

By the way Robanan, I love the quote in your signature! :flower:"
Last edited by ptex on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit by user request to correct mistakes
shezmear

I mean no offence to anyone but there is just enough here to really muddy the water….http://desteni.co.za. I should be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me the rubbish people can peddle.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
TempUser

shezmear wrote: I should be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me the rubbish people can peddle.
Hah, this reminds me of a page in TP. Getting used to claims such as the ones presented by the original poster is no different really than getting used to the sound of traffic.

Thank god (literally thiaoouba-but mostly yourself) you haven't.

However, I do feel a need to post in defense of the website. Now that I actually took the time to set aside my bias toward this site, I can't help but wonder where the poster found such claims. First of all, Desteni Productions is NOT a woman- it is a group of people who are seeking spiritual development in their own way (even if they truly are too stubborn to realize this). I've said before in the "New World Order" post that "Spiritual" is one of those words that is heavily loaded and thrown around so this is obviously an issue of heavy subjectivity. I still stand by these words in regards to both Desteni Productions and Abraham Hicks
Desteni has some productive things to say at times, but for the most part she (or rather they in this case) really spreads out a lot of misinformation.
Yet I must maturely admit that I have yet to prove the latter of the above statement and I must stop making claims of my own without backing them up with sound reasoning of my own. I thought perhaps I could present an excerpt I found from their forum in which one of the"experienced users " tries to explain his understanding of karma:
Sunette/Dimensions-of Desteni Forums in response to another use wrote: This is not ‘Karma’ – ‘Karma’ was a programmed-system’ designed within the being’s soul construct here on earth, connected to the Akashic Records – within which the being’s life-experience was be created and placed from one life to the next within the starting point principle of ‘learning lessons’ – the reason for the ‘Karma-construct’ was to enslave the beings into ‘earth life-cycles’. And the ‘purpose’ for all being’s existence here on earth was based and founded on Karma of: ‘Coming into this world to ‘learn lessons’.

So, Karma was a deliberate enslavement-system designed with the soul construct and Akashic records to give the being of the soul a ‘purpose’ or ‘reason’ for it’s existence within this world (also part of the entire enslavement-design) as: Coming into this world to ‘learn lessons’ – thus, beings trapped by Karma and Purpose within this world – actually believing they are here to only ‘learn lessons’.

Within this = giving room for beings to justify rape, murder and abuse of children for instance by stating: Oh – it is their own personal Karma – that’s why that is being done unto them.

Therefore – a being killing an animal, without consideration or regard in realising that the animal is self – literally killing the animal for consumerism-needs and fulfillment, then the being will re-incarnate and experience that very act being done unto themselves, where they in turn will be the animal killed and consumed to fulfill other’s consuming needs – is experienced within the principle of oneness and equality: That which you do unto another = will be done unto you: One and Equal.
This is not Karma – this is you being self responsible in realising that you determine your experience within and as all of existence for you and you yourself alone – and that you will manifest and experience that which you accept and allow you to be one with and equal to.

That which you do unto another, will be done unto you – because that other is you within the principle of oneness and equality – therefore, you will experience and manifest within you and your world that which you do unto others as you = because you are in-fact doing it to yourself.
And in actually experiencing for yourself what you’ve accepted and allowed yourself to do unto others as yourself – there will be a moment where you start realising and understanding – that you must stop, because then you will stop accepting and allowing you to do unto others that which you would not have be done unto you.

So, no – there is not a ‘Karma-Law’ as you have come to be-LIE-ve there to be – only that each one will according experience within themselves and their world what they accept and allow themselves to be one with and equal to – and that what you experience within you and your world – you are individually, alone responsible for – because you and you alone ‘create and manifest’ your experience of you.
Thomas Chalko once told me (in the very rare responses I could get from him haha :lol: )
Thomas Chalko-Author of Freedom of Choice wrote: Thoughts and writings of other people are helpful only when you are able to critically examine them yourself

Being critical is not about being biased simply because an idea conflicts with your own. I realized this last night after seeing that I myself gave little attempt to understand other people's ideas and thus I immediately stamped them as being far from truth since I was being entirely subjective and basing what I considered to be "truth" on my own preconceived notions which I've yet to clear away. It is not exactly about being fair either. To me it makes since that it is about looking at both sides of the proverbial coin as a whole and presenting the information to others in it's entirety after understanding it yourself to the best of one's ability at the time...hence the current quote I promote in my signature below. I must stop my hypocrisy and maturely look at where others are in their level of understanding before convincing a horse to drink, so to speak.

I know that the above excerpt from the forum other than being a bit hard to follow is VERY easy to look at with a bias stand point, and to criticize it is very tempting. Let me save some of you time and say that much of it is simply intellectual statements mostly based out of ignorance? He/She obviously has a limited understanding of reincarnation...but read the end of the post and you will see that he/she is still not completely on a bad foot. Perhaps we can do as the original poster asked. Let's look through some of these topics in their forums, as well as checking out their videos to find some productive things that are being said and perhaps start a discussion on it? :?:
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko