Reminder on the Direction

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Aisin

Reminder on the Direction

Dear forum members,

We have gone a long way discovering TP each in our own way, witnessing the inception of the forum, and seeing the forum flourish.

While forum discussion can involve many aspects, eg: nutrition, meditation, history etc, the direction of knowing oneself does not change, ie: via the path of love. Love constitutes many things, acceptance, forgiveness, appreciation, respect, admiration, approval, dedication, gratitude, empathy, the list goes on. In short it is about how we make ourselves and others feel.

I have recently been reminded of this direction when I came across this passage, I would like to share it with you:
I have met famous psychics and mediums, priests and gurus, and I have learned many things from them. Some are incredibly talented, and some are not.

It has become clear to me that there is no direct correlation between psychic abilities and level of spiritual evolution. I remember a conversation I had with Edgar Mitchell, the well-known astronaut and researcher of paranormal phenomena. In his laboratory, Edgar had studied a famous psychic who could affect energies and by doing so could move a compass point through a magnetic field and even move objects by the power of his mind, a phenomenon known as telekinesis. Despite these obviously advanced psychic abilities, Edgar noticed that the character and personality of this psychic were definitely not consistent with a high level of spiritual awareness. He was the first to point out to me that psychic abilities and spiritual development are not necessarily connected.

I believe that the psychic abilities of some people increase as they progress spiritually, as they become more and more aware. This is more of an incidental acquisition rather than an essential step. One's ego should not become inflated merely because the level of one's psychic abilities increases. The goal is to learn about love and compassion, about goodness and charity, not about becoming a famous psychic.

Brian Weiss
ptex

Re: Reminder on the Direction

Beautifully expressed Aisin!!!
I often found myself thinking the same however I didn't reach the point of putting it in writing.
Thanks for the marvelous quote :)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ArioK

Re: Reminder on the Direction

Good Post. I like that the Buddha told his disciples to not use any of their psychic abilities to gain converts to the teachings of the Dharma.
" All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Lord Buddha.... Think Love, Be Love.