Enema

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

pax47

Enema

I need help about a good diet! Is it possible to fast with out using enema?

I'll just adjust my eating habits and start eating fresh veggies and fruits.. And if the right time comes (body signal) I'll start my fasting. 8-[

Need help please! thanks! ^_^
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Prince Gautama "Buddha"
Adam

Re: Enema

If you fast without an enema bag, chances are that you might hurt yourself instead of doing any good.
I recommend buying Chalko's book "The Joy of Perfect Health", everything I wanted to know about fasting was inside it. If you can't buy it just send him an e-mail or call him so that you will receive a free copy of TJoPH. I tried fasting once... In his book he recommended a small amount of honey if one felt discomfort. Sadly, I'm "allergic" to honey or something? If I eat it, I end up feeling really bad and throw up... So I had to cancel the fast. :-&

Personally, I'm a vegetarian striving for a fruitarian diet... Fruit is very cleansing and fasting isn't my "thing" anyways. :D
pax47

yeah! I've read his book.. but Is it really safe to fast in 5 or 6 days or more? :pale:

I wanna regain my higher consciousness and achieve the self healing process. :clap:

Thanks Adam! I want more info about you and your eating habits..
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Prince Gautama "Buddha"
Matt

Chalko's book isn't really sound, it was a dead give-away when he said on the first few pages that it's a "well known fact" bacteria mutates across species based upon the available foodsource. :-s

Instead, I'd recommend to try going here:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... 2e99206b9c
Teda

Research as much as you can.

Heaps of free fasting books here: http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyg ... ibcat.html

Without enema, you can mono fast on watermelon for few days. This is one ideal way to clean out and prepare for any water fast. Three to four days watermelon fast followed with 1-2 days water fast is safer than water fasting for 5-6 days, especially if you have never done it before.

Work your way up by doing 24 hr water fast several times before moving on to 3-4 day fast, 7-day fast, 10-days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. Do it smartly.

Listen to your body. If you need sleep, sleep. If you need to eat, eat. Don’t bother fasting if you plan to go back to old ways. And most importantly, study why breaking a fast must be done carefully. Best of luck, and take special care of yourself.

Cheers
Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
GaryOak

What about Pure water?

It sounds to me like you don't even consider it in your ways of fasting.

Pure water is not common these days, so fasting effectively seemes like a difficult task
ptex

Sources of pure water are not easy to find but they exist if only you search.
Aren't there any mountains close by to where you live with springs of water or a well ? For purity it needs to be collected as close as possible to the place where it's originating. Check local authorities to regular tests to the water quality.
Alternatively if no other solution is viable you may purchase large bottles of spring water (obviously without gas, otherwise its use for enemas would be... interesting!!! :) ). Tom Chalko once told me that bottles with little bubbles inside are a way to tell about water purity in this case.
When I did fasting several years ago, I used this method because even though I have mountains and spring water close by, I had no way to make sure about its purity (access to local authorities tests was rather difficult then) and I would never take a chance on this!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
GaryOak

All so called "springwater" on a bottle always contains some chloride, magnesium etc.

And when you have mountains with springwater close by? In what way would that water be dangerous for you?

And last, Does this fasting method work the way Chalko describes in his book?
ptex

Well, there's even another alternative: to distill water, but to distill it yourself! I cannot comment if distilled water can be used for this purpose! It seems likely though but it will be deprived of minerals, vitamins and calcium (among others) that mountain water usually has.

Depending on where you collect spring water, it can get contaminated with a couple of things as it runs through its path, the greatest dangers are obvious things artificially induced so if there isn't anything like that on the way it's a good sign. But leaves, plants and animals decomposing can also introduce some interesting "add-ons". The thing is that when using the water for enemas, everything the water carries gets directly absorbed into the blood-stream. So if I were you I'd be careful with that.

My best advice for fasting the way Tom mentions is to do it under a strict medical supervision!!!

One thing is reading about a method others used more or less successfully, but another thing is doing it yourself and risking your health.
I'm sure that many can attest as to how efficient Tom's method (let's call it like that) is but I personally had another experience so I can only say that you can never be too cautious.

There are other alternatives, like juice fasting for example. Of course not as effective, fast or radical as Tom's but a LOT safer!!!
If you're interested I can share with you some notes and more material about a course I did regarding fasting techniques.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth