Social networking websites

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like our new Social Networking features?

Yes
93%
No
7%
Not sure
No votes
Doesn't seem to work for me
No votes

Total votes: 14

ptex

Social networking websites

Hello everyone,
We've added a few social network features to the Golden Planet Forum.
Per suggestion we've created Facebook (courtesy of Ronald) and Twitter accounts and now we've integrated them in the forum.
You'll find a bar at the bottom of your screen which gives access to our Facebook and Twitter pages and a couple of some very useful features.
One of them is a chat capability with video, sound and text chat capabilities.

Besides this we've added a box in the portal page for direct access to Facebook and Twitter :)

Do please let us know your opinion about it.
Also if you have trouble seeing the bar I'm talking about, try one or more of the following: refreshing the page, enabling Javascript in your browser or downloading a newer version of the browser.

We'll try to help all those who address us with problems in a common/ generic issues but for specific ones we'll obviously redirect requests to the bar developer's support team.

Hope these changes are of your liking :thumright:
Rezo

Re: Social networking websites

I am happy to hear of video I only assumed text chat connections. This is very good direction I feel.

As for twitter I personally rarely if ever visit there, due to spam requests. Facebook appears not to have this issue as much at least, just from my own experience of using it. I am a member of the group on FB.

Lately though Ive been beginning to a bit more seriously cultivate my qigong & yoga quite a bit, and have been using less internet. Well, not a LOT less :P Most recently though Ive been able to examine some of what I again find relevant to subject matters here, which is always nice - that feeling you get when you discover or learn something new. Little discoveries I mean...anyhow GREAT job w/the connectivity I think its great.
ptex

Post title is reflected in Twitter post

Thanx Rezo!
Glad to hear it's useful, they all add to the forum's purpose: to bring people together around a common subject: Thiaoouba Prophecy :)

Since Twitter posts automatically the title of the posts I would kindly ask if possible that each post is made with a title that summarizes its content. As you know Twitter can only have 140 chars in a post which makes it very ineffective for forum posts. So This is one possible way out: that for every post we make we choose a meaningful descriptive short title :)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

yes haha of course :)

I agree
Zio

I voted no.... I would like to keep my privacy :x
ptex

Hi Zio,
You can be on facebook and still keep your privacy, it depends upon your account settings and information you share.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

since we're discussing FB [facebook], one thing Id like to do is- only let certain friends see certain things [privacy in other words] - but cant figure out how. know what I mean?

So far, I have basic 'obvious' settings like, 'only friends' see this or that... beyond this, however requires a sort of customization I never could quite figure out.
shezmear

I used face book for a bit, it becomes a disturbance and distraction, I find my self invading others privacy.I look at their lives,make judgments and most times don`t like what I see. Is`n that a terrible thing to say?... :oops: however I`m sure for millions and soon hundreds of millions these sites perform a critical function of keeping us connecting and allow a free flow of positive happy emotions, which is what its all about.... :flower: :sunny: :rofl: :clap: :kiss: :listen music: :computer: :lol: \:D/

The thing is when you reveal yourself to people you don`t really know that can be a problem as it can be used against you and on the other hand to show who you are to other people deepens the feeling you can share with that person....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Rezo

heres something - on FB i searched for michel desmarquet - there is one result for 'michel demarquet'. of course could be anyone right?
shezmear

Rezo wrote:heres something - on FB i searched for michel desmarquet - there is one result for 'michel demarquet'. of course could be anyone right?
You would need to look at their friends to know for sure...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

Rezo wrote:heres something - on FB i searched for michel desmarquet - there is one result for 'michel demarquet'. of course could be anyone right?
Michel is the least technological kind of guy you'll ever come across. So, if you ever find Michel Desmarquet either on FB or whatever online, it can't be him even if it show his picture and says it's him :)
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

i figured id try anyways. good for him though.
Zark

>> Michel is the least technological kind of guy you'll ever come across.

He does use a fax machine though :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams