Conversation about Suicide

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

SwampRaider

Conversation about Suicide

hey all...been a long time

Me: I may be going to far philosophically in the term "Suicide", but how far does it go? A person could neglect themselves and make bad diet and life choices leading to a heart attack...That is self inflicted...Isn't death itself, Self inflicted? Am I thinking to hard?

Tom: Not really,
People who abuse their bodies (and the Planet) have not yet developed too much appreciation for Life.

When eco-systems on Earth are destroyed faster than they can recover for too long - Earth will become uninhabitable.
And yes, you can call it "collective suicide".

me:

Indeed. I just wanted to ask you because I was a little confused on the whole "If you commit suicide , you have to reincarnate in 45-49 days..to re do your course"..because Suicide can be a term used from just a gunshot wound to the head...all the way to destroying the planet. Now I am scared hahaha, because i have been living the average american life, with a car, heating,cooling...well you have lived the life, you know what i am talking about.

I mean seriously, I would hope not to have to reincarnate in 45-49 days, just because i drove a car..(which adds to Global heating)

He did'nt get back to me after that..... :help:
ronald

Re: Conversation about Suicide

Logically because a collective suicide is committed, we have to come back.

Hope is no means of escape. The "just because" part is where most of us make the mistake.
It is like excusing ourselves that we didn't know or couldn't have done otherwise for some reason.

I think recognizing the spiritual hurt that one inflicts on the self is key to overcome the matter.

Now, by reading this thread and understanding it, you automatically increase your responsibility towards this issue. Thus, doing nothing about it will make things even worse.
ptex

Every word in the dictionary is meant to be used with a clear definition and purpose behind it.
For suicide, I believe it's meant to willingly and consciously take one's own life.

Driving a car or even having a bad diet has nothing to do with suicide "per se". It has to do with consciousness level. If one is reckless enough to put his life in danger by driving dangerously or eating bad food we can only say that this person't level of awareness and responsibility isn't probably very high. I believe we all commit excesses one way or another (specially when we think we don't). True values lies in recognizing these, taking action against them by finding balance. And balance is a tricky thing because it means different things to different people so each of us has to find his or her own balance and of course if a spiritual discipline is practiced, self analysis is easier and faster and correction is almost as automatic as recognizing the so called excess :)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ET-1

I wonder about the ideas in this thread in light of recent insights I have had... and some other insights from the past ...

I like to hold an absolutist position, and found that the absolute meaning of a word is actually relative... the meaning comes from its use... and the writer uses it to write just as the reader uses it when reading... evidently individuals also use words at other times like when they speak words and hear words... The particular word of 'balance' to me can denote indecisive, and a bunch of other wishy-washy indeterminate, undecided, unsettled,, indefinite, unclear, ambiguous, vague stuff that keep stuff that allow for the undesirable to continue... I like to say that the perfectly good and perfectly bad will end up doing only good for the bad will be so bad that they do badly the bad things and only do good... :-) ; Recently an insight clicked and I got to understand better why 'balance' is despicable... the singular perfect way be the better way to go...

Move on instant by instant doing what be perfectly right so that this instant is perfect and the next is perfect too... Suicide only leads to repeating it over and over until the realization that we choose what to create and recreate moment by moment... how we live this moment and every future moment is key to happiness and this instant can actually change and redefine the past and future... One thought is all that it takes to move and set in motion infinite possibilities... so better choose wisely which thoughts to cultivate...

cheers et
Robanan

It's a little bit hard for me to swallow that Tom who wrote a whole book about freedom of choice about the course of development of individual intellects, mentioning explicitly the value and role of "intent" in one's conscious choices, has judged everyone on the planet and call it "collective suicide". Do you even know someone... hell anyone who would say they do actually want the planet to explode so they would die?

Suicide is a conscious act and a choice followed by immediate action of the individual which satisfies the choice made.The question regarding suicide goes like this if you ask the person:
Q:"Did you know if you do *** you'll end up dead?"
A:"Yes."

Q:"Did you want to do *** to kill yourself?"
A:"Yes."

Now let's replace "***" with "driving your car" so to make them according to what Tom calls Collective Suicide:
Q:"Did you know if you drive your car the planet is going to explode and you'll end up dead?"
(Different people will answer differently)
A1:"ummm... what???!!"
A2:"Do you really think that if I didn't drive my car the planet won't explode?"
A3:"I wasn't really sure, and I felt like I had no other choice at the moment."
A4:"I could also crash and die anytime you know... what's your point?"
A5:"No."
A6:"Yes."

Q:"Did you want to drive your car so the planet would explode to kill yourself?"
A:"No."

You see the difference? I'm not saying driving your car is okay, it still pollutes the environment, what I'm saying is that even if the planet explodes because of it, the case can not be classified as a suicide unless there is no intent to kill yourself the first place, so the choice is not to kill yourself, and the actions which lead to your death are motivated by other choices which will be exactly dealt with accordingly and flawlessly. Just think about those people who drive ambulances and save several lives day in day out. Do you really think all that is ignored when you're getting prepared for your next life?

I have seen some posts here where people whished others to die as a result of what is to come, just to be able to say "I told you so" in their face. Just know that armed with this intent it means if you could and had the power to pull the trigger on this world you'd do so. The destruction this intent of yours is unleashing upon others is a plague affecting everyone and everything around you and your attitude is a major setback for the development of the individual intellects you plague with this idea.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
ronald

I think collective suicide is a phrase word that can be understood to help shed light on personal responsibility.
I also think everyone can observe destructive group behaviors and also constructive ones.
Having a sense of collective responsibility is a wonderfull thing to experience.

Question. When did you last experience a sense of collective responsibility?
ET-1

Robanan wrote:The destruction this intent of yours is unleashing upon others is a plague affecting everyone and everything around you and your attitude is a major setback for the development of the individual intellects you plague with this idea.
hits home

I hope that my attitude and intent be unleashing upon others and myself stepping stones towards the development of the individual intellects which cultivate good stuff always... weary of the other possibilities ... As for the question you post ...

"Do you even know someone... hell anyone who would say they do actually want the planet to explode so they would die"?

Yes I do know of some ... just imagine when - One thought is all that it takes to move and set in motion infinite possibilities... so better choose wisely which thoughts to cultivate... and ensure they each and all lead to the same perfect outcome... now and forever...

cheers et
shezmear

I think if you take your own life , you commit an act with the intent being to end your life that is suicide. Anything else is not. Driving a car, going to work, having accident's. So my question is , when you drive a car do you drive that car to end your life?

I'm guessing the answer is no?

Then I'm thinking your pretty safe.

I think it boils down to intent, the universe seems to register intent, it like factored in to case an effect.

Another thing, I getting maybe you are afraid to come back so soon. I to have felt this and over time I have developed a perspective which has lead me to live a not only a happier life but also eliminated some fear of life.

I would recommend trying not to see your life as a purgatory.If I asked you a question, what would you like to experience while you are here? you could make me a list, I'm sure. Then if I said now go do all of those things you would be actively living your life. The result of this would be heighten experiences.Life would not be so bad after all. You would be the liver of your life.

There is no rule book to life per say, it's really about what do you want to experience.

Try and refrained from experiencing your life like a cold shower. I spent large portions of my life wanting to end it. And yet I now know it can be so many things.

You will never experiences the fullness of life while you are afraid of being hear or coming back.

Imagine trying to enjoy a movie and your constantly watching the time or worried about something else you don't really enjoy it.

I'll offer this, I think your issue is not in driving a car, but it is in the over analyze of information which has highlighted a glitch in your ethos for living.

I would also say think about how you can enjoy your life. what do you want from it? What do you want to experience?. If you think about this life will happen.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ronald

Documentary: Suicide Forest
Rezo

I have seen this documentary it is surreal...
Zio

Wow... and to think I visited places super close from that place...