Meditation Techniques

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

alexH

here's a meditation technique i discovered today through my own self-study.
If you're a person that remembers things as they're written, for example if you're doing a test and you're trying to remember the answer, you imagine it the way it was written when you studied it, and you can remember it better.

I use such a remembering method for sheet music, tests, and scripts.
So i thought of a meditation for people who have this kind of tendancy.

I call it "blank paper meditation"
If there is any thought that comes into mind, imagine a blank paper, and simply stare at it.
There is more ways to do it though-
If you're doing mantra meditation, you can imagine the letters writting "aaauummmmm" or "ooohhhhmmmmmm".

First, you should take a paper, and write your mantra about...100-300 times( or till it gets in your head), make sure the visual gets stuck in your head. When you start meditating, imagine the way it was written, and use that to discard thoughts.

During my mantra meditation, i had trouble finding ways to keep my mind blank. Eventually, i started imagining the way my mantra was written, without even knowing how this idea came to mind. it was natural, but i didn't pay attention to it.

So if anybody during meditation has unconcsiously started imagining the way the mantra was written, i suggest you try this method.

I've just started using it,but its working quite effectively.

I'm not sure if theres such a thing like this out there already, but i dont wanna spoil the thought that i came up with it :P, as well as i want to perfect it myself.
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha