Sudden and unexpected telepathy

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bobzw13

Sudden and unexpected telepathy

tonight, I went to let my dog out to use the bathroom, and as I was opening the door, a voice popped into my head that was so obviously not my own thought that it scared me. It said hello! in a very cheery voice. I had trouble deciding if the voice was more male or female, but I have decided that it is more female than male. Who do you guys think it could possibly be?
Rezo

Re: Sudden and unexpected telepathy

I had this happen years ago - perhaps mid to late nineties. The voice was definitely female, and it was during a meditation - needless to say it knocked me out of focus, for a couple seconds, with a 'friendly/tingly' 'feeling but it was decidedly not something I was used to. She said my name in a cheery voice as well.

In another instance, also in late nineties, it was a mans voice, during astral projection in lucid dream state, going back to my body when my alarm clock began going off, that said "danger!!" there was some delay/echo going on too. Turned out to 'come from' my roomate, who was still asleep. Never told him about that one.

Clairaudient sense can be interesting, and sometimes overwhelming. It only happened to me a few times, and each time was for lack of better description, 'immersing' in a way. Like, my mind was connecting with the mind of the other person speaking.

Each time it happens theres almost a 'click' or sound activating thing that goes on, just before the talking happens - that induces a feeling almost giddiness its hard to describe. probably because we never use this muscle [im guessing theres some neural junction 'muscle' involved we never really learned to use].
ptex

Bob,
It seems you're the only one who can find out the answer :)
No need to ask anyone because all you'll get are going to be other people's opinions about something which is your own.
Ask for guidance in getting the answer during meditation. That's about the best advice you can get ;)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rasmus

Sometimes when I'm with my friends, we start singing a random song exactly at the same time, same key and at the same place in the song.
We also seem to have the same thought patterns while we are together - Often when someone is saying something we add "oh, I was just thinking of that"...
I have also managed to answer the right answer in "guess-what/do-you-know?"-competions (or what they are called) the moment before the question have even been asked.

The experience with messages popping up in the head has happened to me too. Though, I always take it as a message from my higher self.. How to distinguish between a higher-self-message and a message from another person/being?
ronald

HS communications are easily identified by sense of authority, if, it is recognized.
The difficulty lies with refusing to truly accept a guiding superior self-authority and so the source of a message can often become a topic of confusion.

Person communications do not posses the authority attribute.
These often are readily discarded as casual thoughts and so again the source of the message is questioned.

A way to practice is to observe any of your casual thoughts. Many times, it can be found that none are actually casual, they all have an origin with specific purpose. However, due to lack of time to process your thoughts quietly (there are just to many) there is no option other then erasing them from your mind, and so lots of communication is missed out.

It is only a question of how to allow yourself the time to process any thoughts properly.
Here meditation can assist and basically does the job for you.
Another method that is helpful to identify the message source is to go back to a certain moment in your life via self hypnosis (focused concentration) and try to observe the thoughts again you had at a certain time.(You can remember everything!!) This will often bring more clarity to a situation.

Both mediation and concentration assist in building a skill to distinguish thoughts. The more you toggle between these extremes, the faster your ability becomes to process your thoughts. At a certain time, you will not need to take time or effort to practice anymore, you will become so fast thinking that you can observe it nearly instantly.

..eh?, what did I say just now ;)
Rezo

Interesting Ron, to mention authority being a feature of HS communication.

Many distractions, internal and external - make it seem very hard to tell at the time. Hopefully with practice it becomes clear during the experience [like 'caller id'] versus weeks or even years later. While certain HS messages may take such time [are 'meant' to take longer?] to fully understand.
avelino

i had a somewhat similar experience happen to me a few years ago. i had been lying in bed for a while, trying unsuccessfully to sleep. out of no where, i hear a voice accompanied with a soft static sound. talking as if in the middle of a conversation with someone else but i dont hear the other voice. im almost completely sure it wasnt talking to me. it was a clear voice(male) talking calmly and i heard it not with my ears but within my mind somehow. it caught me by surprise and caused me to be the most frightened that i've ever been! looking back now, i dont believe it was my higher self but maybe my higher self allowed me to experience this for some purpose. at the time though i felt like my mind tuned into someone's phone or radio conversation and it had to do with something electric because of the backround noise, and maybe the fillings in my mouth had something to do with it :scratch: i still dont really know how to explain it but if something similar happens again id like to try to communicate back.
bomohwkl

i concur with Ronald. Again HS may directly speak to you as clear as you are listening to others but usually in a short direct sentences. nothing long winded,
bobzw13

The feeling that accompanied the message can be described as confident and playful authority. Like a friendly hello, but it felt like they had authority over me.
teradactyl

ive experienced just very smart rhetorical questions directed at me to overcome anxiety (panic attacks etc) and also to overcome personal situations of discomfort(in relationships)....the best i can say is i asked myself the question and i answered the questions in a way i had never been aware of the answer prior to asking, but i answered it as though i KNEW the answer.

this happened nearly 2-3 weeks ago, here at my desk at work. it was a small thought, but i guess i must have concentrated on finding the answer hard enough to get it immediately.
Om Mani Padme Om