Bates Method and eyesight improvement

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

How is your eyesight?

Better than 20/20
No votes
"perfect vision" (20/20 as measured on the snellen eye chart)
No votes
Myopic "nearsighted" or trouble seeings things from afar and if so to what degree?
80%
Hyperopia "Farsightedness" or trouble seeing things that are up close.
20%

Total votes: 5

Jicoba

Bates Method and eyesight improvement

Hello everyone, a few years ago when I read the freedom of choice I started to analyze and evaluate what I did and what I thought I knew. This brought me to research many things (5 hours daily) one of the things I came upon was natural eyesight improvement. After about 2 years of being glasses free the blur has lessened somewhat. About a month ago I started doing exercises and experimenting with various ways. After the first week I had several flashes of much superior vision and lately I am skilled enough to be able to reproduce it dozens of times per day. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with eyesight recovery and how many of you guys have eyesight problems? I am working towards more permanent improvements (my vision is about 20/50 or so, but my clear flashes of vision can be around 20/20 but usually don't last longer than a minute).
As I want to travel after college and because of general self-improvement interest, I really want to be able to use my eyesight to see everything without a great strain or blur, and I know that it is possible but I have yet to get more permanent improvements.
ronald

Re: Bates Method and eyesight improvement

In some way maybe I have recovered my natural eyesight. Throughout the elementary yeas up to adulthood I had been offer to wear glasses. (there was a particular reason for that, but this doesn't matter so much)
The moment I discovered that my natural and so called bad eyesight was actually better, more healthier for me I took of the glasses. For a while I experimented with several kind of glasses, to be sure I understood what would be healthiest for me.
Soon after the moment came I took them of for good(for now at least).
I now live without glasses for many years and soon after I was glassless, the world and my perception changed drastically.
This doesn't mean I have good eyesight. It only means I have discovered the purpose of a physical limitation and use it to my advantage. By taking of glasses you can be steered faster in the right direction, even if, you don't see it so sharply ;)
Without glasses in between, you can see at others directly. And that is definitely and advantage.