Forum closure

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we close the forum?

Yes, definitely close it
7%
Yes, but keep a downloadable file with its all time contents
29%
Maybe, not sure, no opinion
No votes
No, try to revive it (suggest how in a post below)´
7%
No, just keep going - participation will come in due time
57%

Total votes: 14

ptex

Forum closure

• Dear forum member,
    Since we arrived to a zero participation in this forum consistently for the last couple of months and this seems a tendency to remain, we're interested in learning your opinion about its possible permanent closure.
    Please vote below in our poll and post your opinion in case you have something relevant to share.
    Thank you
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ronald

Re: Forum closure

Archive the entire ‘anonymized’ forum for download by members only.
For privacy consideration, Unless there is a specific request for allowing information to be non-anonimized, no names will appear in the archive.

Start with a blank 0 post 0 member forum. Those wanting to post previous information again may do so but not just as a 100% copy of their previous life and by creating a new member login.
ptex

Thanks Ronald,
If I understood correctly you're suggesting a double approach:
  • 1) To make a downloadable (anonymized or not) version of the current forum status
    2) To completely "reset" the forum's topics and post
ronald

Yes. I vote to reincarnate, and on the same category ;)
Rezo

I agree, this would be a sensible option.
Aisin

Hi Ptex,

Thank you for your hard work all these years keeping the forum up and running. [On a side note, also big thanks to Rezo and Ronald for moderating the forum]

I suppose the forum has reached the end of its natural lifespan, it had happened to ICQ and Friendster for example. Closing it doesn't mean the effort to spread the book and the message ends. The forum is just a tool. There will be other tools to continue the effort (possibly the existing Facebook group?). The quest for spiritual enlightenment continues, whether for the individual or the collective readers.

There had been invaluable discussions and information shared in this forum. I would suggest to leave it to your discretion on how to preserve it or make it available to public.

I am feeling sad to see the forum go. But it is just the same as bidding farewell to a beloved old person who is ready to leave the material world. There is a time to let go. Fond memories will remain.

Thank you once again for taking over the forum from Vesko and maintaining it over the years.
rufo

regarding the closing of the forum, it would be a little sad because the information in the Thiaoouba material is VERY important to have online and as much information as possible, so hope the info on the forum will live on.(And can ask the adm on galacitic.to (tore alfstad, http://galactic.to/TOREALF/ ) to make the info on this forum available on his many servers, if it would be possible or desirable. There I have the info on the book, http://www.galactic.no/rune/thaoeng.html

best regards/ RUNE :applause:
ptex

@Ronald: Yep, cat 1. We still have a lot to learn and evolve ;)

@Aisin: Thank you so much for your beautiful words. You're right, a lot of time and effort have been contributed by Ronald and Rezo. Indeed impermanence and change is to be expected, spcially on a planet with these characteristics :)

@Rune, thanks for sharing. It's one of the options to consider when it comes to forum preservation.

At this time I'm still collecting feedback and organizing ideas about the best way to proceed, so no final decision has been made but it was high time to bring this subject to discussion. Closure is indeed one of the options but then again other options are also possible.

Let's see what's the outcome of this and @everyone please keep sharing your opinion, we value it and will take it into consideration for the final decision.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Aisin

@Ptex, a lot of time and effort have been contributed by you as well. I wouldn't want to burden you further for working on the forum if it's inactive.

7 votes collected after 1 week, it says something about the activity level of the forum, I guess 500+ members had been notified by email. That is only about 1% of members‘ response. I myself had been dormant in terms of discussion, but upon receiving such an email, I felt I had to login to take a look.

I have another suggestion, why don't we take this as a chance to run a campaign to spread the book, even if we eventually come to the possible conclusion of closing down the forum. Each of us choose a method to share the message / the book during the campaign period. For example, I pledge to share a post introducing the book to a local book club with 6000 members.

It is much easier to share and broadcast messages about the book now than in the 1980s. Instead of buying hardcopies and send to our local libraries (and risk being rejected) and waiting for the books to be discovered, there are now ebook versions, and with the use of the internet, messages travel wide and far easily.
ptex

Thanks for a very well done and relevant analysis @Aisin!!
I completely agree with your suggestion, it's a great way to use the resources while we still have them :)
Krad

I would certainly not be happy if the forum would close.
But I would definitely prefer the informations to be archived in some shape.

On the other hand, I think I do have an idea to revive the forum.

As a physicist I *think* I may be able to give at least a very roughly acceptable hypothesis for some technological aspects of the book. (Except for the water-creating machine and such)
I think, that we could perhaps start some discussion about those.

A very interesting aspect is that after I have made my own, scientifically acceptable explanation for superluminal travel, I have found that a very old version of "Abduction to the ninth planet" had, on its back written a few sentence about it.
That sentence would mean nothing for you, but it had given me a level of certainty.

Such increadibly small pieces of information need to be collected.
Also, I would desperately want to listen to the "Thiaoouba truths" audios, but I am not even sure if those can be bought. After such a long time, would it be possible to share it?