Vegetarian: Good or Bad?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Teda

Lifestyle Without Food

http://niejedzenie.info/english/text/lswf.pdf

This book has not been published, nor has it been checked for grammatical errors. However, it’s a great read if you’re interested in health, detox, fasting and breatharianism.
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Teda

Glimpses of Reality

Since this book is health related and written by an author who has been a fruitarian for 12 years, I thought this might be the place to ask my question.

Does anyone have a copy of Glimpses of Reality by Benito De Dono? If so, can I borrow it?

- Maori proverb
Trygon

In my opinion tis a good idea to eat both veg and meat. It is required in order to receive full vitiman intake, though you can get meat only vitimans by taking pills. Pills though seem un-natural. I have a 50/50 diet when it comes to meat and veg.
"I know what I want,
I say what I want,
And no one can take it away"
survivor

Trygon wrote: In my opinion tis a good idea to eat both veg and meat.
..and you're entitled to your opinion.

Trygon wrote:It is required in order to receive full vitiman intake, though you can get meat only vitimans by taking pills.
Required by 'whom'? Do a little research re-vitamins and you'll find that you don't have to eat meat.

Recently an Australian survey said that, "eating red meat more than twice a week could heighten the risk of developing cancer. With you being a dedictaed christain and all, then shouldn't you take the advice, literally?

Trygon wrote: Pills though seem un-natural. I have a 50/50 diet when it comes to meat and veg.
...and some people consider killing animals merely for the consuption of food to be un-natural.

Pills? ..each to their own.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
pattern

I haven't found the time to read this thread very thoroughly, but ive done extensive "online, random" research on healthy living practices.

Im only 17, so I realize i may come off as arrogant and new age lol...

anyway, the "Creator" if you want to call it that, has enabled us with every sensitive purifying mechanisms when eating... the nose... the tastebuds... the eyes... etc. When you have been eating "pure" for awhile, you can tell what I mean by this... impure food will smell "distasteful", sometimes look distasteful, and definitly taste "weird". This all depends on the individuals UNIQUE nutrient NEEDS. Noone can give you 100% accuracte food list, but there are SOME guidelines that are RECURRING through the population. I personally don't think meat should be eaten more than once a month, unless your "developing" important organs like during the early years... MAYBE then the "nutrient" needs are "increased" as far as time goes...

most importantly, we're all eating complex forms of sunlight and stuff right? If you get to the bottom of the food chain (sunlight)... so yes the "breatharians" or whatever is logical, but I don't think it is on this "impure" planet thanks to us filthy human practices. Plants and stuff can purify the "food" to make it "safer" for us... this is my opinion. I think animals are in the same boat we are... going ultimately for the "plant" food, but some animals are "wired" to eliminate other animals because its neccesary for population control, among other reasons im not "tuned in" to.

also the guy or girl posting that jesus said "food doesnt hurt your spirit" is completly wrong, i dont care if he's jesus, either he's wrong or we're misinterpreting it. FOOD DOES AFFECT YOUR THINKING. You put someone on a filthy acid diet, they arent going to be "developing" their spirituality anytime soon. Wise eating practices are essential!!!

Anyway, we could delve into the science aspect of food, or we could go with the "senses" we were given. I think we should use both personally... so heres my suggestions on eating/drinking

i emphasize these are guidelines, and by no means rules

Water and that special tea you're all fanatic about for drinking
(green tea is one i think)

the most direct forms of sunlight you can get for eating, and the most diverse forms... as sunlight can only be "mutated" into the nutrients we need by other organisms, such as plants, you need to get a variety... I would THINK that having your own garden and eating food out of that, even if its the "same, old" food is better than eating diverse "commercial" produce... still... mix it up... eat whats in season.. .eat whats natural... NEVER eat anything that doesnt occur naturally without the help of man's hands. except that green tea your fanatic about, of course LMAO

edit: ill update more later, but i just realized the *omg* thiaooubians *omg* have factories referenced in the book to their food etc etc... id like to remind you that given the story is true, their planet is sooooo healthy and i think their "factories" are just there to make food "more convenient"...organized processing might work in Thiaoouba, but it isnt efficient on Earth, just look at the chicken farms.

btw the alkaline vs acidity "quackery" has sparked my imagination recently, anyone read up on this?
alexH

Should I?

Hmmm, i've been wondering if i should start fasting as in (TJOPH), and then after turn into a vegan? Anybody got any advice/opinions whether i should?
Too bad, i weigh very little, and i'm at my "time of growing."
People use this excuse to make me eat, but i'm not sure what i should really eat at this time of my life. I'm 14, just starting puberty:P, but i guess i need more food to grow, its just i dont know what to eat.
help?
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
ptex

Hi AlexH,

I believe you're the best person to make your own decision. It's your free will after all and you should never give up on it :)

Some members experience on fasting can very much be relevant to you though. You may want to check the following thread: viewtopic.php?t=1040

My experience with fasting is also detailed here.

So after you read the posts and document yourself on fasting and a healthy diet you'll be ready to make a reasonably easier decision.

Good luck with it all :thumleft:
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
blacksands

Re: Vegetarian: Good or Bad?

I believe that Vegetarianism is good Karmically speaking because we're not bringing in the suffering of animals. Physically though I'm not so sure that all physical bodies are up to it. I find that I need a small amount of meat in my diet.
Teda

blacksands wrote:I believe that Vegetarianism is good Karmically speaking because we're not bringing in the suffering of animals. Physically though I'm not so sure that all physical bodies are up to it. I find that I need a small amount of meat in my diet.
Blacksands, I read that two third of the population are required to eat small animal products to maintain balance. It has something to do with the level of acid and alkalinity in our blood.

While here, I would to share a video I think you’d all enjoy. The Secret Life of Plants. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8977368381

Cheers!

- Maori proverb
v1ru5

Well I use to fast in the past and considered being a vegitarion for sometime.
But as i started taking energy mastering classes with my teacher L. Raihnon (http://www.manohriti.com.au/)
He explained that what ever we eat, if it makes you sick your not meant to eat it. If we arent meant to eat meat, we would throw it up straight away or get really sick afterwards.

But i guess its a moral choice not to eat meat due to being very sensitive to living animals. And vegans have taken it into extremes, cant imagine eating fruit that falls on the floor first.
Cheers.
Our emotions rule intellect 3:1, our minds negativity dose much the same with no regard to our optism, could it be that our emotions that prime us is doomed to fail us?
avelino

i have also read that book "we want to live" mentioned earlier in this thread along with other books and numerous articles regarding healthy eating. my opinion is that since everyone is different and everyone's optimum diet will be different as well. some will do very well on a completely veagan diet, other's a primarily meat/protein diet, and most probably dont need to go to either extremes. listening to your own body will probably be better than looking for the ultimate answer on the net. everyone though will be better off avoiding processed and packacked foods because there is little to no life energy in these products and will rob you of your own body to process them.

since this thread is about being vegetarian i wanted to share this video link about how plants have a level of consciousness and may not only be cable of emotion but are able to detect the emotions of other living things. those who are considering a vegetarian or veagan diet for moral reasons might want to check this video out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmD-RTmN ... r_embedded ...if you are going to let "right and wrong" decide your diet then you cant really eat anything that kills ANY living thing, including plants. i guess what would be left to eat would be the fruits, nuts, and vegetables that would fall off the trees and plants naturally. and i suppose unfertalized eggs and milk would be okay as well depending on what your opinion of right and wrong is.

the raw vs cooked can be a little more complicated than yes or no since some vegetables' nutrients are said to be more accesible when cooked but im leaning much more towards raw since you can probably find all the neccesary nutrients in raw foods that you will find in any cooked foods while still having their active enzymes. i have tried raw red meat after reading "we want to live" and its actually taste pretty good and seems to be easier on the digestive system than when cooked. raw milk should be the only milk consumed. and raw fats(there are different types btw) should also be something to consider when choosing what to eat. according to dr. Dr. Johanna Budwig the human body has the highest concentration of the sun's protons on earth and having enough of these omega fatty acids in your diet is key on whether your body will be receptive to the suns energy in a healthy way or damage your skin.

i wonder how the "manna" bread on thiaoouba is prepared. not all bread has to be baked in an oven- i have read that the recipe for manna bread jesus provided was basically to soak and sprout the wheat, grind, form in a ball, and set out in the sun - it seems to dehydrate rather than to bake or cook. something i will have to try when the weather warms up.
Rezo

Dr Budwig is amazing. thanks for sharing that. yeah ive actually had raw meat as well, it was easier to digest but it was a while ago, honestly. usually i have more problems with digesting red meat at all [cooked]. but generally i eat little meat, more nuts/sprouts and fruits w/l glutamine [avocados, asparagus [veg]]. apparently the avocado pit has lot more of it, and you need to blend in high powered blender to get @ it [pretty loud blender @ 3 hp]. so theres the noise thing, there.

I think david wolfe tried raw meat, but that may only be a rumor! let us know how the manna experiments go, interesting stuff!
avelino

Rezo, thats interesting to hear that about david wolfe. i read that many of the vegan raw food gurus may not be as healthy as they portray themselves to be but will hide their health issues, so maybe there is some truth to the rumor... do you soak every type of nut before consuming them? i figure you may soak them since you also mentioned sprouts being in your diet. im still not sure if it would be better to soak pine, macadamia, and brazil nuts.

anyone here enjoy any fermented foods? many of the problems vegan raw foodists encounter seem to deal with the antinutrients naturally occurring in various vegetables, grains, and nuts which prevent absorbtion of some vitamins, minerals, etc. fermentation is said to help neutralize these antinutrients and also even produce vitamins and enzymes that would never be present in the food otherwise. i have just recently started reading about the benefits of eating fermented foods and how to prepare a few dishes and have been very happy with my experiences. so far i have tried making bread/pizza/pancakes with natural yeast, raw milk kefir, and kimchi. im hoping to try many more, maybe some japanese dishes like natto and traditionally prepared miso soup soon. anyone have a fermented food you would recommend?
Mlody

http://shamz.hubpages.com/hub/Processed ... onsumption

Not totally of topic - however maybe something to encourage more healthy and vegan/vegetarian lifestyle
Rezo

I love barley miso spread [never made my own yet], and kim chi!! I add alaria to it. sometimes ill grate ginger and press to get out some juice :eat:

im in a local gardening group where sometimes we meet to also do food related stuff . And Ive heard amazing things about natto but am yet to try any...

... the nuts i rarely soak - unless I'm to blend them to make milk [and leave when its turned on]. I call it 'green milk' b/c I add my spirulina and some coconut water. Ive yet to try w/pistachios. Its really good!

I'm hoping to actually grow some various grain like amaranth and quinoa, im thinking itd be great to make a 'raw bread' out of either of those. first though, i need to learn to grow - anything at all :lol: