Music that Inspires

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt

Well, I've only gone rock climbing once :) Maybe it's just me, but it got me pretty pumped being up so high looking down at everything so small. Then again back in the day I was afraid of heights so it might have just been an expression of conquering my fears.
Teda

I'll go Skydiving and Rockclimbing anyday, it only gets your adrenalin pumping in the first few jumps and then it's game of precision.

If you want to pump up and feel all a'loving, listen to Elvis, he rocks! \:D/
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Teda

ivan4iai wrote:I like classical music a lot, such as Beethoven and Mozart.
I think it stimulates my consciousness in a positive way. Very peaceful and keeps me mentally awake, so I find it spiritual.

I wouldn't recommend any music that would make you mentally sleep, such as new age music.
I don't recommend metal and heavy metal because most of the time it is very angry music.
I like classical music too. When my kids were little, I played it often just before they go bed and now they have an appreciation for it when it's time to study or relax. Great stuff.

- Maori proverb
survivor

Maybe my post is irrelevant BUT I rarely listen to music these days, if at all.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Zark

survivor wrote:Maybe my post is irrelevant BUT I rarely listen to music these days, if at all.
Same here. I prefer to do some reading or try some meditation (not claiming to be a good meditator though!). No doubt music can really calm the mind of some people very effectively. That in itself is useful. However I would like to learn to bring that level of peace from within without the need of something external whether it be something as gentle as classical music or something crude like alcohol / prozac / etc.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Teda

It would be interesting to see how long you can go without music though, in total silence as if you're wearing ear plugs. Being deaf myself, I have lived without music for months and years at a time, but I can only go so long before I crave music, to reconnect... and when I do, it is usually an intense experience. Most of us have taken music for granted, dancing and listening to it without 100% concentration. The less we drown our senses, the more we appreciate subtle things in life. Try it!

- Maori proverb
Eon

I really do not share the view that music is some kind of tool that "helps you do something with your mind". It is art. And art is a form of communication. Just like writing "Thiaaouba Prophecy" is.. Unless it is some kind of "music that helps you meditate" nonsense, of course. It is interesting how a lot of music I listen to gets me in meditative state much more than these sounds that are being pushed in New Age market, but people who have created this music do not try to sell it that way at all..
For all I know, enjoying art is one of the highlights of my current life.
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
Rezo

agreed - so much. some of the songs i mentioned im not as into now...still like samchillian and thummer keys. They have a freeware samchillian at samchillian.com - I have it and its real fun . Just to pass time.

another artist i like is moot booxle [matt baxley] specifically the do-it-yourself talkbox [cool!] and the song 'what is the time' is just awesome!! you can find his page on myspace, just type in moot booxle you should find it. hes blues and r/b soul based, with some experimental synth-play also.

i def listen to music less although my posts may suggest the contrary. but its true. i can sing most songs i like in my head or play them on my guitar if i want, and i actually play guitar a lot less too for some reason.

lately i find myself writing ideas down, sort of a math/art fusion thing now, fun stuff. i dont take it serious, just fun.
ArioK

Listen to Eye of the Tiger from Survivor

Listen to Eye of the Tiger from Survivor. Very Inspirational song.
You know the Rocky Movie Song. Great one. I am sure it calibrates to high 500 area on applied kinesiology
" All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Lord Buddha.... Think Love, Be Love.