Music that Inspires

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

theres a very interesting instrument called the chapman stick. Its a guitar that you tap on, so it can be played like a piano. Other guitar players are usually the ones who think is really cool

A particular artist has very inspiring sound for me, thats Greg Howard.
Heres a video of a performance he did in San Jose, CA:

http://www.stick.com/onlinevideos/bigbang2.html

There are other very interesting and highly original musical instruments, showcased on a site called http://www.oddmusic.com. I find these, also, to be very inspiring, in the sense of both creative imagination and the sound on its own. Some instruments there are atonal, some are highly ordered.

One instrument on there I think would be great to have around a home would be the 'aolean windchime' [unfortunately its pretty expensive for the large one]. But still...amazing!
shezmear

I watched the video, very good,also will be checking out the site...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ShahKorR

Music that inspires

Hello everyone i hope all is well with your family friends and in particular your lives?

Have you heard of about music that is made using modular analog sequencers and software for creating algorithmic MIDI music and graphics from Fractals, DNA, EEGs, EKGs, and other data? So what this does is create the sound of what the body is made of or vibrating at. I found it very interesting and relaxing myself especially during meditation it was very uplifing, but when having friends listen to it who are not very spiritually aware they didnt like it well not didnt like it but did not have any interest in listening. Almost as though they feared the fact. Very strange, Anyway have a look and listen and let em know your thoughts.

http://www.thednastore.com/dnastuff/music.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... music.html

many other sites as well as free downloads please search the web!

Peace, Love and light.....
When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness.

~ Bhagavad Gita
Rezo

very interesting stuff, ShahKorR,

I am curious as to the effect of this type of fractal-music, depending on the way the parameters of the molecules being recorded, are set [timber, pitch, pan, volume intensity/dynamic, harmonics, etc], and what aspects of the molecules were picked up on, and which weren't.

I already possess some Chinese 5-element music which can work sometimes, but not always.
Many of the modular synth pieces that use microtonal bells, like collagen, on the site below, sound like Gamelan a bit:

http://whozoo.org/mac/Music/collagen.mp3

I also think picking up the actual sounds, if any, could be useful. I believe it was very very small microphones used to detect and record vibrations of interior of trees transporting the water. Sounded like a 'creaking'.
Rezo

A guitar artist I really love is Oscar Lopez, flamenco guitar player. Some of my favorite songs of his are Mr. Melody, Lucia, and Bailando Rumba. Also like Paco de Lucia as well. Another whom I recently discovered, a Jazz guitarist, Frank Gambale.
Last edited by Rezo on Wed May 23, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eon

Over a last few years I'm really deep into electronic music, because I feel there are less sound limits there, and it is the music which "elevates" me the most. ;) My favorite styles happen to be ambient , minimal , IDM (Intelligent Dance Music).

I'd like to name few of my favorite artists/albums:

Fluxion - Vibrant Forms ; Vibrant Forms II (this is some of the deepest sound I've heard in my life, can't get enough of those albums)

Rod Modell - Electromagnetic-Etheric Systems Approach ; The Autonomous Music Project ; Vibrasound

Rod Modell and Michael Mantra - Sonic Continuum ; Radio Fore

Robert Henke - Layering Buddha ; Signal To Noise ; Floating Point

Monolake - Gravity ; Hong Kong ; Cinemascope ; Interstate

Vladislav Delay - Multila ; Entain ; Anima ; Demo(n) Tracks ; Whistleblower

Octex - Idei Lahesna

Marc Leclair - Musique Pour 3 Femmes Enceinte

Kit Clayton - Lateral Forces (Surface Fault)

Autechre - Incunabula ; Amber ; Tri Repetae ; Garbage ; Confield ; Draft 7.30

Gez Varley - Bayou Paradis

Gas - Gas ; Pop ; Koenigforst

Yagya - Rhythm Of Snow ; Will I Dream During The Process ?

Omenya - The Dark Meditations ; Ancient Rites

Tim H e c k e r - Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again ; Harmony In Ultraviolet ; Radio Amor

Jetone - Ultramarin ; Autumnumonia

Global Communication - Pentamerous Metamorphosis ; 76.14

Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children ; Geogaddi

Deadbeat - Wild Life Documentaries ; New World Observer ; Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Arovane - Lilies ; Tides

Hallucinator - Landlocked

Ozy - Tokei

Oophoi - Athlit ; Hymns To A Silent Sky ; The Spirals Of Time ; Dreams ; Mare Tranquillitatis ; Mare Imbrium ; The Rustling Of Leaves

Oophoi & Tau Ceti - Celestial Geometries ; Archaic Oceans ; Subterranea

Oophoi and Louisa John-Krol - I Hear The Water Dreaming

Robert Rich - Calling Down The Sky

Robert Rich & Alio Die - Fissures

Robert Rich with Steve Roach - Soma

Theorem vs. Sutekh, Swayzak & Stewart Walker - Experiments In Synchronicity

Vainqueur - Elevations

Sutekh - Periods Make Sense

Funckarma - Elaztiq Bourbon 5

Sense - A View From A Vulnerable Place

Rhythm & Sound - Rhythm & Sound ; See Mi Yah

Yasume - Where We're From The Birds Sing A Pretty Song

Donnacha Costello - Together Is The New Alone

Porter Ricks - Biokinetics
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
Leo

Been listening a lot to Carlos Santana and his guitar playing antics lately, seems to "elevate" me. In his film clips of late, he seems to play from the heart. Have heard Carlos is a very spiritual man, just not sure in what sense.

Nicklebacks "If Everyone Cared" says volumes for what we as a people must do, and what has been done. The film clip is very inspirational. Features such people as Betty Williams, Peter Benenson, Nelson Mandela and Margaret Mead.
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died...
Love and peace to all :)
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Rezo

The new Rush song, 'hope'. just acoustic 12 string, about 2 minutes, key of D dorian - a wonderful yet so simple little song.
Rezo

Ive just discovered another artist that plays 'chapman-stick' styled guitar: One in particular is Andy McKee. I really enjoy the sounds he creates. Another is Erik Mongrain.
Rezo

Ive mentioned my partiality to chapman stick and greg howards songs, another I love is 'ether ore', and 'water'.
ivan4iai

I like classical music a lot, such as Beethoven and Mozart.
I think it stimulates my consciousness in a positive way. Very peaceful and keeps me mentally awake, so I find it spiritual.

I wouldn't recommend any music that would make you mentally sleep, such as new age music.
I don't recommend metal and heavy metal because most of the time it is very angry music.
Essene

I have to agree with you there ivan.

I myself have never really understood heavy metal music, or screamo music. Why would anyone enjoy songs about very negative things and becoming angry...
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Matt

Essene wrote:I have to agree with you there ivan.

I myself have never really understood heavy metal music, or screamo music. Why would anyone enjoy songs about very negative things and becoming angry...
It gets your adrenaline pumping. That's why people go rock climbing, sky diving.. It's as addicting as a cigarette.
Essene

Hey if thats what does it for you my or anyone else's opinion doesn't matter at all. I also like to get pumped up when I'm running or working out, metal can do this, its just the lyrics and people whining about things that just don't matter (at least to me) are sometimes too negative and depressing for me.

I have a lot of music themes from movies such as LOTR, the irish dance from last of the mohicans etc....
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Aisin

Matt wrote:It gets your adrenaline pumping. That's why people go rock climbing, sky diving.. It's as addicting as a cigarette.
I agree, except for the part on rock climbing. Rock climbing doesn't induce much adrenaline rush, but more like a game of physical strength & endurance.