Gurus / Spiritual teachers and the light within

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Gurus / Spiritual teachers and the light within

In full agreement with Michel's book, a wonderful piece by T. T. Swami Rama (whom you know from other posts of mine):

http://swamij.com/swami-rama-guru.htm

I started to quote but so much was worth quoting that in the end, I decided to quote only the following, which should get you interested:
In the Himalayas the teacher examines the student and the student examines the teacher. When my master sent me to various teachers he told me, “The teacher who can sit still for a long time is a good teacher because he has practiced something. Listen to him. If the teacher changes his posture many times in five minutes, do not waste your time there.” There are certain signs and symptoms that have been explained by the great scriptures. The scriptures help the student to know who is a good teacher so he does not waste much time. Otherwise, what are we teachers doing?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
shezmear

thanks for the link...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ronald

Re: Gurus / Spiritual teachers and the light within

Sorry, I had previously post the above link in a haste.

The video is titled: The content of your mind is not your choice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btJHqGY0l8

From Sadhguru, founder of the Isha Foundation.

ps. I don't recommend watching the video :wink:
alliswell

Re: Gurus / Spiritual teachers and the light within

Thanks for your link.