Mu and Atlantis

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

Lachie

Mu and Atlantis

Hi guys,

I want you to consider the possibility that the civilizations of Mu and Atlantis, as described in The Book, did not exist at all but are simple templates for a good civilization that we can achieve here on Earth. If I was teaching a student something very important I would make sure I included some element of his past, or something that fascinated him, in order to make it interesting to him... effectively personalising the lesson.

I'm just playing Doubting Thomas here - the lesson is undoubedly an excellent one and I am inspired by the example of Mu as presented in the book, but we must consider the possibility that it did not exist physically.

There are of course many physical proofs and manifestations like the Easter Island statues and underwater cities, but it is interesting nonetheless to consider whether they really did exist, or whether they were plucked from our collective imagination and used as a lesson plan.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
bomohwkl

Intelligent being and as evloved as Jesus, doesn't tell lie.
Zark

bomohwkl wrote:Intelligent being and as evloved as Jesus, doesn't tell lie.
good point. I am sure there is a little doubting thomas in all of us.. depending on how great a trust we put on Thao and their messenger Michael.

Growing up on a world filled with devious liars, corrupt people, lawyers and politicians.. We quickly lose our ability to trust anyone.

I think that when we have a deep distrust for someone, the natural result is normally fear.. what do you think?

metta
z
~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘Unfortunately, in the case that concerns us, the consequences are much more serious than the burn of a child. It’s the destruction of your entire planet that is at risk - with no second chance if you don’t place your trust in those who want to help you. -- TP
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Meedan

Luckily, we have that important ability: reason. We can see that what is being said makes sense, and that most other possibilities make far less sense. We don't think TP is true just because we trust Michel, it is because we are being presented with a view of the universe that totally makes sense. This means that most of the important things in TP - the things about the workings of the universe - are verifiable even through logic and reason alone (TFOC).

In this specific case, we can use reason to predict that the intelligent inhabitants of Thiaoouba would not tell lies.
With Love
Kestrel

8) Although its indeed important to consider and think about such questions.

I see what you're saying. However, I think that through training that if one can ask help of their higherself in exploring the planets history. Through the Pyscosphere you could better verify and understand both locals.
Lachie

If a person from Thiaoouba thought it was in our best interests i doubt that they would have any moral conflict with lying. Well, I cannot claim to speak for them - and I am strongly playing devil's advocate here - but perhaps they would mislead us, or would refuse to answer, or something along those lines. Here on earth we are focused on 'never lying' cause if that was not a requirement, then we'd lie all the time. However, I think on the 9th Planet they would be more focused on the lessons we are learning rather than whether or not a single action of theirs is considered morally correct by Earth standards.

Thats my wide-perspective view. I am not saying that they have lied, or that they will lie, but it is dangerous to think that they could never lie... i'm sure you all know what happens when people believed everything in the Bible was true because "Jesus/God wouldn't lie"...

I'm trying to be a Doubting Thomas here. Through examining all angles we can perhaps achieve a new dimension of insight into the Book. For the record, if there was an obfuscation in the Book then there would have to be a good reason, and it would be in our best interests to believe that.

Meedan, I agree, the world presented in Michel's book makes sense to us, but if you present a story involving aliens to someone in the street, and say it is a logical universe, they would likely laugh at you. Logic and reason are always subjective.

It's interesting but if you look at The Book in a historical context, for example, maybe they were using current societal metaphors as a base for the parables (like in biblical times, using things like travelling by goat and donkey, and jars of mead, and so on...).

To use an example, perhaps the 9 categories of planets are a metaphor for 9 different dimensions or 'planes'... warped and changed for our "science fiction generation". (Yes, Meedan, we know that you see no reason for there to be different dimensions :P You remember that ancient advanced people could use pyramids to explore different dimensions, and that different dimensions were mentioned in the Book?) Maybe instead of travelling by donkey, for this generation Jesus travels by spaceship...

Do you see where I'm headed here? A little doubt is a good thing.

Take care all,

Lachie

PS. Vesko don't be scared to disagree with me :) [personal message]
God is a games designer =]
Zark

Lachie wrote:... i'm sure you all know what happens when people believed everything in the Bible was true because "Jesus/God wouldn't lie"...
yes I agree that they bible should not be treated as "God's word" and absolutely 100% true. To me the bible is an interesting collection of books written by men. And I do believe Thao when she says that the majority of the writers reported honestly on the events that had occurred. As for whether Jesus/Thaori would lie - well I will give them the benefit of the doubt. That is to say I intend to trust them until proven otherwise.

I think it is very very dangerous that Christians today consider the writings of apostles, Moses, etc are treated as the "Word of God". Only a small fraction of the text is in fact attributed to things a god/angel said.

metta
z
Last edited by Zark on Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Lachie wrote:Jesus travels by spaceship...
Which is why he is called "the morning star" in the bible (I can not remember where exactly.. perhaps in revelations). And why heaven was said to be in the sky , although simple minds misunderstood this.

Also, in chinese the word "Tao" means: The way, the teaching, the path, or "the way humans should follow".. or "the Way of nature and the universe"
Meedan

If you think they would do something like that then it may be interesting to explore the possibilities. However, in this specific case, there are too many details and parts of the book which suggest that it is definitely not just a lie/parable.

For example, you must also be saying that Lationusi was lying, since they said that Lationusi was the king of Mu. They must have also made up the psychosphere experience, and Michel's past life. Almost half of the book would have to be a lie.
With Love
Vesko

Lachie, the answer to your question is tying all the little details from other sources. The answer does not lie in any single detail I can think of. I now see that there is a definite need for a FAQ-type collection of questions and answers that may arise regarding the book. I think we could all participate in the building of such a FAQ. It won't try to muddle the book's info, it will try to give people more food for thought. But I think we should not start building, if at all, such a collection right now. It is better to get more people participating on the forum first, in order to be more clear of people's thoughts and questions. This FAQ will be, then, an extract of the forum's discussions.
So, guys, keep your eyes and ears opened, read all you can, and we'll surely get some really eye-opening information here in the future.

But I don't want to evade your question completely right now, and I'd like to put down some bits off the top of my mind.

One of the greatest proofs about the existence of the civilization of Mu is that there are unbelievable parallels between the writing and symbols used in the Pacific ocean area and Egypt, until we start thinking and reason for ourselves, and not rely on the word of scientists waiting anxiously for the senior professor to die so that they can take their place.

Then, how about it very much seems that "Egyptian civilization was not a development, it was a legacy" (J. A. West). Do we ask ourselves why it is that almost all pyramid-building activity had only been done in the times of the Egyptian Old Kingdom, and why any later pyramid specimens are inferior? How about the odd, illogical interior design (illogical to us for the moment) of the pyramid that we cannot find a real reason for to this day? The empty sarcophagus in it, found by the son of Harun Al Rashid of "1001 Arabian Nights" fame who first broke in the pyramid in the 800's AD? If the pyramid is an immense tomb, why is it that it has an air shaft -- when was the last time you walked around open tombs with mummies or skeletons? How about the white people discovered on some Pacific islands? How about the fact that when some people on those islands had been discovered by the Western civilization, they had been cannibals, yet other people on other Pacific islands in very close vicinity were not cannibals and were very developed in comparison, and yet both the cannibals and the non-cannibals had not known where the megaliths existing on the islands to this day came from (except from the Gods, in their opinion). There are islands out there with huge stone structures and which do not have any granite at all to quarry for their construction -- no granite or any stone at all within many hundreds of kilometers of open ocean. The islands' cultures, though, abound with legends about stones floating in place through the air -- see Childress' book about his recent (in the 80's) personal conversation with a very old wise person on the island of Ponape, and the latter's confirmation of that, as well as other reports about that.

A million questions like the above and their answers make us take one step closer to finding the truth, and possibly proving the suspicion that at one time, the Earth had a very advanced megalith- and pyramid-building civilization that spread advanced knowledge and considerably influenced many other later civilizations.

However, working out the truth is not going to be easy. Kestrel mentioned the (fabled) psychosphere, so we also have to fill in the missing parts through other methods, not just reading existing books.

Hope that gives you a little bit more light on the problem.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Leo

I have a theory on the physical destruction of Mu and Atlantis...
The one thing that helped them grow and learn also helped their downfall. The fact that the Pyramids not only allowed communication across the galaxy but it also brought rain to an area of the planet that was not supposed to have that much rain. If the planet self rectifies to produce optimum performance, and humans change that level of balance by adding to much water in an area and this water seeps down to lower levels of the planet disturbing the balance of the techtonic plates, allowing them to colapse...

When most liquids cool and form a solid more often than not its size diminishes.... what happens when a molten lava cools over thousands of years?

Or is this theory too way out there? Any Geologists read this forum?
Any other theories anyone can think off?
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Meedan

Meedan wrote:Luckily, we have that important ability: reason. We can see that what is being said makes sense, and that most other possibilities make far less sense. We don't think TP is true just because we trust Michel, it is because we are being presented with a view of the universe that totally makes sense. This means that most of the important things in TP - the things about the workings of the universe - are verifiable even through logic and reason alone (TFOC).

In this specific case, we can use reason to predict that the intelligent inhabitants of Thiaoouba would not tell lies.
lol :lol:
Any other theories anyone can think off?
I think Vesko has an interesting one. I'm sure he'll be along soon.
With Love
Rezo

dating of great pyramid via star map on 'shaft'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbztRHBauV4

15,000 bc aligns similarly to 2500 bc i have also read, here:

http://everything2.com/user/Radix%25BD/ ... id+of+Giza

first link: is it possible there is more to that map's alignment than yet discovered in this video? if so, what?