Evidence Nazis Tested an A-bomb

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

InfoSource

Evidence Nazis Tested an A-bomb

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/i-saw- ... 62891.html

In TP Thao talked about how they stopped the Nazis before they could use atomic weapons, and as this article suggests (according to two historians) the Nazi scientists were closer than most people think in developing these WMD's

I'm glad the Thiaooubans stopped them before they could use them, as the effects would have been devastating for the Allies and therfore the rest of the free world
Alisima

What makes you think you are free?
Don't read my signature.
InfoSource

What makes you think you are free?
Well if the Nazis had won we'd been living under fascists regimes instead of democratic ones here in the West, of course these democratic governments have their corruption and what not but democratic governments enable the people to have a voice to express their views/desires for their country through their elected representatives

I'd say a properly run democracy is a free society therefore making any citizen of it a free person (me)

A free society (a properly run democracy) is one which maximizes a individuals freedom of choice through law and does not suppress people like a fascist regime would, so in that sense were freer today than we were WW2 times or if the Axis of Powers won the war.
Vesko

InfoSource, thank you! I was not aware that there is a dispute and that it is so large. If the claims are true, there is going to be a veritable rewriting of an important moment in history, indeed! Michel's book, published in 1993, makes a clear point that Nazi Germany would have surpassed the US in this regard, if there had been no intervention.

The following article gives some more detail about Luigi Romersa. It states the book was published "today", i.e. September 30:
"Author fuels row over Hitler's bomb", http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articl ... 12,00.html, September 30, 2005.

This older one, written by a German for the "Spiegel", criticises the Belgian historian Rainer Karlsch, the author of a previous book, and expresses doubt that Luigi Romersa's account is reliable, however, the article does not provide compelling evidence against them, either:
"How Close Was Hitler to the A-Bomb?", http://service.spiegel.de/cache/interna ... 93,00.html, March 14, 2005.

In the articles, there are more witness accounts and accounts possibly corroborating the reality of a prototype of the bomb.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?