Why the continent of Mu could have never existed?

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

Why the continent of Mu could have never existed?

Taken from a discussion I previously had on another forum. I'd appreciate expert opinion about this.
Ophiolite wrote:Robanan, I should like to focus for a moment on the existence, or non-existence, of Mu. Given the unparalleled success of the paradigm of plate tectonics to explain two centuries of geological observation; given the clear distinction within this paradigm between continental and oceanic crust; how do you account for the disappearance of this alleged contintent?
Do you reject the geological consensus, or do you have some explanation that permits Mu, yet is consistent with current theory?
So far I think if MU really existed then the most excellent hints that could be followed and researched about it's birth and fall are to be found in Desmarquet's book "Thiaoouba Prophecy". You could help me if you explained how the narration of MU according to Desmarquet is against the geological consensus and scientifically impossible.
Ophiolite wrote:It is my understanding that Mu occupied a substantial part of what is today the Northern Pacific Ocean. There is absolutely no evidence for any continent in that location during. There is abundant evidence that there was no continental mass in that location. The Pacific Ocean is underlain by oceanic crust. Oceanic crust is never exposed in more than very limited amounts above sea level. Oceanic crust and continental crust are not interchangeable. Mu could not have existed.
Given the magnitude of the catastrophe which swept away MU from the face of the earth as described in the book. What could happen to the continental crust of that supposedly existing continent after about 16000 years? would we still percieve it as continental crust? Could it move away?
Ophiolite wrote:Continental crust differs from oceanic crust in several very distinctive, wholly diagnostic ways, specifically:
1) Thickness
2) Density
3) Composition
4) Complexity
Confusion of the two is not possible. 16,000 years is an instant in geological time, so nothing of significance could occur to the crust in that time frame. Move away? No. Plate tectonics might carry it 1/4 mile. That's a long remove from being swept aside and into oblivion.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

Re: Why the continent of Mu could have never existed?

you know this might not sound scientific much but I was thinking...if mu came into being following major asteroid impacts, is it possible that those gas belts [that churchward talks about] were on some sort of 'timetable' and mu just being there over time would eventually have to go back down to 'restabalize' the plates, due to some sort of buildup in the earth [upheaval as deep as ctr of planet] so the earth could be close to what it was like before the impact [minus the axis and orbit changes] .

sorry i know its just speculation and that can be annoying but this was gnawing at me a little today.
Robanan

Enough coherent speculation must happen first before a scientific theory could arise. :applause:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Rezo

heres an article from last year that I just found, from the bbc - Dont know if this has been posted here yet, I dont believe so but I do know other links have been put up on this site, regarding other analysis of the atlantic ocean/plates, this might be related:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6405667.stm

title:

"Scientists probe 'hole in Earth' --

Scientists are to sail to the mid-Atlantic to examine a massive "open wound" on the Earth's surface. A drill will be used to extract samples of the exposed mantle"
Robanan

We see the "pacific plate" in the picture below:
so if there's no continental crust there it means the whole pacific plate is composed of oceanic crust and upon the asteroid impact it (all or partly) raised above the sea level and formed the continent on which Mu was founded. Sigh, I feel so helpless when I think about the whole scientific effort needed to be done to test this theory...
Ptah

Geo physics is based in paradox and paradigm.

As you can see from the above picture Continents rest on the plates themselves some in the middle of them, plate tectonic may have nothing to do with the rise and fall of an island or continent.

Ancient peoples all over the planet keep good records of the night sky as gods were believed to traverse to planets and stars. If you believed in a god that came from the pole star would you not note where this star was?
Imagine an astorid belt that is believed to be the early abortion of a planet as our solar system formed. Imagine that 3-4000 years ago a planet was witnessed to disapear from the heavens and encoded in ancient greek language. People stopped praying to a god... this is an important event. It would be like saying god lived on mars then one day mars exploded... could you pray to god any more? so we can establish that it is a very important event and we would write this down as so. Today there is an astoriod belt in our solar system as material evidence that something happend.

Currently we pretend we know a lot about our planet and its history. For instance how would the geologists react now if at the bottom of the atlantic ocean in the northern hemisphere we found an intact pyramid larger than the egyptian one.... lets see them explain this?

What if the U.S navy uncovered it... you can bet it will remain hidden for a long time.

In the Peruvian Andies there is a stone pipe water system that is split in sections as it stops and seems to appear several hundred feet up as if the mountain in a day was formed. Just another bit of irrelevant evidence?
Robanan

Rezo wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/6405667.stm

title:

"Scientists probe 'hole in Earth' --

Scientists are to sail to the mid-Atlantic to examine a massive "open wound" on the Earth's surface. A drill will be used to extract samples of the exposed mantle"
Last time I checked them rezo looked like they found a few precious stones and returned home :rofl:
Trying to be as much skeptical as I can be too, let's imagine it could be determined by the properties of the crust that they are building MU on oceanic crust, shouldn't they have been alarmed by that fact alone?
Rezo

Is it possible that the lands of lamar/mu, and atlantis, may have had land crust though - but were so completely swallowed up, that there may indeed be no remaining discernible clear evidence [of the land itself] of its existence, other than left-behind places of megalithic blocks on 'random' pacific islands [easter island, tonga, guam, nan madol, yonaguni underwater, etc]. Meaning there may be no way to prove by explaining to someone they existed [also what about ideas on pyramid of atlantis still underwater] ...
Ptah

Rezo,
The very researchers that look for strange places like Atlantis and MU all think that they know enogh about geophysics that the places like atlantis and mu couldnt exist in where historicaly the ledgeds say they are. 130 years ago the lost city of troy was just a legend. No archeologist would have taken it seriously. One man took homers lost poems or storys as fact. He found troy. He then took odysus's very own drinking cup as fact and followed the legend. he found the winged 3500 year old cup down a mine shaft. So legends can be a form of distorted fact.

Foot prints in the gobi desert in sand stone were found in 1959 the soles of shoes, made at least 1 million years old. Nervada foot prints were found in sandstone that is a size 10 shoe with laces at least 1 million years old. A set of 12 foot prints were found in sand stone in NSW australia that must be 1 million years old. In a coal mine in the U.S.A a foot print was found in a rock like substance that the taper and thread of the shoe was clearly visible. They estimated it to be over 15 million years old. Impossibly old. Obviously the print was made while the sand was still soft, then imprinted and some geologic upheavel put it so deeply buried in the mine.

The list of similar inconsistant artifacts is to large to ignore. 40000 year old human skull with a bullet wound. An Ariouch an ancient type of buffilo with a bullet hole through its head.... over one hundred thousand years old.

Do not worry about proof, If we heat the planet up enough we will see how mother nature really likes to roll.
Rezo

I am not worried about proof....I simply am intrigued by it [positive view].

Certain aspects of the ancient past of those places, are certainly there, despite what people say, eternally challenging ignorance of it, by simply being there, and not being able to truly be 'dated' or accurately explained. I am aware of this, including evidence you added, well, as aware as I can be of it. hmm, bullet wound eh? interesting...didnt hear about that one.

I am currently curious about stories revolving around Mt. Shasta, and discussion about other underground tunnel systems, like in South America - many are said to converge there. To me, this is quite an interesting prospect for me to consider - If it was possible that any sub=terreanean tunnels were successfully built to survive those cataclysms, considering *their* technology and ability [the last king of mu's advisers and scientists debated about seismographs - but surely others did other work that had differing results, otherwise there would be no arguing??] would they be strong enough to withstand such planet-wide alterations, and house thriving communities underground, for thousands of years, way more evolved than us [preserving their ways]?

"Flame" me on this or not, I think its utterly fascinating, despite how hard it is to imagine. Currently on this, I suspend my disbelief.

I think looking for proof is fine, just dont obsess on it. why is proof this "bad" thing anyway? for me anyway, its just more about learning about reality..which we are all doing in some way here right?
Robanan

It's just it doesn't mean that one can "dismiss" something on the basis that there's no "proof" of it's "existence" or "validity". There's a difference between belief and knowledge and "both" are vital more or less (if not equally) for the conscious intellectual and spiritual development of every individual.
I'm firmly persuaded to think that dismissing belief (theory) and glorifying only knowledge is as much "an act of ignorance" as is dismissing knowledge while instead glorifying belief and faith based dogma alone, is.
Rezo

ah, well said Robanan - I feel this way but its often hard to express clearly. You did just that, thank you.

Jerry Wills is someone I've talked about here before - this isnt a plug, though on the below website you may see a few he makes - this post is more of an invitation I'm making, unofficially - he will be showing film and talking about his peru treks to find yet-undiscovered ancient places, including discovery of one of the very long tunnel systems in south america; he says he found one, and went into it...[?] at channel-u.com, oct 24th at 9 pm pacific US time.

Theres plenty of other underground tunnels, of course. Recently I read about one from ancient Turkey [connection to Gobekli Tepe?] called Derinkuyu, and another underneath Cappadocia.

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/turkeyderinkuyu.htm
Rezo

well I watched the webcast, only towards the end he talks about the tunnels.

There were plenty of questions about the doorway, geoglyphs and other stone sites [walls] high up at 14000 ft +, and some different shots were shown behind that doorway thing, showing different outcroppings of the surrounding 'petrified' sandstone jutting out of the ground in narrow 'strips', as well as a set of stone-stairs, looking pretty mangled but noticeable - that go to the top *of* the doorway!

I'm more curious about tunnels under north america being that I live here - trying to find legends about that - other than mt. shasta, one ive heard about, that seems a bit 'fantastical' by saying people from mu prepared for the collapse and are still down there....ok....? What sort of equipment detects presence of underground structures, is it plain old sonar, or a special kind?
Benjamin

14,500 years is a long time for natural processes to cover the edges of any fractures in the crust and bury any structures at sea. Not only do we have sinking organic matter we have the accumulation of sediments falling as meteoric dust to make the job of finding strong evidence a tough one. As for coral in shallow waters well it's super hard to make a ship wreck out after 200 years, let alone hewn rock even if it were to be perfectly cut. Pyramids and buildings may well of been buried years ago, or just have their tips poking out down there.

It seems the crust is like a carpet that can get ruffled and straighted out depending on what is happening beneath. Atlantis and Mu went but Brazil emerged and it seems incredibly, that the Andes rose in a day and a night. If so -.amazing. Is lake Titicaca salty? If so this gives credence to the possibility.

Fascinating subjects. You should see Claus Donas stone maps from Ecuador. On it is a map with Atlantis marked clearly.
Rezo

Klaus Dona's work is very interesting. I have seen this map, indeed its hard to argue imo. Whats more, the finely-worked stone objects found from subterranean caves in ecuador. i think it was a set of jade cups also found from there, with luminescent dots as well as a 'helmet' like object, that fits on the head, to indicate certain pressure points. [i dont know if these cups and the 'eye' pyramid were dated or not]

I visited the peru doorway, and got to spend a few days by the lake there. i suspect its salty, i do however recall reading that although its currently considered fresh water, at one ancient period of time it was salty.

http://viewzone.com/tiwan.html

Interesting sanskrit translation above [link]. Jerry had said, the meaning of tiwanaku [tiahuanaco], is as follows: Ti [god] Wa [is] Naku [here] = 'god is here.' [whether aymara or puquina i dont know].

http://www.xpeditionstv.com/20/index.html [a good example of such gargantuan structures, being tossed under tons of dirt and silt, and cracking up. I guess, if we look, there may be much more. In the book, Tiahuanaco was described as being a major port/city [?] where ships from Mu would dock...