Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

NJones

Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Recently I have read two books in which fluorescent light bulbs are mentioned in a negative way.

The first book is "Hands of Light" by Barbara Brennen, in this book she says that fluorescent light bulbs induce a beat frequency in the human aura which can be detrimental to health. Indeed older types of fluorescent tubes do cause some people problems due to the 50/60 Hz flicker. But what she doesn't say is whether this applies to the newer type of compact fluorescent light bulbs which have an electronic ballast and switch at 20,000 Hz or even higher. For those interested the best type of bulbs are the halogen variety.

The second book is "Power Vs Force" by David Hawkins. David Hawkins is a great believer in Applied Kinesiology muscle testing, one such method is to place an object over a subjects solar plexus, the subject will go momentarily weak if the object is detrimental to life. The exact procedure is too long to describe here but can be found on the Internet for those interested. Anyway, as you guessed a fluorescent light bulb causes the subject to go weak.

Before knowing the above I had CFLs throughout my house but have since changed back to incandescent bulbs. But this really annoys me as CFLs seem the "right thing to do". Also incandescent bulbs are becoming harder to buy, low energy bulbs are, for obvious reasons, being pushed hard.

So what are other peoples thoughts here on fluorescent light bulbs?

NJones

BTW: I would highly recommend both Barbara Brennen's books for anyone suffering long term health problems, very interesting.
bomohwkl

Re: Fluorescent Light Bulbs

use white light LED or maybe organic light emitting diode for DC lighting....
NJones

But don't mains voltage LED lamps incorporate a ballast? I am now very suspicious of anything that has a ballast.
bomohwkl

ballast is used for high voltage discharge. LED draws low voltage , about 6V. You just need a rectificier to change the AC to DC source. Even with a rectifier , you wouldn't be able to convert to 100% stable DC source. There is always some oscallating volatge present, albiet, the variation should be small,less than 0.1V depending how much money you want to invest in that. In the lab, the DC source has a fluactuation is less than less than 0.1% or less. You can have a battery powered white LED but you cant have battery powered flourescent tube.